Search for content in message boards

Reynolds-hatter of Bethnal Green

Replies: 0

Reynolds-hatter of Bethnal Green

Posted: 28 Jul 2005 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reynolds
Can anyone please help? Like many others I have hit a brick wall with this search for my husband's gr.grandfather HENRY WILLIAM REYNOLDS, a hatter born in Bethnal Green around 1841.
Our dad George Albert Reynolds was born in Mile End in Sept.1902.
His father William John Reynolds was born in Bethnal Green around 1868.
He was married twice, 1st to Ellen Trattle on 27/1/1889 in parish of Bromley.Middlesex. She died aged 27 in June 1897 in Whitechapel.
William John Reynolds aged 31 then married Florence Eliza Stanley, aged 17 on 2/4/1899 at St.Phillips in Stepney.
On both marriage certificates he lists his father as Henry William Reynolds, occupation, hatter.
I have found a hatter of this exact name and traced him from a marriage to Ann Hitchcock in 1867 through the 1871,1881,1891 and 1901 census but not once does it list a son called William John. All the William John Reynolds I've look up born in the 1868 period do not have parents called Henry and Ann.
Was he illigitimate? Was Henry married before or did Henry 'adopt' him from another member of the family?
William John Reynolds shows up on both the 1891 census and the 1901 census but until I can find his birth details I wont find his parents.
Any leads would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Angie Reynolds

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.