Search for content in message boards

Napihaa - Hana Coast

Replies: 0

Napihaa - Hana Coast

Posted: 1 May 2008 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Napihaa, Taylor, Andersen
After 5 years or more of trying to track down my Napihaa family history, I have succeeded in finding the connection in the Keanae area of the Hana Coast. My grandfather, William Napihaa and his brother Joe Napihaa and a 1/2 brother John Napihaa Taylor were all born to Lida (also recorded as Luika and Dorcas) Napihaa who died in 1904 at age 35. William and Joe apparently were raised in the family of David W. Napihaa (b. abt 1848, d. 1921 - married 2 times - Hana and then Akawai) up to the late teens or early 1920's. D.W. Napihaa was the Hana Postmaster and "School Policeman" according to records. I don't know if he was my grandfather's grandfather or maybe uncle. My grandfather's father was William Andersen who, according to records, was a plantation luna. It appears that he and my g.grandmother were not married. My grandfather later took his last name. I'm looking for any help making additional connections of my Napihaa ohana to the other Napihaa's from the same area. Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.