Search the Boards

Search Results for "Sturrock" - 547 Messages

per page

Charles Young Posted on: 12 Jul 2001, by Mr. Brian Young

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

..."Young" families, comes across a Charles Young who was born approx. 1803 and whose mother was an Elizabeth Sturrock from the Dundee area, (Father / ? Young / soldier/ unknown). Please get in touch.

Charles Young Posted on: 13 Jul 2001, by Mr. Brian Young

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

...eventually came to Aberdeen around the mid 1800's with his son. All I know is his mother was Elizabeth Sturrock and his father as ? Young, soldier. Anybody help? Yours, Brian Young

RITCHIE family from Arbroath Posted on: 03 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

Looking for decendants of John RITCHIE and Agnes STURROCK m. 1869. Children= John S b. 1870,Annie C b1872,Thomas b.1877,Robert b.1882,David b.1883,Maggie b. 1885,George b.1887,Jane b. 1888 and Norman b.1890....

RITCHIE and SMITH families of Angus Arbroath Scotland Posted on: 05 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

Hi Jean Could you please look up a John Ritchie m. to Agnes Sturrock on Jan 17 1869 and a William Smith m. to Mary Jane Trimble/Trumbull abt 1875. Both couples had several children. Thanks. D...

Re: 1881 CENSUS LOOK-UPS Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

... Could you please look up the Ritchie family of Fofar Arbroath Scotland. Father John--mother Agnes [STURROCK] They 3 children that I know of. John S b.1870,Annie Christy b.1872 and Thomas b.1877 There may...

Re: STURROCK Posted on: 20 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hi Daniel I am researching an Agnes Sturrock b. abt 1850 m.John Ritchie in 1869 The father of Agnes was John Sturrock All came from Fofar Arbroath Scotland.

Re: 1881 CENSUS LOOK-UPS Posted on: 30 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hello Jean Thanks for your past help. Could you please look up a STURROCK family of Arbroath Scotland-Fofar Co. Father John abt.51 yrs.old,mother Jane MITCHELL. May have lived at Bokins Wynd. Any others sti...

John STURROCK Angus Arbroath Scotland area Posted on: 31 Aug 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Sturrock

Looking for info.on John STURROCK b. 1820/1830s in Scotland. Was a barn starcher- what ever that is. His wife was Jane MITCHELL [pos.2nd- M L HUDSON deceased] In 1869 his dau. Agnes m. John RITCHIE in Fofar C...

STURROCK Posted on: 08 Sep 2001, by  grantml2

1. William2 STURROCK c1806 Angus Scotland d 6 Aug 1879 in Keystone Bank Murroes Angus Scotland. He married Margaret PATON 27 Nov 1831 in Inverarity and Methy, Angus Scotland Have Copy). She was born Abt. ...

Re: Ritchie Posted on: 27 Sep 2001, by Don

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

HI Ann My last name is RITCHIE and I live in the Boston area where my fathers family landed after leaving Arbroath Scotland abt. 1907. Do you have any names or dates to compare? ...

Re: STURROCK Posted on: 03 Oct 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Do you have any info. on a Agnes STURROCK b. in the Arbroath area in 1850`s. She m. a John RITCHIE in 1869. They had 9 children from 1870 to 1890---- John S.,Annie C., Thomas,Robert,David,Maggie,George,Jane a...

Sturrock, Agnes Posted on: 05 Oct 2001, by Tom Brink

Surnames > Sturrock

Have a Agnes Sturrock cr. 22/Aug/1806 @ Forfar, Angus, father Andrew Sturrock, mother Katharine Torn. Any one interested in this family?

Re: Sturrock, Agnes Posted on: 11 Oct 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Sturrock

I might be interested but I can`t go back that far. I have an Agnes STURROCK b. abt. 1850 in Fofar Arbroath Scotland. She m. John RITCHIE on Jan. 17, 1869. Do you have any info. on them? ...

Re: RITCHIE family from Arbroath Posted on: 31 Oct 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hi Terri I don`t think there is a connection at this point. I must say you have done well going back to your ggggf. I can only say that my family came from Arbroath and that my ggf John RITCHIE w...

Re: SMITH from KIRKDEW/ARBROATH SCOTLAND Posted on: 05 Nov 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Smith

Hi Jamie Thanks for your reply. This does not sound like my SMITH line. Sorry. Keep looking. Don

Re: THOM Families from Forfar Parish Posted on: 30 Nov 2001, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hi Jamie It is nice of you to offer to do a look up. I am looking for info. on William RITCHIE born in Fofar about 1820`s. Married a Helen ? in 1840`s and later may have married ML MARSHELL He had...

