Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Gentles" - 416 Messages

per page

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk/Gentles Posted on: 11 Feb 2006, by Suzi Gentles

Topics > Cemeteries & Tombstones > United Kingdom > Scotland > Tombstone Inscriptions

Dear Kate, I have been lucky enough to have a 'Gentles' in Australia who has answered my curiosity; This is my GrandFather;: Leslie Roy Gentles 1982 aged 77yrs. Father: Lauchlan Gentles 1867/1939 Mother Eleanor Eliza Hay...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk/Gentles Posted on: 09 Feb 2006, by kate brown

Topics > Cemeteries & Tombstones > United Kingdom > Scotland > Tombstone Inscriptions

Sue, I was browsing the list and came across your inquiry abt Gentles. I have a minor connection. James Gentles married my paternal grt grandmother in Falkik or Polmont around 1920 or so. Her name was Mary Love ...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk/Gentles Posted on: 08 Feb 2006, by Sue Gentles

...was McKie!!! I have heritage on my GrandMothers, Sims, but I am stuck on my Grandfather, Leslie Clive Gentles born late 1800's/ early 1900's. ? In Australia. Is there any info out there in regards to &quo...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 06 Feb 2006, by Anne

...a wee bit here, hope you guys don't mind!! According to the British Vital Records, there have been Gentles' births recorded in Stirlingshire from 1679 onwards. (A total of 284 up to 1859) I could only find...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 06 Feb 2006, by Sue Gentles

...sister, Debra] Unfortunately I don't know much further than that! I'd love to learn more in regards to the Gentles, apparently there are not to many in the World God Bless

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 04 Feb 2006, by Susan Gentles

My Mother's married name was Jessie Gentles; married to Leslie Gentles

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 04 Feb 2006, by  robneve1014

Hi Margaret. The parents were John Gentles & Mary Jane Carson. That is all the information I have at this time. Robert Allan

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 04 Feb 2006, by Margaret

Hello Robert, do you know who the parents of Robert Gentles were....The name Robert doesn't appear in this family so far but you never know especially as the families get towards the 1900...they didn't seem ...

Amoruso Posted on: 27 Mar 2001, by Rosa-Maria Gentles

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Lazio > Latina

...would really like to make up a family tree to trace my ancestory. This was done bY Rosa-Maria Vittoria Gentles

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 03 Feb 2006, by  robneve1014

In my family tree I ahve a Robert Gentles who was married to Jessie Wood Neilson on 27 June, 1919. Jessie was the daughter of my grand aunt, Janet Allan who was married to Wm. Wood neilson on 28 March, 1877...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 12 Sep 2005, by Anne

...& Mitchell) This churchyard was surveyed 2.9.1972 and all the stone had inscribed on it was 'John Gentles and Janet Turnbull', then 'Thomas Gentles and Helen Brown'. I'm afraid all the stones in this churchya...

heather hobbis Posted on: 09 Feb 2004, by rgentle

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...I wish that I checked the message boards more often as I only dicovered yesterday the ship that the Gentles arrived on. If I can be of any assistance heres my email adress. rgentle@vtown.com. Rynnette. I

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 13 Sep 2005, by Margaret

Hello Anne do you have MI's after 1855 for Falkirk..... Looking for Mary Gentles nee Rankine died 1859 Falkirk....also looking for her husband John Gentles, on death of Mary it only indicated 'wife of' not widow bu...

Re: Monumental Inscriptions Falkirk Posted on: 12 Sep 2005, by Anne

Hello Margaret, Gentles is a very common name around Falkirk! I'll have a look through the pre-1855 MI burials in the next few days but I thought you might be interested in the following (in the meantime) ...

GENTLE, Lee Henry Posted on: 27 Aug 1999, by  NeilSmith311

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jefferson

Lee Henry GENTLE(S) b. Feb. 14, 1891 in JEFFERSON County, Illinois and d. Sept. 1, 1975 in Porterville, Tulare County, California. Married Florence Hattie Rhoads in 1913.

HUNTER, Robert William Posted on: 27 Aug 1999, by  NeilSmith311

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Jackson

...in Hodge, Jackson County, Louisana and d. Nov. 6, 1937 in Hobbs, Lea, New Mexico). Married Maggie Lee Gentles on Dec. 19, 1932 in Okalona, Clark, Arkansas.

Re: Taylor/Gentles Posted on: 25 Feb 2003, by  dudley2_1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Blue Earth

...seems to be the same family as things are beginning to tie in.....The wife Janet is a sister to Thomas Gentles from Glasgow Scotland. This Thomas is a cousin to the family in New Zealand that we are connecte...

Taylor/Gentles Posted on: 21 Jul 2001, by Margaret Gentles

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Blue Earth

researching Janet Gentles married Robert Taylor. She was a widow in 1888 and her address was :-Janet Taylor, Maple Blue Earth, County Minnesota, USA. Any information of this family in census/death records. M...

Re: James Gentles and Janet Ronald Posted on: 09 Sep 2005, by Martyn Ferguson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

No family connection but a Thomas Gentles was Registrar at Falkirk registering the marriage of my great great grandparents David Ferguson and Margaret Morrison in 1862 and the birth of their 5th child, my gr...

