Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Kohli" - 167 Messages

per page

REAM, Leona May ‘Irene’, died March 21, 2004 Posted on: 19 Oct 2004, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

REAM, Leona May ‘Irene’, died March 21, 2004 REAM, NELSON, LEISTER, McDOWELL, LaTOUR, KOHLI, BOODT, HARGETT, SHEPHERD, CASEMAN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

Re: Passenger lists Posted on: 17 Jan 2006, by Elaine Brown

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > York

...another site that list ships and immigration that is at the University of Waterloo, ON. Marjorie P. Kohli has compiled quite a list of links. http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~marj/genealogy/thevoyage.html

Irish Emigrants to Canada and Vermont Posted on: 27 Jun 2004, by Patty Pickett

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Rutland

First of all, Eilis, would you consider subscribing to the Rutland rootsweb list directly so that we might respond to you directly? These messages from the board are linked to the Rutland co Vermont ...

Re: KOHLI Family Posted on: 27 Jun 2006, by  ReneSaenzTann...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Allen

I am not related, however I have done a lot of family research in Lima OH...I did find a couple of newsclippings in the Lima News about the KOHLI's for you if you are interested. I have attached one f...

Re: KOHLI Family from Lima, Allen Co, OH Posted on: 26 Jun 2006, by  kinselkonnect...

I know and have recorded a lot about Laura Susan KENNY's ancestry pretty far back. Mainly her maternal line. If you would like to share current data on her lineage in exchange for my ancestry of...

KOHLI Family From Lima, Allen, Ohio Posted on: 30 Jan 2000, by  Vcrapo

I have been trying to track down my husbands mothers line, (KOHLI) Any information would be great. My husband is Patrick Walter Johns His mother is Eleanor Evelyn Kohli-born 5 Nov 1924-Lima, OH Her father is Claud...

Moosfang Posted on: 21 Sep 2001, by  crkohli

Localities > Western Europe > Switzerland > Cantons > Bern

Looking for the location of Moosfang. Don't know if it is a village, an area, mountain or what. Maybe the name has been changed since the late 1700's

Kohli-Berkey Posted on: 10 Aug 1999, by Jan Kohli Lynch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Medina

Correction to first inquiry. Christian Kohli was NOT born 1836. Peter Kohli, a son was born on that date. JKL25xmas1@hotmail.com

Christian Kohli-Margaret Berkey Posted on: 10 Aug 1999, by Jan Kohli Lynch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Medina

Searching for parents, grandparents of Christian Kohli born 1836 in Medina Co. Also same for Margaret Berkey, his wife jkl25xmas1@hotmail.com

I'm Swiss and didn't even know it! Posted on: 09 Jan 2005, by  fwclark

...these surnames?:Reller, Christeller, Walker, Minninger, Hutzli, Zwalen, von Sibenthal, Jaggi , Schopfer, Kohli, Uelliger, Linder, Frutschi, Truethart, Graa, and Haldi.

Moosfang Posted on: 05 Feb 2002, by Serge de MULLER

Hi again, Someone just emailed me a map site that shows Moosfang, its about 3km south of Gstaad on the road to Gsteig. See http://www.multimap.com/home.html Chuck Kohli

Holderman family in Elkh.Co. and St.Joseph Co., IN Posted on: 31 Mar 2001, by  JMurnane77

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Elkhart

...b.1836 O. d. before 1881 Christian J. b. 1839 O. m. Lydia M. Mack Elizabeth b.1841 O. d. 1864? m. Samuel Kohli(Cohli) Rachel b.1845 O. m. William Helm Abram b. 1848 O. m. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Moon Mary b. 18...

emigration Posted on: 01 Jun 2005, by lila george

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > East of London Family History Society (EoLFHS)

my family sailed on the SS European, April 19, 1870. I got an e-mail from Marj Kohli, she has just returned from England, she was there looking for records on assisted emigration, she said she would keep ...

Peter Kohli of Ohio Posted on: 31 Mar 2001, by  ADSmith58

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Unknown

I have a Peter Kohli of Putman Co. Ohio whom married a Clara H. Smith. His SSDI says he was born 1885 and died in 1969. He was of Ottawa, Putman, OH. Is this the same person? could he of married twice? as...

Kohli family of Columbus Grove, Ohio Posted on: 07 Aug 1999, by Jan Kohli Lynch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Unknown

Searching for parents and great grandparents of Peter Kohli of Columbus Grove(He married Eliza Jane Featheringill). Also searching for Peter Kohli and Eliza Jane Featheringill's children.

Clair M. Kohli Posted on: 12 Jan 2003, by  44wayne

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

Mr. Clair M. Kohli - 1427 Homecrest, Kalamazoo, Formerly of Bloomingdale, passed away Saturday (Jan 24, 1976) afternoon at Bronson Hospital. Mr. Kohli was born May 2, 1914, in Berlamont, and lived in the Bloom...

