Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "lurganboy" - 236 Messages

per page

Magee/McGee/McGoey/M'Gee - Hanly/Magovern/Kennedy/McTernan/Roonian/Roonen/Moohan/Wynne/Dobson/Wynn Posted on: 08 Jan 1999, by  jeanrice

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Leitrim > General

...Catherine Roonian, Kinlough. 8. Catherine McGoey born 20 June 1865 to James McGoey and Ellen Roonen, Lurganboy. 9. Catherine M'Gee ...

McTiernan, similar - McMorrow/Dolan/White/Stringer/Owens/McGloughlin/Loughlin, Walsh/Healy/Rogan Posted on: 01 Dec 1998, by  jeanrice

...and Mary Walsh, Drumkeeran. 9. Garret McTernan born 09 Oct 1866 to James McTernan and Catherine Healy, Lurganboy. 10. Honour McTiernan born 27 July 1864 to John McTiernan and Honour Rogan, Drumkeeran. Please ...

Flanagan, similar - Magauran/McAniffe/Beirne, Keany/McNiff/Rooney/Roonen/McTernan/Moran/McMorrow Posted on: 01 Apr 1999, by  jeanrice

Please click on Surname List at the top of the Co. Leitrim Queries (Genconnect/Rootsweb) website for additional information and queries regarding these surnames, and please also leave your own query t...

K-C, similiar - Fallon/Greenan/Maguire/Lynch/Flynne/Gallagher/McHugh/McGowan/Clarey/Horan/McGaughren Posted on: 24 Dec 1998, by  jeanrice

...researchers. Co. Leitrim LDS FHC index: 1. John Kearny born 15 May 1865 to Pat Kearny and Mary Fallon, Lurganboy. 2. John Carney born 23 Aug 1865 to Edward Carney and Margret Greenan, Newtown Gore. 3. John K...

Carney/Kearny - Cleary/Sweeny/Keany/Gallagher/Cullen/Keaney/McGaughrin/Magowan/McHugh/Gilhooly Posted on: 24 Dec 1998, by  jeanrice

...and Sarah Cleary, Manorhamilton. 2. Alice Kearny born 17 Feb 1865 to Daniel Kearny and Mary Sweeny, Lurganboy. 3. Anne Carney christened 31 May 1857, parents Robert Carney and Catharine Keany, Killargue RC 4. ...

BOYLAN - More data Posted on: 31 Aug 2000, by  nyfd148

I forgot to add that Laurence Boylan was born in Townland- Lurganboy, Parish- Killasnet, PLU- Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim.

Cresswell/Crosswell/Croswell - Flynn/Caldwell/McAllister/Denison/Boles/Dennison Posted on: 23 May 1999, by  jeanrice

...McAllister, 30 April 1846, Glenlough. 4. Henry Croswell born 06 May 1866 to William Croswell and Anne Denison, Lurganboy. 5. John Crosswell born 24 July 1865 to Isaac Crosswell and Anne Boles, Drumahaire. 6. M...

Crawford - Spence/Aikins/Lavill/Metcalf/Taylor/Johnstone/Quarry/Trotter/Jones/Hawksby/Kells/Litle Posted on: 24 May 1999, by  jeanrice

Please click on Surname List at the top of the Co. Leitrim IR Queries (Genconnect-Rootsweb) website for more information and queries regarding these surnames, and please also leave your own query so o...

Clancy Posted on: 05 Feb 1999, by  jeanrice

...tended to live in the other areas - Manorhamilton, Jamestown, Ballinamore, Kinlough, Drumahaire, Mohill, Lurganboy, Drumkeeran and Killasnet, according to birth and marriage entries from the 1860s and before..

Foleys who were once Fowlys Posted on: 01 May 2000, by Nora

Surnames > Foley

...information about any other Foleys who've run into this situation. Garret Fowly was born Nov. 17, 1865 in Lurganboy, Leitrim. Married my namesake, Nora Linehan. Thanks.

Re :Malone/Burns/Casidy/Farrelly Posted on: 13 Sep 2004, by  johnmalone165

Surnames > Malone

...growers list for Munterconnaught Parish. The Malones lived in the adjacent townlands of Knockaraheen and Lurganboy, and the Burns in the townlands of Cornaslieve, Lisgrea and Cleggan. They were Catholics -- ...

James and Duncan Campbell from Ireland Posted on: 28 Mar 2005, by MC

Surnames > Campbell

...1803, married Hannah Lyttle 1868 in the Chapel of Ease in Killasnet, Leitrim/Ireland, and died 1871 in Lurganboy, Leitrim/Ireland. I have no idea where he was born. When he got married his residence was in Ca...

