Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Grethen" - 74 Messages

per page

Shepard Posted on: 17 Aug 1999, by Colleen Boose

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > O'Brien

Shepard. Wm. Carlos ("Bill") Shepard died at his home on south Hersey Avenue Monday morning January 9, 1928. He was living alone, and a friend found him in his bed at about 8:30 o'clock---de...

Gretchen Wilson -1973 Posted on: 06 Nov 2000, by R.Pullin

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Mason

...Home with Fr. Thomas R. Kuhn will read the last rites. Burial will be in Suncrest Cemetery. *(NOTE) Grethen Wilson name at birth was Mary Cornelia Pullin, but she always went by the name Gretchen.

BaiROSSI, Ernest S. Posted on: 19 Mar 2001, by Transcriber

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Washington

...from the University of Milan. He was married to Eride (DeVittorio) BaiRossi. He owned and operated the Grethen Memorial in Troy. He retired to Naples, Florida in 1977. He served in the U. S. Navy during Worl...

ELLIOTT, RITA NELL CARAWAY Posted on: 25 Mar 2004, by  BobbieRoss17

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Hamilton

...Survivors include her children, JoAnne Curb of Hamilton, Donnie Ray Elliott of Arlington, Judy Nell Grethen of Eddy and Mary Jane Underwood of Buckholts; two brothers, Dale Caraway and Wade Caraway, both of ...

Santora/santoro Posted on: 15 Feb 2000, by Stacey

Surnames > Santoro

...before marrying my father. My grandfather's name was Vincent Santora and my grandmother was Virginia Grethen Heath originally from North Carolina. My fathers family, I recently found out is from "Brutes...

Re: PETRY/PETER- BAD DURKHEIM Posted on: 21 Aug 2002, by  kathyshouse1

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Rheinland Pfalz > Rheinland-Pfalz

...1823 to Anna Marie URBAN and Wilhelm Koob. This information was obtained from is a Civil record from Grethen, Pfatz, Bayern. I too thought that their last name was KOLB until I found this record. I do not ...

Family History Posted on: 18 Aug 1999, by  momoften

Surnames > Dorner

...am looking for information on the Doerner Family. Frederic George Doerner was born Nov. 18, 1846 at Grethen, near Durheim, Palalinate, Germany. He was the son of Sebastian and Anne-Marie Doerner. He had a br...

Klatt Obituary, June 3, 2004 Posted on: 14 Nov 2004, by  RMunns7272

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > St > Croix

...Klatt of New Richmond died on Thursday, June 3. Marie was born April 5, 1908, the daughter of Peter Grethen and Marie (Funk) Grethen. She was a 1927 graduate of Turtle Lake High School and a 1930 graduate of St. ...

Re: MANN, Charles Clark INFORMATION THAT COULD HELP Posted on: 05 Jul 2002, by STACY

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Calcasieu

TAKEN FROM LAKE CHARLES AMERICAN PRESS 11-03-1962 PAGE 10 MICROFILM # 521 MRS. G.G. MANN MRS. GRETHEN G. MANN, 81, A LONGTIME RESIDENT OF LAKE CHARLES DIED IN WASHINGTON D.C. ON OCTOBER 24. MRS, MANN, A NA...

Fletcher Parker Eure Posted on: 10 May 1999, by Penny Eure

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Decatur

...James Gay and Virgil Cantley. Honorary pallbearers were Bill Luthe, Joe T. Smith, Harvey Parker, Frank Grethen, O. M. Greens, Olin ...

Reply Posted on: 24 Dec 1999, by  ellenlee99

Surnames > Landis

...young. Ralph married someone else before he married my mom Doris Louise Harris, they had 3 children, Grethen, Steve, Terri. My mom and dad (Ralph) had 5 children. Myself (Ralph's step daughter), Cathy, Arle...

Re: Looking LeRoy Layland Descendants Posted on: 27 May 2002, by  McDtoB

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Nations > Cherokee > Cherokee Freedmen

...was Eliza Kunzler who married Leroy Layland in Bear Lake Idaho on Sept. 5th, 1895. Eliza was born in Grethen, St. Gallen, Switzerland on March 23, 1876/77. One of their daughters was Gladys Martha Layland bo...

