Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Learmonth" - 91 Messages

per page

looking for Learmonth's Posted on: 11 Oct 1998, by Mark Gingerich

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

Looking for info on Mary Elizabeth (Lida)Learmonth b. 1859 somewhere in Michigan. Her father was Gavin Learmonth b. 1827 in Scotland and her mother was Mary Kirk. Known siblings are: Christian/Christie b. 1857, Anna b....

learmonth Posted on: 23 Jan 2000, by Anna Learmonth

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

Alexander Learmonth & Mary Coombes/Coombs migrated to Australia with their 5 children on the "kate" in 1852. Both came from Berwick. Any info re their ancesters in Scotland greatly appreciated. H...

Obit: Opal Learmonth - 1916-2000 Posted on: 31 May 2000, by Karen Monk

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Raleigh

Opal Learmonth FAYETTEVILLE - Opal Learmonth, 84, died Tuesday, May 30, 2000, at Fayette Continuous Care following a long illness. Born March 1, 1916, in Concho, she was the daughter of the late Robert Edward Lee DeQu...

Mrs. Joseph W Stewart, b. 1815 lived in Rio 1880's Posted on: 20 Jul 2004, by  MayorJoe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Columbia

...born June 13, 1844, wife of T. Price, of Springvale; Harley D., born March 30, 1846, married Libbie Learmonth, of Rio; Charlotte M., born April 1, 1848; Stella C., born Feb 8, 1851; Sardius D., born July 20, 1...

deaths Posted on: 12 Feb 2000, by Lorraine Greve

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > General

...Tas(1850) then moved to Victoria. What happened to them? also sister Jane HOLDICK married James Allan LEARMONTH in Tas(1852) and also moved to Victoria, living in the Manor House Hamilton. James died in Melbo...

Learmonth Posted on: 07 Feb 2006, by  williammackay...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > East Lothian > General

Trying to trace Alexander Learmonth who went to Canada in1885/86

Margaret Learmonth & George Graham Posted on: 03 Apr 2004, by  dcar6504

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Fife > General

To Alistair Learmonth, in relation to the above I am a descendent of George & Margaret who came to Australia after they married in 1800's. They went to the Gold Mine in Victoria and had more children I be...

Re: LEARMONTH, LIERMONT Posted on: 02 Jan 2005, by Jerry Baker

Interesting.

LEARMONTH, LIERMONT Posted on: 16 Jun 2002, by  @@liisahobler...

My ancestor was John Learmonth who was a provisioner for the Army in Edinburgh in the early 1800's. I have been told that his Coat of Arms showed a connection to the Learmonths of Ercildoune and Dairsie (XI - ...

Wardrop from Larbert, Scotland mid 1800,s Posted on: 22 Nov 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Wardrop

...Paterson 1881 Jane Campbell 1883 Donal 1885 George 1888 Willemina 1890 Daughter (1) Janet Wardrop nae Learmonth b: 1838 Thornhill d: 1873 Falkirk m: 1864 Larbert Husband: John Learmonth Any info on any of the above W...

Re: Allison - Glasgow, Scotland, 1881 Posted on: 13 Oct 2002, by  duncanmalcolm

Surnames > Allison

Since posting the last message I have discovered Learmonth and two brothers William & James plus a sister Abigail McGregor on the 1881 Census @ 72 Bedford Street, Govan, Glasgow - all unmarried at this tim...

Learmonth Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by  ann_glasson

...to my family from Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. From the IGI Christina Barr Mushet married Andrew Learmonth on 2nd Jun 1865 at Glasgow High Church. Christina's father was William Mushet. I have a transcripti...

George Learmonth Posted on: 12 Jan 2007, by  williammackay...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Orkney > General

Looking for information of the descendants of George Learmonth who came to Orkney in the 1850's as Farm Manager at Westness, Rousay

Alexander Learmonth Posted on: 07 Oct 2007, by  ashkirk

Surnames > Learmonth

Looking for Alexander Learmonth born 1852 East Lothian, Scotland. Mother was Jane/ Jean Taylor and father was Peter Learmonth

adam learmonth Posted on: 05 Oct 2007, by  lisa161171

Surnames > Learmonth

Hi, my name is Lisa Waite I am 35 and from Newcastle upon Tyne. My grandmother was Jessie Pettie Learmonth 1924_2007 and my great-grandfather was Adam Learmonth 1885-1957, I think he could have been born in Portobello ...

Charlene A. Williams Dibble, age 69, daughter of the late Lester and Carolyn Sanfratello Williams. Posted on: 01 Aug 2007, by  Irishlovey_1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Erie

...New Hampshire Housing Authorities. She was preceded in death by two daughters, infant daughter, Lisa Learmonth and Lorie Learmonth who died May 1, 2007. She is survived by her beloved husband, Dennis A. Dibble. Two dau...