Skea / Skay Family in Tyrone Posted on: 29 Jul 2000, by Wendy van Doore

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Tyrone > General

...have found to a Patrick SKEA is the births of Mary SKEA (1 Jun 1865)and Rose Ann SKEA (10 Sep 1867)in Lurganboy, Leitrim, to Patrick SKEA and Mary MOONEY, in 1865 and 1867. From my research so far, SKEA / SKA...

Help me id a mystery photo-possibly Hugh or Joseph Craig clan of western PA Posted on: 02 Dec 2006, by  GregCraig1

Surnames > Craig

...another John (my direct ancestor). These folks were originally from Ireland, County Fermanagh, Townland of Lurganboy. Hugh was born in 1799 and died in 1876 in Shelocta, PA. He married Barbara Ramsey. We have...

Possible Hugh Craig Shelocta Mystery Photo Help Posted on: 02 Dec 2006, by  GregCraig1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Armstrong

...and another John (my direct ancestor). These folks were originally from County Fermanagh, Townland of Lurganboy. Hugh was born in 1799 and died in 1876 in Shelocta. We have a group photograph with no document...

Sorting of Facts Posted on: 16 Dec 2006, by  GregCraig1

Topics > Genealogy Software > Family Tree Maker software

...Magheraculmoney Parish, County Fermanagh, Ireland7 Residence 2: Bef. 1821, probably resided in Townland of Lurganboy at some point7

Re: Parish Registers Posted on: 23 Jul 2008, by  PatWicklow

Topics > Religions and Religious > Roman Catholic > Roman Catholic Clergy and Churches

Hi Christine, To give you an idea how common the Farrell/Farrelly surname was in County Cavan I'm listing below the entries for the surname in Griffiths Valuation Index Extracts for County Cavan done...

Fraser in Fermanagh Posted on: 19 Dec 2007, by  MicheleHarris...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

William & Anne Fraser lived in Fermanagh, Ireland until at least 1841 before moving to Lurganboy, Leitrim. Children: William b.1841, James b.1846. Others. Would like to find out more about their roots. Tha...

Publications Containing Sligo/Leitrim Biographies Posted on: 19 Oct 2000, by  jeanrice

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

...title. The book is a chronicle of the powerful Wynne family who held the great estates of Hazelwood and Lurganboy. The Wynnes lived at Hazelwood in Co. Sligo but held extensive lands in Rossinver, Killasnet, K...

Re: Belturbet Fitzpatricks Posted on: 10 Jan 2008, by  pfitzpa1_1

Surnames > Fitzpatrick

Here's the Griffith Land valuations 1844-1867 results for Fitzpatricks in all 3 parishes. This lists households/owners of land. A total of around 175 individual land owners in the Belturbet area. It's...

McCANN Posted on: 28 Oct 2000, by  mor_gan7

...McCANNs. MY direct line of McCANNs may be traced back to William McCANN, b 1820, in Fallgherin and Lurganboy, which is in Errigle Kieran PArish. He came to the USA in 1847. I have traced collateral lines of h...

McCANN Gravestone Posted on: 28 Oct 2000, by  mor_gan7

...THIS LIFE THE 6TH SEPT 1825 AGED 38 YEARS This stone is exactly as it was carved. Lurgan is really Lurganboy. I have a digital picture of this stone.

Re: Logan Fitzpatrick Connection 1840's Posted on: 06 Aug 2008, by  EdPatLogan

Surnames > Logan

New Up-Date Family History Logan Patrick Logan was born 1798 ?? in Arran Quay, County Dublin, Ireland. SPECULATION 1789 "A" Patrick Gannon was married at St. Pauls, Arra...

Re: Parish Registers Posted on: 23 Jul 2008, by  PatWicklow

Topics > Religions and Religious > Roman Catholic > Roman Catholic Clergy and Churches

Hi Christine, And to give you an idea how common the Smith surname was in County Cavan I'm listing below the entries for the surname in Griffiths Valuation Index Extracts for County Cavan done in 185...

Monaghans of County Leitrim - Patrick Monaghan c1854 Posted on: 09 Jul 2009, by  michelle mona...

Surnames > Monahan

...Monaghan (c1854) and their grandfather was John Monaghan (c1830). Patrick c1854 married a Catherine in Lurganboy, Co Leitrim in 1874 (also Monaghan, her father Michael / Mick Monaghan of Lisnabrack, mother un...