Re: John Holderman's children Posted on: 05 May 2003, by  JosephRMurnan...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > McPherson

...Mack b.1844 d. 1938 Elizabeth Holderman b.1841 d. Abt. February 28, 1866 m. September 22, 1864 Samuel Kohli John A. Holderman b.August 23, 1845 d. October 11, 1920 m. June 28, 1866 Nancy E. Helm b. Dece...

Re: Census, 1870 Steuben County, Indiana Posted on: 27 Nov 2001, by  bkohlib

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Steuben

...children could read and write. I hope this helps, if you haven't already got this information. Beth Kohli

Re: Kohli surname Posted on: 04 Oct 2001, by Steve Kohli

Localities > Middle East > General

Jan i was reading the post and you requested about Alma who married a Ralph Kohli There was a Ralph Kohli in Oak Harbor ,Ohio(he has passed on) but hid=s widow isstill alive as far as I know Hope this helps

Kohli surname Posted on: 08 Aug 1999, by Jan Kohli Lynch

My maiden name was Kohli and my ancestors came from Switzerlan, however I am finding that the Kohli surname is also common in India. I would like to find whether the name originated in Switzerland or India. Any...

Re: William & Rachel (Holderman) Helm - d. South Bend, IN Posted on: 20 Dec 2002, by Joseph R. Murnane

Surnames > Helm

...the Kohlas surname as a possible variation of the Helm surname. Although, I have been looking for the Kohli surname in connection with my wife's Rachel Holderman family, but have been unsuccessful in locat...

KENNY from Ohio and Missouri Posted on: 26 Jun 2006, by  kinselkonnect...

Surnames > Kenney

I know and have recorded a lot about Laura Susan KENNY's ancestry pretty far back. Mainly her maternal line. If you would like to share current data on her lineage in exchange for my ancestry of...

Kenney's from Ohio adn Missouri Posted on: 13 Jun 2000, by Valerie Crapo Johns

Surnames > Kenney

I am looking for my husbands great grandmother Laura Susan Kenney who married Harry Albert Kohli

Re: McOwen Family Line - HELP!! Posted on: 21 May 2002, by  cindypoole1

Surnames > McOwen

...to John and Jennie. Only three survive. One is my father, Doyle Edward McOwen, b. 1923, m. Mary Ellen Kohli 1951.

Austins of West virginia Posted on: 16 Apr 2003, by  cherfan43612

Surnames > Austin

...Great grandfathers family. His name was George Austin of Grafton, WV. My grandmother was Genieve Austin Kohli Werner Of Bluffton,Ohio. His other children were Charles( Bud), Margie, King ,Harold,George...

Kohli's from Ohio Posted on: 13 Jun 2000, by Valerie Crapo Johns

Surnames > Kenny

...the same Kenney's or not. My husband Great Grandmother was Laura Susan Kenny who married Harry Albert Kohli. Laura was born 27 Sep 1881

Koehli/Kohli Civil War Enlistment Posted on: 11 May 2000, by Gary Speck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Scott

On Dec 14, 1861, Friedrich KOEHLI/Fredrick KOHLI/Fred KAHLEY went to Davenport, Scott Co., IA and enlisted with Co G, 16th Reg't Iowa Infantry Volunteers. He served three years and was released from servic...

Christian Walker, Switzerland Posted on: 09 Jan 2005, by  fwclark

Surnames > Walker

Searching for info on Christian Walker, b 1500's in Switzerland. His wife was named Elisabeth. They had a daughter, Catharine in 1560. Catharine married Moritz Christeller.

Re: Abbotts in Kansas, Missouri, and Ohio Posted on: 05 Apr 2003, by Mary Kohli

Surnames > Abbott

...in 1975. Please let me know if this could be the same frank Abbott as you are checking. Thanks. Mary Kohli

Kohli family from Bern Switzerland Posted on: 03 Jun 2000, by Jan Kohli Lynch

Localities > Western Europe > Switzerland > General

Looking for information regarding the Kohli family from Bern Switzerland--they may have been tailors in Bern

kOHLI'S IN OHIO Posted on: 13 Jun 2000, by Valerie Crapo Johns

Surnames > Kohli

I am looking for information on my husbands ggreat grandfather Harry Albert Kohli who married Laura Susan Kenney.

Karlens in Boltigen, Bern, Switzerland Posted on: 02 Jul 2000, by Philis Knox

Surnames > Karlen

My Greatgrandfather was Gottlieb Karlen born to David and Katherina (Kohli)Karlen on October 11, 1858. He died in Dallas, TX in 1946. His siblings and their years of birth follow: Susanna katherina/1839; M...

Kohli from Switzerland Posted on: 01 Jul 2000, by Gary Speck

Localities > Western Europe > Switzerland > General

My KOEHLI/KOHLI/KAHLEY family also hails from Bern Switzerland. I know the "O" had umlauts and was sometimes "Anglicized" to either an "O" only or an "OE" combo. Lat...

