Search for content in message boards

Kidd Family in Knox Tennessee that came from Virginia

Replies: 20

Re: Kidd Family in Knox Tennessee that came from Virginia

Posted: 29 Aug 2005 12:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2005 6:46AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Simpson, White
Robert Nelson Kidd JR was the first cousin of Pamelia Kidd. She was the daughter of Robert Nelson Kidd SR - who was the uncle of Robert Nelson Kidd JR. I think the Jr/Sr designation was given by the family as a way of distinguishing the two rather than the usual father/son relationship. The Robert Nelson Kidd Jr. cemetery is just northeast of Lovingston Va on the site of the homestead. Pamelia married Richard Andrew White. Robert Nelson JR had eleven (or so - the number varies) daughters. One of his daughters - Arnetta (Etta) married David Monroe (Toby) White, son of Pamelia and Richard - David and Etta were second cousins. Another daughter, Francis (Mittie) Kidd married Charles William Simpson, the son of an English immigrant. My parents were the grandchildren of David and Etta and Mittie and William - therefore they were second cousins as well. There are several John Kidd's. I can try to trace yours if you have a little more info on him.
There is another interesting "circle" in the family. Charles William Simpson married Mittie Kidd. Mittie's sister Ella Kidd married Henry Spencer, Henry's sister Virginia married Frank Simpson, brother of Charles William. The circle remains "unbroken" in Nelson County!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
norwoodrose17... 22 Mar 2004 8:46PM GMT 
Howard Barker 13 Apr 2004 6:09PM GMT 
Donna Chasen 5 Jan 2005 2:25PM GMT 
Howard Barker 7 Jan 2005 4:51AM GMT 
d chasen 7 Jan 2005 2:26PM GMT 
Brenda Kidd 24 Mar 2005 5:14PM GMT 
mountaingypsy 25 Mar 2005 1:51AM GMT 
BrendaKidd57 29 Aug 2005 2:55PM GMT 
mountaingypsy 29 Aug 2005 6:35PM GMT 
Brenda Kidd 29 Aug 2005 7:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.