Search for content in message boards

seeking information on Anna Young wife of Andrew Young died after 1880 census, possibly between 1881 and 1887

Replies: 7

seeking information on Anna Young wife of Andrew Young died after 1880 census, possibly between 1881 and 1887

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: young, roycroft, raycroft, baker, Howe, Seymour
am seeking information on some sort of death record for my paternal grandmother's maternal Grandmother, Anna or annie Young. Maiden name Roycroft. All of the census information that I have found on her indicates that she was born about 1835 in Halifax, nova Socita, canada, and parentss were from Ireland. She is last found in the 1880 census for the town of oakland in alameda county, california, with her husband Andrew young and daughters Anna, emma, and mary (my great grondmother). They are living on Ninth Street in Oakland, Alameda county. Andrew is also listed in Bishops Oakland Directory by himself in 1880, and in the 1881-1882 Directory. I am not sure whether or not this is is because only head of Household's were listed or not, or because his wife is deceased at this time. I did notice two things: (1)Andrew is listed in the same county as widowed in 1900. I know that most of the 1890 Census was destroyed. so I have tried to look through other information. (2) Andrew is listed for the first time in the 1887-1888 Bishops oakland directory, at the same address, with his daughter "Miss annie Young Listed at the same address. I do know that Annie and her husband William Baker are living with Andrew in the 1900 Census, which indicates that Annie young and william baker were married about 1890. the same 1900 census has andrew listed as head of household.

I am therefore thinking that Anna/Annie young (andrews wife died sometime between 1881 and 1887, and his daughter Annie Young subsequently came to live with him, after he was widowed. she then continued to live with him after her marriage.

It appears andrew may have died sometime following the 1900 census, because in 1910 william and Annie Baker are living with their three children in a house. also living with them are Nelson and Mary Jane Howe (Annie's sister and brother in-law/my great=grandparents, and their nine year old daughter Maude (my grandmother, and annie young baker's niece.

I have found no other clues. So any help would be appreciated in finding a death record for my grandma seymour's maternal grandmother.

based ona family heirloom in the possession of one of my paternal uncles, Anna and Andrew were married about 1859 possibly in virginia city, Nevada, where their daughters (Annie, emma, and mary jane) were born, and where he was a miner.

This one has proven confusing for such a long time, and if I could find this record, my paternal aunt and uncles would be so happy to have this information to pass down to their grandchildren. so even the smallest clue would be welcome.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KeithSeymour7... 20 Feb 2011 5:40AM GMT 
a1oilman 27 Mar 2011 4:55AM GMT 
KeithSeymour7... 27 Mar 2011 5:02AM GMT 
a1oilman 27 Mar 2011 8:45PM GMT 
a1oilman 30 Mar 2011 3:43AM GMT 
KeithSeymour7... 30 Mar 2011 4:11AM GMT 
KeithSeymour7... 1 Apr 2011 2:12AM GMT 
a1oilman 1 Apr 2011 3:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.