Müller Families in Pfalz, Bayern, Germany Posted on: 27 Feb 2003, by  gordona_gerge...

Surnames > Muller

I have possibly three Müller lines in/around Bad Dürkheim/Grethen/Hardenburg/ O'Brigheim/Thal (Kirchthal), Pfalz, Bayern, Germany. Very early 1600's thru early 1800's. I would like Corr. with any...

Wagner family of Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany Posted on: 11 Sep 2000, by  ggergen00

Surnames > Wagner

Looking for the Gottfried Wagner ancestors in Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern. He was born 1759 and died 1827. Married Anna Maria Schwerdt daughter of Johann Bernhard Schwerdt in 1790. Their daughter Apollonia marrie...

Wagners of Germany Posted on: 26 Feb 2003, by  gordona_gerge...

Surnames > Wagner

Am Re: the Gottfried/Jean Wagner Family of Bad Dürkheim/Grethen area of the Pfalz State of Bayern, Germany. His Father was Johann Conrad Wagner and his Mother was Anna Catherina Lingel (1721-1818). Go...

Wagner Family of of Germany Posted on: 16 Oct 2000, by  ggergen00

Surnames > Wagner

GOTTFRIED/JEAN WAGNER b. 1759 probably in Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany md. Anna Maria SCHWERDT in Bad Durkheim(umlot over the u) in 1790. His Mother was Anna Catharina LINGEL and father was Johann Conrad ...

Schwerdt family of Bad Durkheim, Pfalz, Bayern Germany Posted on: 27 Aug 2000, by  ggergen00

Surnames > Schwerdt

...Anna Elisabetha Bad(en)of Albisheim. Their daughter Anna Maria born 1767 married Gottfried Wagner of Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern. Like to ex. material with anyone researching any of these names. Thanks. Gordon

Re: Eunice "Wallace" Powley Posted on: 16 Feb 2004, by Gerald Powley

Surnames > Wallace

Grethen, we are related since my Grandfather is Harold J Powley. Best Regards you may contact me at geraldpowley@yahoo.com

Re: pitsch Posted on: 03 Jul 2006, by  johannahelena

Surnames > Pitsch

I am still looking for the Pitsch family in Michigan. My e-mail is wagonwheels8yahoo.com,

Obit of Margaret Hickey McNally-1932-IA Posted on: 28 May 2001, by  joynt

Surnames > McNally

Emmetsburg Democrat Emmetsburg, Palo Alto, Iowa Thursday, March 12, 1932 Death of First White Child in County Mrs. Patrick McNally, Who Passed Away Near Mallard Thursday. Burial Saturday in Emmetsbur...

James Campbell in NC or SC Posted on: 31 Aug 2000, by  GinaGrandberr...

Topics > Ethnic / Race > African American > General

...Campbell of Fayetteville,NC at some point, he may have married a Margaret in DC who had two children name Grethen Gene (Eugene?). James' mother's name was either Francis or Mary Francis who live in SC near...

Obit: Ralph J. Schnieders of NE>IA (1915-2005) Posted on: 06 Dec 2005, by James Wilson

Surnames > Schnieders

...Catholic Church in Mallard, Iowa Son of John Schnieders and Barbara Bonertz Married Lillian Elizabeth Grethen on 20 Dec 1942 in Miami, Florida as he prepared to leave for the South Pacific on active duty. He...

Hild / Koenig wedding Posted on: 22 Sep 2000, by  SSchwaegerl92...

Surnames > Hild

...Hild, a resident of Wachenheim, married Catherina Koenig, daughter of Philip and Barbara Koenig of St. Grethen in St. George Catholic Church in Wachenheim. On Dec. 27, 1802 Elizabethe was baptised at St. Geo...

Grethen , Arnoldy or Arnoldi Posted on: 26 Sep 2000, by  JoanBeth

Localities > Western Europe > Luxembourg > General

I am looking for Grethen, Arnoldy or Arnoldi. My e-mail is lwelke@iserv.net Joan

Estate "denied"? Posted on: 22 Feb 2007, by  P_Smethurst

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Fresno

...great grandmother is in an archive of the Fresno Weekly Rupublican. It said that "The estate of Grethen Denser was denied." The name should be Gretchen. Can anyone tell me what this means? If I ...