Re: Ritchie family Posted on: 26 Jan 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hi Terri Did you ever find the RITCHIE book that you mentioned? Do you have any more info. on your John RITCHIE? Don

Re: George Brown, Catherine Campbell Posted on: 01 Feb 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hi Patricia Please tell us where and when. Thanks Don

ARNOTT and STURROCK Posted on: 05 Feb 2002, by  HattieIrish

Surnames > Arnot

...this record states his birth in Kircaldy, Fife. At the same Residence was his wife Jane T (Thompson Sturrock) age 39 born in Downfield Forgar And the following children Isabella age 17 born in Invergowrie,...

ARNOTT and STURROCK Posted on: 09 Feb 2002, by  HattieIrish

Surnames > Sturrock

Jane Thompson Sturrock b. March 10 1842 Married Henry Arnott(son of David and Margaret Condi Arnott of Markinch) on April 22, 1863 in Longforgan, Perth, Scotland she was the daughter of William and Agnes(Coup...

George RITCHIE born about 1887 Posted on: 21 Feb 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

...about 1887 in Fofar-Angus, Arbroath Scotland. He was one of 9 children born to John RITCHIE and Agnes STURROCK. I have him in the 1891 census living with his family at 26 Kyd St. in Arbroath at age 4. I would...

Annie Christie RITCHIE Posted on: 01 Mar 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

...happened in the life of Ann RITCHIE. She was b. Dec 1872 in Fofar Arbroath Scotland to John & Agnes [STURROCK] RITCHIE. I have had no luck in trying to trace any of her 7 sibs except my GF Thomas who was ...

Re: John STURROCK Angus Arbroath Scotland area Posted on: 10 Mar 2002, by  MichaelCollin...

Surnames > Sturrock

I have a David William Sturrock b:13 March 1778 at Arbroath. Married Elizabeth Peter. Any Connection?

Re: John STURROCK Angus Arbroath Scotland area Posted on: 11 Mar 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Sturrock

Hello Michael Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can only trace back to John STURROCK b. abt. 1830 who m. Jane MITCHELL M.S. HUDSON on 17 Jan. 1869 in Arbroath. There may be a connection but I can`t s...

Question on Arbroath Streets Posted on: 19 Mar 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hello I have a question on Hope St. and Hamilton Green. Were they one and the same place or were they two different streets back in the 1860`s? Don

Gellatly m Sturrock Posted on: 15 Apr 2002, by Bobbie Gellatly

Localities > North America > Canada > General

...1830s for a short time. I am searching for information about Robert Gellatly, married to Nancy Agnes Sturrock Gellatly. They had one son, David, born in Scotland about 1830. One daughter, Anna, was born in NJ...

Napoleon Bonapart Dutch Sturrock Posted on: 26 Apr 2002, by Jane Little McEndree

Surnames > Sturrock

Hi, I am looking for information on the wife of Napoleon Bonapart Dutch Sturrock. Her name was Mary Ellen Mann born Dec. 7, 1862 in Tyler Co., Texas. She married Napoleon Bonapart Dutch Sturrock on Nov. 20, 1879 in T...

James Inverarity, William Inverarity, Catherine Inverarity Posted on: 26 Apr 2002, by Kathy Matsuo

Surnames > Inverarity

I'm looking for any information on James Moffat Inverarity, born Scotland Sept 4, 1868, William Sturrock Inverarity, born Scotland, May 15, 1877 and Catherine Reid Inverarity, born Scotland Feb 16, 1875

Re: Thomas Lockhart and Elizabeth Ruxton Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by  tbrink11

Can you give me a time frame for the marriage of Thomas LOckhart and Elizabeth Ruxton?

1920-1930 census Posted on: 04 May 2002, by  GirlM

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Nassau

Searching for JULIUS and VIOLET RASKOPF living in Nassau County, Lynbrook area.

Re: STURROCK Posted on: 19 May 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hello Sheila No match yet. No Barnet in my line,but I do have the STURROCK family and a Jane SMITH in my line. Any interest? Don

Re: STURROCK Posted on: 19 May 2002, by sheila mitchell

don, thanks for the reply, sure lets see if it ties in with mine! is yours a david sturrock who married a jane smith? when was he born? mine was born in or around 1833 in monkie thanks

Re: STURROCK Posted on: 21 May 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hello Sheila First of all, I do not have a David STURROCK in my line that I know of. The STURROCK that I do have is Agnes who was born abt. 1850 in Angus Arbroath. [ her mother was Jane MITCHELL] Agnes married Joh...

Re: scottish Herschell's Posted on: 31 May 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Herschell

Hello A yr. or 2 ago James and George HERSCHELL were exchanging messages on this board about their ancestors from Angus Arbroath Scotland. I would like to contact them share info. Don

Re: scottish Herschell's Posted on: 04 Jun 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Herschell

Hello James Thanks for your reply. I am interested in a Helen HERSCHELL b. abt. 1820 Fofar/Angus area. Married William RITCHIE in 1830`s. They had 4/5 children. Do you have any info. on this fami...