Re: James Gentles and Janet Ronald Posted on: 14 Aug 2005, by Anne

...of the dates correspond. I looked for a John born in 1789 +/- one year and found two - these are: GENTLES, John - only child listed to this couple Gender: Male Birth Date: 17 Mar 1789 Christening Date: ...

Re: James Gentles and Janet Ronald Posted on: 15 Aug 2005, by Margaret

Thanks Lindsay for your reply....my interest in Falkirk re the Gentles is in the time frame of early 1700's through to 1800 but will keep the 1851 census indices that you forwarded for future reference.... M...

Re: James Gentles and Janet Ronald Posted on: 14 Aug 2005, by Lindsay Morrison

Hello Margaret, no connections to Gentles. I am heavily into Falkirk at the moment looking for Wright, Leishman and Morrison. Here are all the Gentles in the 1851 census indices for Falkirk Burgh and Falkirk Landw...

James Gentles and Janet Ronald Posted on: 14 Aug 2005, by Margaret Gentles

...Falkirk....known children John 1789, Jean 1791, James 1795, Thomas 1805. Parents of James maybe John Gentles and Janet Turnbull married 1755...has any one got connections to the Gentles of Falkirk.... Thanks Margar...

Strathblane Posted on: 10 Mar 2000, by  marionrenfrew...

John Graham b Strathblane early 1800 married Janet Paterson 1820's Strathblane. Janet Paterson daughter of James Paterson & Margaret Gentles b Strathblane

John Gentles and Isabella Buchanan in Falkirk Posted on: 03 Jul 2006, by Ron

...that I could find someone that was also researching this family: On 23 September 1711 in Falkirk, Jean Gentles was christened. Her parents were John Gentles and Isabella (or Elizabeth) Buchanan. According to her ...

Grandmothers family Posted on: 22 Jan 2000, by Rochelle Lester

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

My grandmother, Catherine McWalters Gentles was b. in Galston abt 1879. Her parents were Thomas and Elizabeth Hutchison McWalter/McWalters. Would like to hear from anyone on these lines.

Re: Rev. Alfred Caldwell Gentle Posted on: 22 Jun 2002, by  reba_wesson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Clinton

I TOO AM OF THIS LINE Do you have William Gentle's father and mother. Only name for is mother was mary. My line is Elijah Gentle John Milton Gentle, Morgan Stanford Gentle, also do you have the 10 children n...

Re: Rev. Alfred Caldwell Gentle Posted on: 23 Dec 2001, by  NormaAustin58

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Clinton

...Gentle, born in 1807 in Cumberland co. Ky. and Mahala Vaughn, born 1815 died Sept 27, 1858.. Nathaniel Gentles parents were William Gentle and Elizabeth Bow. Elizabeth Bow , parents were Jesse Bow and Rhoda ...

Re: Gentle family in York Co. Posted on: 11 Feb 2002, by Norm Bell

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > York

Eb, None of your GENTLE's are familiar. However, I noticed the reference to Rev. David JENNINGS and wondered if you had information about his background. Specifically, whether any of his siblings might be ...

Re: GENTLES OF JAMAICA Posted on: 14 Nov 2005, by dtdavis

Localities > Caribbean > Jamaica > General

...more recent. In my possession is an autographed copy of Percival Jamaica: His Life and Work by Janet Gentles. She died in the late 1990s in Morant Bay after she left Kingston to take care of her father there...

GENTLES OF JAMAICA Posted on: 18 Sep 2005, by Margaret Gentles

I have William Gentles, Planter married to Amelia ? ? A son Thomas was born 1824 in Jamaica and in 1851 he is living with a James Gentles(uncle)? in Falkirk Scotland. In 1857 he marries Helen Munro. He is 33 and sh...

Gentles Posted on: 24 Aug 2006, by Margaret

I'm searching for descendants of William Gentles and Amelia Bolton.Children Thomas and William... William married Catherine ? and they had one son Alexander Bolton Gentles b 1857 d 1898, he married Jane Eliza ? I ...

Obit: Esther Jewell Adkins Posted on: 23 Apr 2006, by  TheresaRGriff...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Dunklin

Esther Jewell Adkins, the daughter of the late George Thomas and Pearl Anna Gentles McGuirt, was born in Curtis, Ark., on May 12, 1922, and died at her residence in Morehouse, Mo., on July 28, 2002, at the a...

Obit: Mary Bell Brooks 1919-1999 Posted on: 20 Mar 1999, by Jean Monk

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Raleigh

...William Greever Brooks, in 1993; a sister, Minnie Hicks; a daughter, Debra Cook; and two grandsons, Russ Gentles and Frank Adkins. Survivors include two sons, Tom Brooks and his wife, Sharon, of Wolf Pen, an...

Obit: Mary Bell Brooks 1919-1999 Posted on: 20 Mar 1999, by Jean Monk

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Raleigh

...William Greever Brooks, in 1993; a sister, Minnie Hicks; a daughter, Debra Cook; and two grandsons, Russ Gentles and Frank Adkins. Survivors include two sons, Tom Brooks and his wife, Sharon, of Wolf Pen, an...