Re: Lucretia C. Shepard Posted on: 06 Sep 2007, by  Colleen_Boose

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > O'Brien

...County, KS buried at Elmwood Cemetery, Beloit, Mitchell County, KS married (date unknown) Hubert Grethen 5. ...

Obit: Rosalinda (Schuller) Grethen of Iowa (1917-2008) Posted on: 25 Jan 2008, by  pbbut

Surnames > Schuller

Rosalinda "Rosie" Grethen, 91 of Mallard died Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at the Emmetsburg Care Center. Services will be held Saturday 10:30 AM at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Mallard, with burial to...

Georgens of Pfalz, Bayern, Germany Posted on: 13 Oct 2000, by  ggergen00

Surnames > Georgens

...c1790 Md. Apollonia Wagner in 1819. She was the Dau. of Gottfried Wagner and Anna Maria Schwerdt of Grethen, near Bad Durkheim. Would like to hear from anyone researching this line. Thanks Gordy ggergen00@ao...

Re: WEBER & HOLTZ from Canach, Luxembourg Posted on: 19 Apr 2008, by  jeanensch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Iowa

...Michel Weber, Arbeiter, (geb. 1.1.1838 in Canach als Sohnvon Nicolas Weber, Taglöhner, und Marie Grethen) heiratete am 13.4.1863 inLenningen Marie Catherine Holtz, geboren am 6.1.1844 in Beyren. In de...

Re: WEBER & HOLTZ from Canach, Luxembourg Posted on: 19 Apr 2008, by  jeanensch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Iowa

...Michel Weber, Arbeiter, (geb. 1.1.1838 in Canach als Sohnvon Nicolas Weber, Taglöhner, und Marie Grethen) heiratete am 13.4.1863 inLenningen Marie Catherine Holtz, geboren am 6.1.1844 in Beyren. In de...

Schloesser famliy in Bad Durkheim, Germany Posted on: 16 Oct 2000, by  ggergen00

Surnames > Schloesser

ANNA MARIA SCHLOESSER b. 1785 in Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany md. Johann Martin Gergens (Georgens) In Bad Durkheim(umlot over the u) in 1810. She died 1819. Ch. were; Johann Peter who md. Regina Walter, A...

Re: Thomes from Luxembourg Posted on: 02 Apr 2008, by  CaroleMuller1...

Surnames > Thome

...Funk who was married and had ? children. Then he married Caterina Thomes and had at least Mary Funk Grethen, Anna Funk Weimeskierch, Peter Funk and another brother. Mary Funk married Peter Grethen and she is the gr...

Ruth WECKWERTH Posted on: 22 Mar 2008, by  WHL44

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Berrien

WECKWERTH, Ruth Of Benton Harbor Age 99 Went to be with her LORD on March 19, 2008 at Country Estates and Inns, Allegan. Ruth was born March 27, 1908 in Bainbridge Twp. The daughter of Gustave and...

Re: John A. SALZER Biography, b. 1823 GER to IL to IA to WI to IL to WI Posted on: 27 Mar 2008, by  CaroleMuller1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > La Crosse

I'm desperately trying to contactyou re: postings on the LUX website concerning the Thomes, Funk, Grethen families. Please contact me at ramuller1@Cox.net

Hettie Brown Edwards Posted on: 13 Aug 2008, by  StefanG1968

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > McDowell

...A daughter Judy Myers Martin preceded her in death. Surviving Mrs. Edwards are five sisters: Gladys Grethen, Helen Curd, Edith Graham, Estella Brown and Faye Wills; two grandchildren, Jason Martin and Angel...

Re: Wilcox Family DNA Testing Posted on: 06 Jul 2008, by  travelbycamel...

Surnames > Wilcox

...decendent of sur name wilcoxson. My grand father was Asi Stearns Wilcox, born in Minn. He married Grethen and moved to Southern California. Had a brother name Frank that moved to San Francisco. Related W...

ELLIOTT, RITA NELL CARAWAY Posted on: 18 Aug 2008, by  Elreeta

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Hamilton

...Survivors include her children, JoAnne Curb of Hamilton, Donnie Ray Elliott of Arlington, Judy Nell Grethen of Eddy and Mary Jane Underwood of Buckholts; two brothers, Dale Caraway and Wade Caraway, both of ...