Kohli's in Ohio Posted on: 09 Jul 2000, by Valerie Crapo Johns

Surnames > Kohli

Jan, The name don't sound familiar, but I am getting a book called Kohli Kinship and I will look for those names. If I run across them I will let you know.. Valerie Crapo Johns

To Valerie Johns Posted on: 10 Jul 2000, by Jan Lynch

Surnames > Kohli

Valerie, Re. the Book , "Kohli Kinship", can you give me author, publisher,etc. , and how do I order this book? Thanks, Jan Kohli Lynch

Kohli surname (Ohio)--origianlly from Bern , Switzerland Posted on: 01 Jul 2000, by Jan Kohli Lynch

Surnames > Kohli

Saw your Kohli posting. I have no information re. your Kohlis, but trying to find infor. re my Kohli lineage. My gg. grandfather is from Columbus Grove, Ohio--his name Peter Featheringill Kohli--he married Eliza Jane Fe...

Kohli surname book Posted on: 22 Jul 2000, by Madeline Preheim

Surnames > Kohli

I would also like to know how to get the book of the Kohli Family that you mention. I just lost a loved one who knew nothing of his ancestry. His father was Charles Kohli.

Ohio Kohli's Posted on: 15 Jul 2000, by Kay Kohli Tigner

Surnames > Kohli

I am a grandaughter of Harry Laura Kohli. My daughter-in-law is just showing me how to search so I can work on the Family Tree. The request for info on the Colunbus Grove Kohli's is also part of our Kohli...

Kohli Kinship Book Posted on: 21 Aug 2000, by  Vcrapo

Surnames > Kohli

Below is an E-Mail address of the womaen that wrote the book "Kohli Kinship: It is a good book. Memcowen22@aol.com Valerie

grandparents Posted on: 22 Aug 2000, by Kay Kohli Tigner

Surnames > Kohli

hi Valeria I hope I spelled your mane right My daughter's is Valera My dad was Gerald Kenney Kohli he was Harry and Laura's son I think you are in my uncle Claude's family there was Claude Dad Don Burl Mar...

Re: Grandparents Posted on: 27 Aug 2000, by  Vcrapo

Surnames > Kohli

...for 1 week and got behind on everything. I think I have it figured out. Your father was Geral Kenny Kohli and your brother is Gerald Paul Kohli. I talked to Geral a couple months ago. He gave me Merlin's phone ...

Re: Steers/Stears from Michigan Posted on: 27 Jul 2003, by  lavinland2020

Surnames > Steers

Hi! I think I may be related to you. I have a William Steers b. 12 Oct 1772 England; m. 15 Dec 1804 at Ft. Detroit to Sarah Dix and d. 8 Sep 1815 (drowned in Lake Erie) enroute to NY for business. ...

Pugh, Issac Newton of Hancock County, Ohio Posted on: 12 Oct 2005, by  Rodger_Halste...

Surnames > Pugh

Born July 24, 1829 in Virginia and married Mary Kohli (his third wife) on Oct 28, 1874. died Oct 9, 1887 in Hancock County, Ohio.

Kohli Posted on: 08 Oct 2000, by  BrendaWatters

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Putnam

I have a great,great, great uncle by the name of Peter Kohli. He was from Col. Grove Putnam County, Ohio

Herman Risner - Bryan, OH Posted on: 04 Aug 2007, by  MIDCNCHBSS

Topics > Obituaries

...was born July 6, 1937, in Canandaigua, Michigan to William and Flossie (West) Risner. He married Linda Kohli on June 16, 1963, in Fayette, Ohio, and she survives. Herman retired from Ferro Thermoplastics ...

Re: Kohli surname Posted on: 18 Mar 2007, by  janlynch10

Very interesting info, thank you. Pls. e/mail me at jkl25xmas1@hotmail.com and we can discuss further. My Kohli's were also from Bern, and settled in Ohio. Thanks, Jan Lynch

Re: Peter Kohli-Eliza Jane Featheringill Posted on: 28 Jun 2007, by  sweetieedie

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Putnam

...will give you a good jumping off point. Here is what I have for Peter in my notes: Father: Christian KOHLI b: 1811 in Bern, Switzerland Mother: Margaret BARKEY b: 14 JAN 1812 in Bucks Co., PA Occup...

Re: Kohli surname Posted on: 19 Feb 2007, by  joannabenson

Hello, My husband recently had a DNA test from DNA Tribes. Surprise India showed up! Kohli is a very common India name. The little research I have done tells me that thousands of Indians migrated to Eur...

Re: Koehli/Kohli Civil War Enlistment Posted on: 02 Mar 2007, by  IshmaelAli

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Scott

Dear Mr. Speck I found your message on the internet. The F. Koehli man you mentioned 7 years ago might or might not be a relative of my grandmother Valerie Nikles from Kallnach, Canton Berne (Switzer...

Re: Kohli surname Posted on: 25 Feb 2007, by  joannabenson

No not anymore. Katherine Kohli is his great great grandmother. Katherine was married to David Karlen whose paternal grandmother is Anna Zabli (west African name). On David Karlen's maternal Kammacher l...

per page