Re: Thomas Stockton (1822-1896) b. Lincolnshire, m. Hannah GENTLE 1840, removed to USA Posted on: 07 Oct 2005, by  jonser3

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lincolnshire > General

...eldest Stockton boys born in the right years also in Spilsby district. Then in IGI you have two Anne Gentles bap in villages in or near Spilsby district in the right timeframe 1817-1819. Seems to be enoug...

Re: Elizabeth Emma Patton born 1860 Posted on: 27 Sep 2006, by  reba_wesson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Houston

...haven't been able to find. There are a few mistakes in the census no wonder I couldn't find. Stella mae Gentles was a Logan before she married my grandfather Morgan S. gentle, The maragret listed as a Longan...

Obit: Esther Jewell Adkins Posted on: 01 Apr 2006, by  TheresaRGriff...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > New Madrid

Esther Adkins Esther Jewell Adkins, the daughter of the late George Thomas and Pearl Anna Gentles McGuirt, was born in Curtis, Ark., on May 12, 1922, and died at her residence in Morehouse, Mo., on July 28...

Iris Eugenie Gentles, died 1999, age 78 Posted on: 01 Apr 2001, by Laurel O'Donnell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Hampden

...other information to offer. Date: 30-Mar-99 Source: Springfield Union-News Name: Iris Eugenie Gentles Age: 78 Location: Windsor, CT Other Loc: Formerly of Springfield, MA; lived in Springfield f...

Re: Barton family Posted on: 14 Sep 2006, by  ronboatright

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Reynolds

Mr. Gentles name was Gus T. Gentles. He was born in in 1851 in North Carolina. I would like to share information on this family. Please call me at (904) 264-8181. Thank You. Ron Boatright

Re: Barton family Posted on: 12 Jun 2006, by  chrisperfumgi...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Reynolds

...Anne(Annie)-named after her mother, was only 9 yrs. old. Some time later, gr. grandmother married a Mr. Gentles-first name unknown. My grandfather, Richard Elmer Foster, was staying with a member of the Gentles family wh...

need info on family Posted on: 04 Feb 2002, by  PatBlack44

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Poinsett

I am looking for any info on my grandmothers father. His name was Frank Gentles, married Laura Stevens. My g-grandfather was full blood Cheeroke Indian. My grandmother was Lillie Mae Gentles Muse, she had a brother...

Re: Looking for the parents of Marcus Lafayette Dalton Posted on: 05 Dec 2002, by  michaelbackus

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Grainger

...Tennessee). Edley's parents were Meredith Booker Dalton (b:2Nov1818) and Adaline Hazelwood. Vaughtie Gentle's parents were John Samuel Gentle (b:1842 in Tennessee) and Susan E. Hazelwood (b: 1842 in Tenness...

Hutchison Posted on: 24 Feb 2000, by Rochelle Gentles

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

Thanks for your answer. My grandmother's mother was Elizabeth Hutchison mar. Thomas MAcWalters 30 Aug. 1872 Loudoun, Ayr, Scotland. This is all I know about the name of Hutchison as applies to my fami...

Malcolm MCPHIE - Marrion SHAW c. 1800 Posted on: 16 Jan 2002, by  mjfreeman_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Argyll > General

...in Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, Archibald MCPHIE, aged about 27 years, married Janet MCPHIE nee GENTLES, aged about 22 years, daugher of John GENTLES, Labourer, and Mary GENTLES nee GIBB. As neither of Archibald ...

Re: Robertson Family - Rothesay Posted on: 19 Sep 2006, by  rmniven

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Bute > General

Hi, I also have this family in my tree although I am connected through the Gentles side. Fiona, why not write to me and we can compare notes. Thanks, Ron

Robertson Family - Rothesay Posted on: 13 Sep 2000, by Fiona Robertson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Bute > General

...the family and was still in Rothesay as at the 1891 census. John ROBERTSON married Margaret Rankin GENTLES,4 Sept 1853 and moved to Rothesay around 1859. They had at least 10 children, 7 born in Rothesay, i...

family search Posted on: 20 Jan 2001, by  bncreighton23

...moved to Canada with Royal Garrison Artillery; Kate, who stayed on in Scotland and married last name Gentles; and Peggy who went to Australia with her father, Charles, after 1882. Agnes died prior to 1916 (d...

Wm. (1872-1948) & Nancy KILLBREW (1872-1960), bur. AL Posted on: 27 Jan 2002, by  reba_wesson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Weakley

...10/13/1872-7/4/1960 thats all I found at Forest Hill in Birmingham, Al. was wondering if they are related to Gentles or Reiss

Dunoon, Argyll and Melbourne Australia Posted on: 20 Jan 2001, by  bncreighton23

...Nova Scotia, Canada, with Royal Garrison Artillery; Kate, stayed in Scotland and married under the name Gentles (early 1900's); and Peggy, who went to Melbourne with her father, Charles, in 1880's. Charles d...

per page