Search the Boards

Search Results for "Counsell" - 314 Messages

per page

Family information Posted on: 02 May 1999, by John E. Counsell, Jr.

Surnames > Counsell

Need information on John Henry Counsell born approx. 1850 in England and his son John Edward Counsell born 1875 in Blackburn,Lancashire, England.

Thomas Stoute - James City Co VA Land Grant 1639 Posted on: 20 Dec 1999, by Regena Cogar

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > James City

...greeting etc. whereas etc. Now Know yee that I the said Sir John Harvey Kt. doe w'th the consent of the Counsell of State accordingly give and grannt [sic] unto Thomas Stoute three hundred acres of land situa...

Counsell Connection Posted on: 02 Aug 1999, by Nancy R. Alter

Surnames > Counsell

My grandfather on my mother's side was Robert Counsell Newton, he was born in Stogumber, Somerset England 5/2/1878 -1957) He came over to Virginia with his parents when he was 5. His parents were William Newt...

Counsell Connection Posted on: 01 Dec 1999, by Nancy R. Alter

Surnames > Counsell

Am very interested in your information on Counsell from Somerset and Newton family connection.

John and Thresa Counsell Posted on: 04 Sep 1999, by Nancy Bosley

Surnames > Counsell

Daughter Ellen Counsell, was born January 6, 1847 in Weston, Somerset County, England. They immigrated to Dyarsville, Iowa,USA in the 1860's; Thresa's maiden name was Lynham.They homesteaded to Boone Co. Neb ...

James Markowitz Posted on: 28 Nov 1999, by William Thompson

Surnames > Markowitz

...line. James was my cousin and lived in Encino, Calif. I hope I can be of some help to your family. John Counsell jcounsell@uswest.net

Woodruff's of Niagara Posted on: 15 Nov 1999, by Laurie Woodruff

Surnames > Woodruff

...Woodruff I have the "Twelve Generations" from 1636-1959 of Woodruff Genealogy written by Norris Counsell Woodruff

Elmer Phillipps (arrived 1622 in Ship Southampton) - VA Land Grant 1633 Posted on: 07 Jan 2000, by Regena Cogar

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Unknown

...planters of what condition soever they bee should be laid out and assigned unto them by the [Governers?] Counsell here established Now Know yee that I the said [Sir] John Harvey doe w'th consent and approbaco...

Counsell Family Posted on: 20 Jan 2000, by Nancy R. Alter

Surnames > Counsell

...my Aunt's was named Charlotte. Are you also doing a family history. My Grandfather's mother was Eliza Counsell. Eliza married William Newton and the family at some point around the turn of the century (last o...

Counsells from Somerset Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by Lynette Patrick(nee counsell)

Surnames > Counsell

Hello Charlotte, My Great Grandfather James counsell from Oldmixion, Uphill, came to NZ in 1862 and started our line. James was one of 13 children so there are lots of descendants round Somerset. I have a lar...

Elizabeth 'Betty' Hope Posted on: 21 Feb 2000, by  none122

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Missoula

Elizabeth 'Betty' Hope HAMILTON - Elizabeth "Betty" Hope, 90, of Hamilton, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 17, 2000, at Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital. She was born on April 10, 1909, in Blu...

Penuel SANDS of VIRGINIA Posted on: 03 Apr 2000, by  sarahswisher2...

Surnames > Sands

...1560, shareholder of VA Company; Sir Edwin, b. 1561, founder of Bermuda Co., treas. in 1618 and on "Counsell" of Jamestown Colony; Miles or Michael,b. 1563, was on the "Counsell" of Jamestown Col....

Mabel Leota (Eaton) Rouse Posted on: 12 Apr 2000, by  soffemartin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Palo Alto

...lived in Oregon; Mildred Rouse Vance, Modesto, Cal; Lyle Rouse (decd), lived in Terrill; Myrtle Rouse Counsell, Sibley, IA; Irene Rouse Erikson, Modesto, Cal; Ruth Rouse Weaver, Modesto, CAl. from book calle...

counsells of Blackburn Posted on: 20 May 2000, by charles g. inman

Surnames > Counsell

In response to John E. Counsell, Jr. almost certainly related to the family he is tracing is that of Henry Counsell, b. Lancs. 1818-19, m. in Blackburn July 18, 1840, Phoebe Williams. His first child was a John Henry...

Smotherman Posted on: 10 Jun 2000, by Marilee Counsell

Surnames > Smotherman

...that you are searching for and if I find any info I will email you. Thank you in advance. Marilee Jones Counsell I am new to this so if I have made any mistakes please forgive me.

HENDEN & Related Names: 1550-1750 Kent Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by  w_hendon

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

...HENDEN family of Kent. They resided there c. 1550-1750. Allied families include: BARRETT, BROWNE, CHRICH, COUNSELL, HAWARD, OWEN, SHORTE, STACE, TROPLESS, and TOKE. Please reply to PUG820@Excite.com

Family Research Posted on: 27 Jun 2000, by  bobMcGinnis75

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Lyon

Looking for descendants of James William Counsell and Emma J. Curry who lived in Little Rock, Lyon Co, IA from 1891 to 1919. James William Counsell was born in Biddisham, England in 1857 and married Emma J. Curry, da...