Monaghans of County Leitrim - Patrick Monaghan c1854 Posted on: 09 Jul 2009, by  michelle mona...

Surnames > Monaghan

...Monaghan (c1854) and their grandfather was John Monaghan (c1830). Patrick c1854 married a Catherine in Lurganboy, Co Leitrim in 1874 (also Monaghan, her father Michael / Mick Monaghan of Lisnabrack, mother un...

Re: WEAKLIM (WEAKLIN) and UNCAL(S) Posted on: 04 Jan 2010, by  johnroscommon

Lurganboy town, Killasnet Civil parish You might find something in the Tithe Applotment of Lurganboy – see LDS film 256636 (1833-5). Major Public libraries may have the National Library Ireland Tithe Applotment films. ...

Re: Holy Cross Cemetery, Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY Posted on: 21 Mar 2011, by  olesleuth

Topics > Cemeteries & Tombstones > United States > New York Cemeteries

...only one McGuiness family but no Joseph McGuiness. This is what I have: McGuiness Mary, 7/21/1901, 58, Lurganboy, Castlerahan, Cavan Frank, 12/23/1939 Delia, 12/04/1947 Frank Jr, 1/26/1950 Joseph could be in ...

Duffy's in Leitrim Posted on: 04 Dec 2010, by  duffy1937

...Sarah(?), emigrated to NYC abt. 1847. Married to Mary in NYC 1868. Also John Duffy, born abt.1846, Lurganboy Co. Leitrim to William Duffy and Ellen(?). Emigrated to USA abt.1874. Married Isabella Marley born...

Re: Catherine McNally Posted on: 07 Feb 2011, by  stephenSaorog

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Louth > General

...have on this McNally family: John McNally baptised 17-08-1816. Son of James McNally and Judith Lawless Lurganboy. Spondors were James McDaniel and Catherine Heeny. Margaret McNally baptised 07-12-1818. Daugh...

Crown/Foley Posted on: 09 May 2010, by  celtichistory...

Surnames > Crown

...Crown(14), Ellen Crown (13) , Morerah,Drumlease,Drumahaire,Leitrim. 1911 census has house # 11 Morerah(Lurganboy,Leitrim)Kate Crown ,69 widow, farmer,Kate Crown ,29, John Crown,23 ,farmers son, (Ellen came t...

Re: Mary FARRELL Posted on: 22 Dec 2011, by  AnnetteCode

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Longford > General

...Gordon born Oct-Dec 1892 , Manorhamilton Vol.2, POg. 187 #4193978 Patrick Gordon born 12 Mar, 1869 Lurganboy Leitrim #274 Civil Registration, Denis Gordon & Mary Lynch, parents C01200-5/102281 (...

McLoughlin Posted on: 09 Aug 2011, by  DalkeyHistory

...on the McLoughlin family of Leitrim. Edward McLoughlin and Honora (nee McPartlan we think) lived at Lurganboy, Leitrim (shown in 1901 census). Edward was born circa 1830 and married twice.http://www.census.na...

Re: Mc Ternan Family of Manor hamilton Leitrim Posted on: 30 Jun 2012, by  DaveBoylan

Hello Stephen, I’m not a descendant of Cormac McTernan and Catherine Lee, nor do I have access to the microfilm reels in the NLI, but I found the marriage index for your Cormac and Catherine at the I...

EAGLETON, McINROY, ROONEY families of Co. Leitrim Posted on: 16 Jun 2012, by  saf58inks

...City) m. Mary ROONEY (b. 1794 in Co. Leitrim d. 1871 in New York City); (2)Edward McINROY (b. 1798 in [Lurganboy?], Co. Leitrim, d. 1899 Charleston, Tioga Co., Pennsylvania) m. [1st] Ann LITTLE 1823 in Co. Sl...

Wynne-Sligo-Ireland Posted on: 11 Feb 2001, by Jackie Curtis

Surnames > Wynne

...John Wynne ap Humphrey -- Lewis married a Wynn descended from Gwydir. It was their descendent, Owen of Lurganboy, co. of Sligo, who went to Ireland in 1659.

McInroy DNA Group on Ancestry.com Posted on: 05 Aug 2012, by  saf58inks

Surnames > McInroy

...this group - submitted by a descendant of Edward McInroy, b. 1798 in Co. Leitrim, Ireland (probably Lurganboy), d. 1899 in Tioga Co., Pennsylvania, USA - will soon be posted. Once samples from other McInroy li...

