Pawan family; Williams family connection Trinidad early 20th C

Replies: 1

Pawan family; Williams family connection Trinidad early 20th C

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 10:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2006 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Diane Pawan, Duke Williams, Albert Williams, Dr Pawan
Greetings All

I am searching for information and guidence on my grandfathers family.

Grandfather Albert Williams born around 1897 A merchant seaman who moved to UK around 1914-20.

His fathers name was Duke Williams occupation given as a "Railway Collector" on Alberts 1923 Marriage certificate.

On the same certificate he gave his mothers name as Panisone...at least this is how it was spelt by the registra.

However my mother insists that her family name was Pawan. She recalls recieving a newspaper clipping from Trinidad covering either her uncle or cousin a Dr Pawan, a "leading biologist" This would have been either prior or just after the 2nd world war.

She recalls corresponding with family members up untill this period and the addresses she recalls are 222 Long Circular Road. And Mary St, Port of Spain, here she is uncertain of the house number, but believes it was 15 or 16 Mary St.

The Long Circular Rd area has been confirmed by a fellow Trinidadian I once met that knew my grandfathers family back home.

I would be very grateful if someone out there could confirm these addresses for me or offer direction in my research.

Yours

Tahliba
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Almacrew 22 Feb 2005 5:03PM GMT 
peter1rapheev... 2 Feb 2009 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.