Counsells of Tennessee Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by Marilee Counsell

Surnames > Counsell

I am looking for connection to Clarence Blakemore Counsell, married Sara Harpole and have 4 sons: Billy Joe, Jerry, Jamie, Richard. I was married to Richard and have 3 sons. Trying to do a search for my child...

counsells of blackburn uk Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by katrina wade (nee counsell)

Surnames > Counsell

...my dad is not very good at remembering dates etc. My mum tells us that my grandmothers husband - Mr Counsell left her with the children and went to america. But i have no clue as to dates.

Counsells of Blackburn, Lancs. Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by Charles G. Inman

Surnames > Counsell

In response to Katrina (Counsell) Wade, to tie your family in with that of my wife's we will have to get your line back another generation or two. Your father's birth certificate, giving his parents names sho...

Re: Sarah Ann Arkwright Posted on: 21 Jul 2000, by Peter Arkwright

Surnames > Arkwright

...records of the ancestors of Sarah Ann Arkwright born 14 October 1839 married 11 August 1860 to John Henry Counsell. My records for the ancestors of Sarah go back to John Arkwright born 1545 Sarah Ann is my 5t...

New Bedford Counsells Posted on: 02 Aug 2000, by Charles G. Inman

Surnames > Counsell

My wife's grandfather was John Henry Counsell, b. March 11, 1868. He sailed to Boston from Liberpool in April, 1910 and settled in New Bedford with his younger children: John, Florence, James, Arthur, and Dor...

New Bedford Counsells Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by Charles G. Inman

Surnames > Counsell

Your information of August 2, 2000 was very interesting. My grandfather, John Henry Counsell, was also born in Blackburn August 26, 1840. He sailed from Liverpool to Boston in 1910 and settled in New Bedford....

Sara Ann Arkwright Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by Peter Arkwright

Surnames > Arkwright

We have posted our COUNSELL GEDCOM on Family History's World Tree. It should be on World Tree shortly. Perhaps it my offer some of the information you are seeking. Thanks for your interest and information. K...

George Ballentine - Lower Norfolke Co VA Land Grant 1686 Posted on: 17 Aug 2000, by Regena Cogar

...Know yee That I the said ffrancis Lord Howard Governor &c. doe with the Advise and Consent of the Counsell of State addordingly Give and Grant unto George Ballentine One Hundred and ffifty Acres of Land L...

New Bedford Counsells Posted on: 21 Aug 2000, by Charles Inman

Surnames > Counsell

Based on the 1851 Blackburn Census records, John Henry Counsell, b. Aug. 25, 1840 was a brother of William Counsell, b. Preston, Lancs., March 1, 1847. William was the father of John Henry, my wife's grandfather, who...

New Bedford Counsells Posted on: 23 Aug 2000, by John Counsell

Surnames > Counsell

...new line on my fathers side of the family. It is very interesting that there is a second John Henry Counsell buried in New Bedford. Have you had a chance to review our family tree submittal. If you do I would...

Peter Arundell - Elizabeth City VA Land Grant 1624 Posted on: 02 Sep 2000, by Regena Cogar

...the eighteenth day of November one Thowsand six hundred and eighteene and directed to the Governor and Counsell of State here resident doe with the approbacon and consent of the same Councell who [are] Joyned...

Capt. William Knott - Lower Norfolke Co VA Land Grant 1686 Posted on: 05 Oct 2000, by Regena Cogar

...Baron of Effingham his Majesties Lieut & Governor &c. doe with the Advise and Consent of the Counsell of State accordingly give and grant unto Capt Wm Knott One Thowsand and ffifty acres of Land being...

Looking for relatives and information Posted on: 11 Dec 2000, by  llc1962

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > St > Francois

Looking for information on the following people: John Frank O'Bannon David B. Murphy Martha Sloss Elvira Counsell William Isom O'Bannon (April 15, 1870 - April 16, 1942) Ida May Belle Murphy (Oct. 5, 1877 -...

Looking for relatives Posted on: 11 Dec 2000, by  llc1962

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Madison

Looking for information on the following people: John Frank O'Bannon David B. Murphy Martha Sloss Elvira Counsell William Isom O'Bannon (April 15, 1870 - April 16, 1942) Ida May Belle Murphy (Oct. 5, 1877 -...

Thomas Williams - 1643 - Mockjack Bay, Va. Posted on: 18 Dec 2000, by gracie

Surnames > Williams

...Know yee that I the said Sir William Berkeley Knight &c. doe with the advice and consent of the Counsell of State accordingly give and graunt unto Thomas Williams fower hundred and fiftie acres of land ly...

Asa A. and Richard W. Barnes Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by Dennis Barnes

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Henry

...L., Sarah J., George A., Mary, and Richard F. If anyone descended from Asa A. sons (wives Sarah P. (Counsell) and Mary F. (Lee) has information, please let me know. I know they remained in that area and surro...

