Search for content in message boards

Need the Michael PEVY/PEAVY/PEAVEY/PEEVY/PEVEY/etc. Household on 1870 Census Report

Replies: 0

Need the Michael PEVY/PEAVY/PEAVEY/PEEVY/PEVEY/etc. Household on 1870 Census Report

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: PEVY/PEAVY/PEAVEY/PEVEY/PEEVY, JOHNSTON, HADEN/HADIN/HAYDEN/HARDIN.....INGRAM, JORDAN, HOLLEY, ANDREWS--4 Allied Lines
I need census records for Coosa or Elmore in 1870, which I cannot locate on the net. My gr gr grandfather, Michael PEVY (his preferred spelling), is listed in Coosa county, probably then Elmore county, near Central Institute with his second wife and youngest child, Malisso O. PEVY. The name appears in various ways on the different census reports, and was recorded as "Perry" on the 1850 census of Coosa district, Coosa county. I'm told that the wife, whom I know only as "A. W.", is shown in 1870 with the name "Adey", in her late 30's, but I have no additional info on her. Have found no marriage record for them, but it is likely after 1868, presumed date of first wife's (Hetty) death. Michael was born in GA, ca 1800, so he should be about 70 on this record. His death was in FEB 1871. "A. W." is mentioned in his will, but her full name is not given. If anyone would be so kind as to check this census, and/or the marriage records for about 1867-1869, I will be eternally grateful. I'm in TX so I can't do this research for myself. Would appreciate your help so much! Thanks, Janell My e-mail is: jjg6808@earthlink.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.