Re: Ancestors for Patrick McNeil (any Spelling) Posted on: 06 Aug 2007, by  jeanold19

Surnames > McNeill

Hi all i have is Alice Mcneil Married Daniel McShane 1913 Her father was Andrew he married Marie Learmonth There children were Mary 1877,Margaret1884,Patrick 1879 Andrew 1886 Francie 1888 Somewhere along the ...

Re: George Learmonth Posted on: 15 Apr 2008, by  LouiseSeed42

Hi, My grandfather George Learmonth farmed at Pow in Orkney. His Grandfather was Peter Learmonth son of the George Learmonth, origially from Haddington, who went to Westness as a farm manager.His brother Robert Learmonth was already in ...

learmonth Posted on: 24 Jul 2006, by  jeanold425

Surnames > Learmonth

i am looking for information on marie learmonth she married andrew mcneill possibly in scotland or ireland

Re: George Learmonth Posted on: 04 May 2008, by  robertalexand...

Hi, My grandfather was Robert Learmonth who was the brother.Robert left Houseby and travelled to Balfour Southland New Zealand via the Californian gold rush. He married there and was a Head Master at the local...

Re: George Learmonth Posted on: 16 Apr 2008, by  LouiseSeed42

...style.I tried to send you a word doc earlier but I seem to have lost it. My g-grandfather was also George Learmonth. My Mum was brought up at pow in Orkney (we are now all in the Borders). I have lots of infor...

Another Alexander Learmonth Posted on: 28 Feb 2008, by  melanie_boxal...

Surnames > Learmonth

There seem to have been a lot of them! Alexander Learmonth married Florentia Robertson in Bo'ness (Linlithgow) West Lothian in 1790, but I cannot find his birth anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Alexander Learmonth born about 1765 Posted on: 28 Feb 2008, by  melanie_boxal...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > West Lothian > General

Alexander Learmonth married Florentia Robertson in Bo'ness (Linlithgow) West Lothian in 1790, but I cannot find his birth anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Re: Sharing Info re: SHEARER, WATT & TWATT Posted on: 14 Apr 2008, by  williammackay...

Just came across your post. I am particularly interested in Lizzie Learmonth who is mentioned. Is she the Elizabeth Learmonth born 1861, the daughter of Robert Learmonth and Catherine Angus? If so you will be a distant cousin o...

ancestors of Andrew LEARMONTH and Catherine MARTIN married 1886 Tradeston, Glasgow Posted on: 04 Jun 2008, by  nspacinsky

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

Looking for ancestors of Andrew Learmonth and Catherine Martin married 31 Mar 1886 Tradeston, Glasgow. They went on to have five children Walter 1887; John 1889; Anna Martin: Andrew 1890; Catherine 1894 Appr...

Re: George Learmonth Posted on: 29 Jun 2008, by  KLearmonth

...George pictured at the Estate. I can clear a few points of interest made in the threads.. Sir James Learmonth the surgeon who saved King George IV's legs from circulation problems (and probably amputation)wa...

Re: LEARMONTH Posted on: 01 Mar 2009, by  jeanold425

Hi Derek Thank you very much for this these relate to Alice mcneil she was my grandfathers Daniel McShane,s first wife now this may sound funny this Alice mcNeil would that make her my step grandmoth...

Re: LEARMONTH Posted on: 20 Dec 2008, by  ELLinSpain

Hello you may have but JIC MARIAH LEARMONTH married ANDREW MACK 10th SEP 1875 in Tranent, East Lothian a copy of this should show/confirm each of their parents names is her father Learmonth or McNeil/l? did she...

Re: LEARMONTH Posted on: 21 Dec 2008, by  jeanold425

Hi Thank you yes this her one minute Andrew her husband was McNeil then Changed to Mack or could have been the other way around her father Was John and her mother maria Gormley Andrew and Marie their...

Australian Learmonth - Lermontov Family Surname Reunion Posted on: 05 Feb 2009, by  btwaters_1

Surnames > Learmonth

In 2007 the Russian Lermontovs invited Learmonths from around the world to a Learmonth - Lermontov Family Surname Reunion. The Russians had a Tartan produced and they also published a very limited edition book...

Re: LEARMONTH Posted on: 28 Feb 2009, by  DerekJamieson...

...ANDREW MACK Ag Labourer, Bachelor, age 20 mother MARGARET WALKER m/s MACK [father not named] MARIAH LEARMONTH Ag Labourer, Spinster age 21 father JOHN LEARMONTH Ag Labourer mother MARIAH LEARMONTH m/s GORMLEY" MARIAH die...

LEARMONTH Posted on: 22 Oct 2008, by  jeanold425

Hi I hope some can help me please i trying to locate any information on Maria (Mariah ) Learmonth married Andrew Mack name changed from McNeill married 1875 in Tranant her father was John and her Mother Maria ...

Orkney Learmonths Posted on: 30 May 2009, by  KLearmonth

...isolation of the islands. The spelling of the name varied in the different parishes, until it settled out as Learmonth. I ...