Asa A. and Richard W. Barnes Posted on: 22 Jan 2001, by Dennis Barnes

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Henry

...L., Sarah J., George A., Mary, and Richard F. If anyone descended from Asa A. sons (wives Sarah P. (Counsell) and Mary F. (Lee) has information, please let me know. I know they remained in that area and surro...

response to Henry County query Posted on: 23 Jan 2001, by Dennis Barnes

Rily: Thanks for your posting to the Henry County website about tying in my ggg grandfather with being Asa A. Barnes son. Unfortunately, I didn’t understand your response. Could you explain your ...

Barnes family Posted on: 17 Mar 2001, by  SUKEY

...(b. abt. 1842; d. aft. 1880; md. ? - I (as you did) found a marriage record for a marriage to Sarah P. Counsell; however, the descendants of this family say that he married Sarah Poka Clendenin. I have never ...

Parish Register lookup Posted on: 22 Apr 2001, by  KarenShort71

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

I am trying to find the Marriage of WILLIAM COUNSELL and MARY JANE PERRY in Somerset but not having much luck. Have looked throught the GRO but can`t seem to match details. William and Mary were both born in ...

COUNSELL from Somerset Posted on: 30 Jun 2001, by  karen1964

Surnames > Counsell

I am researching the surname Counsell from Blagdon and North Curry in Somerset, England. I have managed to trace them back to about 1760 with William Councel who married Elizabeth Johns in Blagdon Parish Chur...

BAPTISMS Posted on: 05 Jul 2001, by  karen1964

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Glamorgan > General

I am trying to find the Baptisms of the following people in Cardiff . Ivy Mabel Counsell - Born 1898 Elvira Counsell - Born 1904 Leonard George David Counsell - 1908 William Charles Counsell - Born 1912 The Church which was always u...

Re: Joseph and Hannah Posted on: 09 Jul 2001, by  DATidball

Surnames > Tidball

...descrepancy figuring the year 1830 there. Hannahs correct spelling of her last name is confirmed as Counsell her fathers name was William Counsell and I'm still trying to decipher the wifes name and siblings name sin...

SURNAME INFORMATION Posted on: 09 Jul 2001, by  karen1964

...near Caerphilly. My Greatgrandmother was called KEZIA Born 26 Sept 1872 and she married George Henry Counsell on Dec 25 1896 in St John the Baptist. Her father was called David Meyrick Born abt 1845 and he w...

Re: COUNSELL from Somerset Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by Greg

Surnames > Counsell

William Councill b? m? d? l John Counsell b 1811 d 1891 m 1841 to Harriet Hillman l l l l John ---------Annie --------Loui...

WILLIAM SCOTT COUNSELL m. Mary Jane PERRY, 1868, Somerset Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by  karen1964

My Greatgreatgrandfather WILLIAM SCOTT COUNSELL married Mary Jane Perry 1868 J/F/M Quarter in Somerset but the GRO References don`t match. William`s says 5c 516 and Mary`s is 5c 519. Could they have married ...

SURNAME - SCOTT Posted on: 18 Jul 2001, by Karen Short

Trying to locate the parents of AMELIA SCOTT Born around 1825 in Somerset, the 1851 Census details say she was from Seviton. Her father was called Richard Scott but I don`t know about her mother. Has...

Information needed on Cardiff Castle Posted on: 22 Jul 2001, by Karen Short

...1916 - 1927 and lived in the North Lodge before it was blown up during March 1941. There surname was COUNSELL and my Greatgrandfather GEORGE HENRY COUNSELL was a gardner and later a Gate Keeper. He lived in the castl...

Re: Birth & Baptism info Required Posted on: 23 Jul 2001, by Karen Short

Hi Wayne First of all thankyou for the email. I am abit puzzled as to you saying there was no Pontypridd Steet in Cardiff. I have my nans Marriage Certificate in front of me and there definately was o...

Surname MEYRICK Posted on: 31 Jul 2001, by Karen Short

I am trying to find any people with the surname Meyrick in Cardiff especially the Blackweir area from about 1830. I am interested in THOMAS MEYRICK, Blacksmith and his son DAVID MEYRICK (abt 1845) th...

Burial Details Needed: COUNCIL d. 1901, COUNSELL d. 1887, Somerset age 75. Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by Karen Short

...of my greatgrandmothers in Somerset. AMELIA COUNCIL died 1901 Bickenhall, Somerset age 75. MARY JANE COUNSELL died 1887 in Somerset age 38. Any help on these people would be much appreciated. Regards Karen

Re: Burial Details Needed Posted on: 30 Sep 2001, by Karen Short

Hi Sara Thankyou for the email. No I have not come across any Mitchem`s in my family tree at all. I have traced mine back to the early 1700`s and have come across the surnames JOHNS, BRUNT, SCOTT, FIL...

William Scott COUNSELL m. Mary Jane Perry, 1868 Somerset Posted on: 04 Oct 2001, by Karen Short

I have been trying to find the marriage of my Greatgrandparents William Scott Counsell and Mary Jane Perry in Somerset for the last four years. The GRO ref``s I have don`t seem to be of any help at all so th...

per page
© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.