Re: EAGLETON, McINROY, ROONEY families of Co. Leitrim Posted on: 26 Jun 2012, by  AnnetteCode

...Eagleton's: Co's Donegal, Kings, Mayo and Tyrone (leitrim borders Fermanagh, Cavan, Sligo, Roscommon Lurganboy is a Village in Leitrim, in the Parish of Killasnet, Union of Manorhamilton. Telephone Book Leit...

Re: Fanny McINROY, sister of Edward McINROY Posted on: 16 Jun 2012, by  saf58inks

Surnames > McInroy

...not Co. Armagh as previously stated. If correct, this means the town he was born in might have been Lurganboy (rather than Lurgan. If you have information on McINROYs from Co. Leitrim, please let me know.

Re: Hart in Newtown area of county Leitrim ireland Posted on: 11 Feb 2015, by  AnnetteCode

These dates are quite early for Ireland with so many parish records missing. www.rootsireland.ie has Parish records, survival date to about 1900. John the most used name in Ireland at this time, fol...

Re: Cooney's in Townland Carrickacrumin, County Cavan Posted on: 19 May 2015, by  oakcooney

Surnames > Cooney

...married twice he had 4 children to his first wife,francis drumsivney cootehill,mary anne, america, packie lurganboy balieboro and kate carrickacromin kate died age 17 and was the first to be buried in carricka...

Re: Curiosity Posted on: 23 Aug 2014, by  genealojist

Surnames > Croughan

...family comes from the area of Croghan in Roscommon. I am descended from Crown's who lived in/around Lurganboy and Manorhamilton and then emigrated to America. Our family lore is that the family originally ca...

Re: McGoey and Kelly family Leitrim and Sligo Posted on: 22 May 2014, by  DaveBoylan

Hello rosiekelly55, I found the church marriage index as well as the civil registration marriage index for Bartle McGoey and Margaret Rooney at the Irish Family History Foundation (IFHF) website for ...

McGoey and Kelly family Leitrim and Sligo Posted on: 20 Feb 2014, by  rosiekelly55

Surnames > McGoey

...Bridget McGoey married in Glenade 1926 John was from Coolagraffy Rossinver Sligo and Bridget from Gubinea. lurganboy Leitrim DOB 6/1/1904 they had 5 children Patrick J 1928 ,John l 1930 ,Edward 1931 and Winnie...

Re: Felix mcmurray Posted on: 19 Aug 2014, by  AnnetteCode

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > General

...Cloone, but the PLU is Mohill William Duffy, Parish of Killasnet, Townland Barrack Park, Village of Lurganboy PLU Manorhamilton, tenant of Right Hon. John Wynne # 10 house and garden 0 acres 1 rood and 35 p...

McGoey and Kelly family Leitrim and Sligo Posted on: 22 Feb 2014, by  rosiekelly55

Looking for any I formation for Bartlie Mcgoey and Margaret Rooney Gubinea Lurganboy Leitrim they had a daughter in 1904 Bridget who married John Luke Kelly in Glenade 1926 John was from Coolagraffy Rossinver ...

Re: Cooney's in Townland Carrickacrumin, County Cavan Posted on: 01 Dec 2013, by  amandapmcc

Surnames > Cooney

...Anne Kelly My ggmother's siblings were ( as far as I can see) 1. Kate Cooney - Married Peter Reilly Lurganboy Drumgoon 3rd Mar 1886. His parents were Patrick Reilly & Ann Lynch (witnesses Patrick Reilly ...

IMMIGRATION TO PA: Addresses Found In More Than One County In Ireland. Posted on: 05 Apr 1999, by  jeanrice

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Fermanagh > General

...Lifford - Donegal, Tyrone. 19. Lurgan - Armagh, Cavan, Donegal, Fermanagh, Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, (Lurganboy, in Co. Leitrim). 20. Moboy - Antrim, Tyrone. 21. Moneymore - Derry, ...

HUEY/STEEL/BRACKEN Posted on: 13 Nov 2001, by James Huey

...in Ireland, WILLIAM BRACKEN, born 1848, Ireland, (son of Hugh Bracken and Margaret Berry died 1937, Lurganboy, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim,IRL, buried: 1937, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim, Ireland. II. MARY HUEY bo...

Re: Townland Index for Co. Monaghan: Derrins Posted on: 04 Feb 2004, by Jack Storey

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Monaghan > General

...Lislongfield & Drumcrow, touches the Townlands of Creeran, Corragarry, Tullynample & Lurganboy. This quite near the village of Drum and a little further from the village of Ne...

per page