Learmonth William Posted on: 14 Nov 2000, by Eileen Learmonth

William Learmonth born April 23,1886 at Leitholm, Berwick died November 27, 1958 Windsor, Ontario married December 25, 1913 at Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Elsie Griffin born March 3, 1887 at Hulme, Lancashirt (near...

Re: Charles Chandler 1804-1878 South Australia Posted on: 10 Apr 2009, by  vicsymons

Surnames > Chandler

I have the same Charles Chandler arriving in South Australia on the "John Pirie" in 1836. Wife Elizabeth died at sea on the way. Vic Symons

Re: Seeking Parents of Alexander SABISTON born 1798 Posted on: 03 Jan 2010, by  Alan Hejl

...have: Jane Sabiston born: bet. 1799 – 1802, died: 20 Feb 1866, Married: 30 Oct 1827. Married: William Learmonth, born: 1802, died: 4 Mar 1858 Children: William 1828, John 1830, Thomas 1832, Peter 1835, Robert ...

Alexander Learmonth/margaret pringle Posted on: 13 Sep 2009, by  janice01301

Surnames > Learmonth

I am searching for the ancestry of Alexander Learmonth and Margaret Pringle... Alexander died in canada in 1851 and Margaret Pringle in 1846 Quebec canada.. .They where in the edinburgh area before moving to c...

Learmonth/Mushet Posted on: 08 Dec 2000, by  bturner106

Christina Mushet who married Andrew Learmonth at High Church in 1865. later emigrated to Australia to live with their daughter Christina Robertson Learmonth (m George Turner- Bowen, Qld Australia. They lived in Brisban...

Learmonths from Glasgow Posted on: 14 Dec 2000, by  ann_glasson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

I am trying to find a connection to my family of Mushets to Andrew Learmonth who married Christina Barr Mushet on 2nd Jun 1865 at the Glasgow HIgh Church. They had 7 children and lived in Bridgeton. Christina'...

re: Calton photos Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by  ann_glasson

Dear Alex thanks for your reply I had been to the Mitchell library site a while ago and seen some streets my ancestors would have lived in. regards Ann

Re: LEARMONTH Posted on: 27 Mar 2010, by  diane learmon...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

hello there, i think im part of that family tree (please view my tree), i have and alexander and andrew learmonth from the edinbrough area. my tree backdates to 1612 so far. please get in touch. diane. x

Andrew FLEMING from Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland Posted on: 13 Nov 2010, by  SusanJackKile...

Surnames > Fleming

...in Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland on 16 Feb 1805, christened 3 Mar 1805. He married Jean (or Jane) Learmonth on 25 Mar 1842 and had at least eleven children with her, all born in Bathgate. Children include ...

BURKE Olive Posted on: 27 Dec 2000, by KathyLee

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

...24, 2000, of Waterford, in her 86th year; beloved wife of the late Ross Burke; loving mother of Joan Learmonth (Hugh), St. Catharines and Allan (Corrie), RR#1 Wilsonville; dear grandmother of Jeff (Kellie), Je...

LEARMONTH - Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland Posted on: 13 Nov 2010, by  SusanJackKile...

Surnames > Learmonth

My gr-gr-gr grandparents were THOMAS and ELIZABETH LEARMONTH. Thomas w. born approx 1792 and Elizabeth approx 1787, both in West Lothian. Thomas worked as a cotton hand loom weaver and was living in Bathgate...

Probation Station Posted on: 28 Dec 2000, by Lorraine greve

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

Can anyone please explain what the Probation Station was? Or maybe someone would be kind enough to look up the Launceston Advertiser 4.1.1844 for article on Jane Holdich arriving in Hobart and going t...

Re: Brownlie/Rintoul Posted on: 31 Jul 2011, by  rmsparrow

...the link with the Rintouls? I do have some information on the Rintoul side and found records of Ann Learmonth, their marriage and children. What I found interesting is that you mention Harry Rintoul which I ...

Janet Learmonth/Frank Burnet. Monument Pic from Melrose Posted on: 08 Aug 2011, by  clddbd

Surnames > Learmonth

I was at Melrose Abbey, Melrose, Scotland, in July 2011. I took a picture of this monument. I hope someone finds it meaningful to them. Cheryl

Frank Burnet/Janet Learmonth. Monument Pic from Melrose Posted on: 08 Aug 2011, by  clddbd

Surnames > Burnet

I was at Melrose Abbey, Melrose, Scotland, in July 2011. I took a picture of this monument. I hope someone finds it meaningful to them. Cheryl

Learmonth Posted on: 08 Feb 2006, by  WilliamMackay...

Surnames > Learmonth

Trying to trace Alexander Learmonth, born 1852 who came to Canada from Scotland in 1885/86

Re: Learmonth Family Posted on: 11 Jan 2012, by  Weybridge_Res...

Surnames > Learmonth

Hello, Janet Learmonth was my wife's maternal grandmother but I have very little primary evidence. I did recently find this Australian website and I have written to Michelle Winston but have not heard back fr...

per page