Search for content in message boards

DUGLAS, JOHNSON , MATLE,MATTLE & MEARES, Northamptonshire

Replies: 2

DUGLAS, JOHNSON , MATLE,MATTLE & MEARES, Northamptonshire

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2012 7:40AM GMT
Surnames: douglas, matle, MATTLE ,motley, johnson, mears
Hi - I am new to researching in England, and am looking for any and all suggestions.

I've got an Ann MATTLE or MOTLEY (depending on who is writing it, lol) who married a William DOUGLAS - they had 2 children in England, the last born about 1639 then Elizabeth born 1641 in Ipswich, Mass. So they probably came over in 1640 or so.

In a deposition in 1670 it mentions that Elizabeth MEARS nee JOHNSON & her brother James formerly of Little-Boughton, knew Ann in England. So how can I find where they all grew up?

Thanks for the help
Julie
--------------------
In May, 1670 Ann Douglas went to Boston to establish her claim to an inheritance in the old country.

Ann’s brother Robert MATTLE & father Thomas were now dead.

Dated May 20 1670, Boston,
Ann DUGLAS, wife of William DUGLAS of New London, cooper name before marryadge Ann MATLE age 66, daughter of Thomas MATLE of Ringstead in Northamptonshire and sister of Robert MATLE of Ringstead

James JOHNSON of Boston, formerly of Little-Boughton in Northamptonshire [59yrs, born 1611], knew Ann DUGLAS the reputed daughter of Thomas MATTLE of Ringstead in Northamptonsheire aforesd and sister to Robert MATLE of the same towne of Ringstead ..” [James was only a year when Thomas MATLE died]

“Elizabeth [JOHNSON] MEARES widow now of Boston [66yrs, born about 1604]…she knew the sd Ann DOUGLAS to be the reputed daughter of Thomas MATTLE of Ringstead in Northamptonshire aforesd and sister to Robert MATTLE of the same towne of Ringstread..”
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
xd22577 25 Jul 2012 3:26AM GMT 
ivorex 29 Jul 2012 12:18PM GMT 
PennyEves1 30 Jul 2012 12:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.