Mary STURROCK m. James CALDER, Scotland 1872 Posted on: 05 Jun 2002, by Janet

Surnames > Sturrock

...Aunt Elizabeth CALDER, who married a James Murdock CHRISTIE. Elizabeth's parents, I believe, were Mary STURROCK and James CALDER. Aunt Elizabeth was a war bride (the Great War) and eventualy settled in Cana...

James CALDER m Mary STURROCK 1852 Glasgow, Scotland Posted on: 05 Jun 2002, by Janet

Surnames > Calder

...Aunt Elizabeth CALDER, who married a James Murdock CHRISTIE. Elizabeth's parents, I believe, were Mary STURROCK and James CALDER. Aunt Elizabeth was a war bride (the Great War) and eventualy settled in Canada...

HERSCHELL etc. 1830/40`s Posted on: 24 Jun 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Hello Listers I would like to have a look up for Helen HERSCHELL b. 1820`s,probably Arbroath. She married William RITCHIE,who was a quarry master, in 1830`s. They had atleast one child who was John ...

Re: William Joel Sturrock Posted on: 12 Jul 2002, by  bodell145

Surnames > Sturrock

...because almost every generation has several Williams named after their ancestors! This particular William Sturrock came to America from Scotland around 1830, settled in Tyler County in 1836, and died on 9 Mar...

STURROCK/FINLAY Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  LilaF

Surnames > Sturrock

Isobella Finlay born 1854 in Montrose Scotland, married William Sturrock (DOB ?) on December 9,1881. William Sturrock not listed on 1901 census for Montrose. But they did have a daughter Isobella born in 1890. Any i...

Susan Stetson Kees obituary Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  EmmaHendricks...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Walla Walla

...Rexford Sears, Seattle, Mrs. Joseph Decker, Rahway, N.J., three great grandchildren, a sister, Mrs. James Sturrock, Seattle and a brother, W.D. Hardesty, Portland. She was a member of the First Congregationa...

Martha Etta Dutton Goodman obituary Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  EmmaHendricks...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Walla Walla

...Dutton Goodman was the daughter of John Dutton and Mary A. Dixon and sister of Ella Dutton Smith Roff Sturrock. Walla Walla Union Bulletin (15 Jul 1938) Goodman—July 14 at a local hospital. Mrs. Martha Ett...

Mary A. Dixon Dutton Stetson Hardesty obituary Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  EmmaHendricks...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Umatilla

...later crossed the plains with ox teams. Two children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Dutton. Mrs. James Sturrock of Seattle and Mrs. Etta Goodman of Walla Walla. Mr. Dutton died soon after reaching Walla Walla a...

Mary A. Dixon Dutton Stetson Hardesty obituary Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  EmmaHendricks...

...later crossed the plains with ox teams. Two children were born to Mr. and Mrs. Dutton. Mrs. James Sturrock of Seattle and Mrs. Etta Goodman of Walla Walla. Mr. Dutton died soon after reaching Walla Walla a...

Re: LETTER TO MOMMA -- 11-12-1863 Posted on: 24 Jul 2002, by  bodell145

Surnames > Sturrock

The cousins are most likely two Gellatly brothers, nephews of Margaret Sturrock Weiss. Margaret's sister, Nancy Agnes Sturrock, married Robert Gellatly in Scotland in 1829 (at Murroes, Angus Co.), and they had their ...

Cables from Arbroath Posted on: 09 Aug 2002, by  HCadzow

Surnames > Cable

...1845, St Vigeans Arbroath; d. 22 Aug 1931, Cudham Eventide Home Perth Road, Dundee; m. DAVID STRACHAN STURROCK, 22 Nov 1864, 8 Bridge St, Arbroath. xi. HENRY PATERSON CABLE, b. 14 Sep 1846, St V...

Obit for Helen Mallory Posted on: 14 Aug 2002, by  GirlM

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Nassau

I just found the death date for my great aunt Helen Mallory, died Nov. 12, 1930. She died at 77 Christobel St., Lynbrook, LI, NY. Would sks see if they could find the obit for me? She formerly live at...

Raskopf Posted on: 14 Aug 2002, by  GirlM

Surnames > Raskopf

I am researching Julius Raskopf b. New York, died 1966 ? m. Violet Sturrock. They lived at 30 Shepherd Ave, Lynbrook, LI New York. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Louise

1890 Helena business Posted on: 20 Sep 2002, by  BethTaylor53

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Lewis and Clark

Does anyone have any information as to what type of business Sturrock & Brown may have been. Otis TAYLOR is listed in the 1890 directory as a tinner working for Sturrock & Brown. I have no idea if it was a mi...

Joan BELL m. William MITCHELL 1865 Posted on: 20 Oct 2002, by  @@dritchie@be...

Surnames > Bell

Hello Looking for info. on subject couple who married in Brechin, Co. Angus, Scotland. Your help will be appreciated. Don

per page
© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.