Putting together a new family tree Posted on: 04 Aug 2008, by  MarilynG921

Surnames > Crowl

...Ohio area. Known children: Hazel, Lois Pauline, Gretchen Elizabeth & Doris Mary. Only Doris and Grethen are still alive. Doris married #1 ????; #2 Robert Suter; #3 Sheldon Colegrove. Any information an...

Obit: Steven Wegener of Iowa (1954-2009) Posted on: 28 Aug 2009, by  wilsonje19

Surnames > Wegener

Steven Ray Wegener was born June 25, 1954 in Algona, Iowa the son of Norman and June (Grethen) Wegener. He was confirmed at Bethel Lutheran Church in Graettinger, Iowa, and he was a 1972 graduate of Graettin...

Re: Jacobus Thome - Nattenheim, Germany Posted on: 19 Sep 2009, by  thomejamesr

Surnames > Thome

...Roman numerals (again above the doorway): MDCCLXXXVI (attachment shows it dimly) Footnotes: 1. Inge Grethen Newen ...

Obit of Patrick McNally - 1923 Posted on: 23 Apr 1999, by  joynt

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Palo Alto

From the Palo Alto Tribune, Wed, July 11, 1923: Pat McNally Laid to Rest Cancer Brings Death to Longtime Resident of County Thursday, July 5 Mr. Patrick McNally died at his home in the Third ward a...

Obit of Margaret Hickey McNally-1932 Posted on: 13 Mar 1999, by  joynt

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Palo Alto

...morning. The Rev. Father Finnegan officiated and celebrated a requiem high mass. The pallbearers were Ralph Grethen, Harold Clennon, Irvin Joynt, Gerald McNally, and Herman and Arnold Doerning, six grandsons...

Re: Bast Canton. OH Posted on: 13 Mar 2010, by  labjt47

Surnames > Bast

I'm not familiar with the Bost name I discover some new information from Don E. William Funeral Home – Canton OH Margaret M. Dailey is Nellie Bast – married to John Aloysius Bast Descendants of Mat...

Re: Bast Canton. OH Posted on: 13 Mar 2010, by  labjt47

Surnames > Bast

I discover some new information from Don E. William Funeral Home – Canton OH Margaret M. Dailey is Nellie Bast – married to John Aloysius Bast Descendants of Matthew Bast Generation No. 1 1. MAT...

TRESCH family Posted on: 09 Feb 1999, by  BFrattaroli

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Trying to find family of Jacob Tresch froom Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern. He was married to Veronica Feurstein either in Germany or the US. Any information is appreciated.

Sebastian Weiss Posted on: 07 Aug 2010, by  SRQLWRFL

Surnames > Weiss

Seeking information re Sebastian Weiss, born Jan 1861, in Grethen, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany. One of six children of Sebastian Weiss and Barbara Spohrer. All siblings emigrated to Brooklyn NY. But no record fou...

Re: The name Greter: the true story Posted on: 30 Dec 2010, by  konniq1

Topics > Name Origins

...Ages. But it can also one origin name of the place names "Grete" (in Lower Saxony) or "Grethen" in Rhineland-Palatinate be. Konni

GRETHEN Galen D - Vietnam Wall section 6E Posted on: 09 May 2012, by  t42Vietnam_Pa...

Surnames > Grethen

GRETHEN Galen D - Vietnam Wall section 6E Honor our Veterans. This is one of many photographs of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Parker Co, TX. Feel free to use this picture for your personal ...

HINGST FAMILY Posted on: 24 Jan 2001, by  bguin1

Surnames > Bryant

...your birthplace. Please confirm your birthplace for me and let me know if you have any information on Grethen, Catherine and David. Looking forward to your reply. Barbara Bryant Guin

William Whitehead / Rhoda Howell KS Posted on: 12 Feb 2001, by B.j Corman

Surnames > Whitehead

...Sisters of William: Lynn (unknown) Samuel of Ks city,ks John of Illinois, Susan of KS. City, KS, and May (Grethen) of Beloit,KS. I have 5 generations of Whiteheads 1865 to date. I looking earlier times, if y...

per page