Search the Boards

Search Results for "Learmonth" - 87 Messages

per page

learmonth Posted on: 23 Jan 2000, by Anna Learmonth

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

Alexander Learmonth & Mary Coombes/Coombs migrated to Australia with their 5 children on the "kate" in 1852. Both came from Berwick. Any info re their ancesters in Scotland greatly appreciated. H...

deaths Posted on: 12 Feb 2000, by Lorraine Greve

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > General

...Tas(1850) then moved to Victoria. What happened to them? also sister Jane HOLDICK married James Allan LEARMONTH in Tas(1852) and also moved to Victoria, living in the Manor House Hamilton. James died in Melbo...

Learmonth Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by  ann_glasson

...to my family from Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. From the IGI Christina Barr Mushet married Andrew Learmonth on 2nd Jun 1865 at Glasgow High Church. Christina's father was William Mushet. I have a transcripti...

Learmonth William Posted on: 14 Nov 2000, by Eileen Learmonth

William Learmonth born April 23,1886 at Leitholm, Berwick died November 27, 1958 Windsor, Ontario married December 25, 1913 at Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Elsie Griffin born March 3, 1887 at Hulme, Lancashirt (near...

Learmonth/Mushet Posted on: 08 Dec 2000, by  bturner106

Christina Mushet who married Andrew Learmonth at High Church in 1865. later emigrated to Australia to live with their daughter Christina Robertson Learmonth (m George Turner- Bowen, Qld Australia. They lived in Brisban...

Learmonths from Glasgow Posted on: 14 Dec 2000, by  ann_glasson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

I am trying to find a connection to my family of Mushets to Andrew Learmonth who married Christina Barr Mushet on 2nd Jun 1865 at the Glasgow HIgh Church. They had 7 children and lived in Bridgeton. Christina'...

re: Calton photos Posted on: 16 Dec 2000, by  ann_glasson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

Dear Alex thanks for your reply I had been to the Mitchell library site a while ago and seen some streets my ancestors would have lived in. regards Ann

BURKE Olive Posted on: 27 Dec 2000, by KathyLee

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

...24, 2000, of Waterford, in her 86th year; beloved wife of the late Ross Burke; loving mother of Joan Learmonth (Hugh), St. Catharines and Allan (Corrie), RR#1 Wilsonville; dear grandmother of Jeff (Kellie), Je...

Probation Station Posted on: 28 Dec 2000, by Lorraine greve

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

Can anyone please explain what the Probation Station was? Or maybe someone would be kind enough to look up the Launceston Advertiser 4.1.1844 for article on Jane Holdich arriving in Hobart and going t...

Humprey family through Sarah and John Price Posted on: 16 Mar 2001, by julie Hayes

Surnames > Humphrey

...Their daughter was Alma Hibner.( Mary had a brother named Merrit Price Hibner) Alma married William Learmonth . Their child Mytle.. married Peter J. Hayes. Their son Peter J. Hayes is my husbands dad. This Hum...

FINDLAY, Agnes Posted on: 08 Oct 2001, by  mwinston7120

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

I am looking for any information on an AGNES FINDLAY. Agnes married ANDREW LEARMONTH 18 March, 1859 Mid Clader, Midlothian, Scotland. Andrew and Agnes had 7 children:- Margaret Easton 1860, Agnes McLaren 1861...

COCHRANE, Elisabeth Posted on: 08 Oct 2001, by  mwinston7120

Surnames > Cochrane

I am looking for any information on ELISABETH COCHRANE. Elisabeth married JOHN LEARMONTH 25 February, 1831 Lillithgow, Westlothian, Scotland. John and Elisabeth had 6 children:- Janet 1831, Elisabeth 1833, Joh...

Re: Are there any BALD's left in Scotland? Posted on: 04 Jan 2002, by Marge Brown

Surnames > Bald

Happy New Year, it was nice hearing from you. My parents and Grandmother came to America in 1923 from Ormiston, East Lothian, Scotland. What area do you live in? I have been doing research on my famil...

Learmonths in Victoria Posted on: 06 Mar 2002, by  Marie_VanStra...

James Smalley married Emma Caroline Taggart in Victoria approx.1890.Their boys all had Learmonth as a middle name.any info would be appreciated.

Re: Learmonths in Victoria Posted on: 06 Mar 2002, by MARIE

thank you all for your quick replies.most of the information i already had so i'm enjoying the sifting !!!!!!thanks again Marie

Re: Learmonths in Victoria Posted on: 07 Mar 2002, by Eileen

Hi Marie, have you seen the book "Mariposa" A story of the Learmonths of Western Victoria and Mexico, 1834-1930. Author Anita Macdonald,1982. It has a comprehensive history of this family. ...

Learmonth - Scotland & Australia Posted on: 06 Apr 2002, by  mydig

Surnames > Learmonth

A few Learmonth entries feature on the new Hobler Turner Fursdon and Associated Families Website. http://www.geocities.com/mydigbz

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 31 May 2002, by  Helen_Woodman

Surnames > Learmonth

It is possible that there is a connection with James Learmonth born 1783. I h've been working on the Learmonths for a couple of days now and never knew there were so many James Learmonths. Another clue is th...

Ellen Gillespie Posted on: 31 May 2002, by  Helen_Woodman

Surnames > Learmonth

...parents of Ellen Gillespie, born 30 December 1832 in Polmont, Falkirk, Scotland. She married James Learmonth abour 1850 (date unknown) probably in Fakirk, Scotland. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 15 Aug 2002, by  Helen_Woodman

Surnames > Learmonth

Alistair. Thanks for your message re the Goff line. Yes, I would be interested in learning more about the Goffs because I believe that the James Learmont who married Helen Goff on 10 June 1781 in Po...

James Learmonth Posted on: 21 Aug 2002, by Helen

Surnames > Learmonth

...been able to trace my gr grandfather,James Learmonth's, forbears back tthree more generations. James Learmonth, b, 20 Mar 1825, d. l1 June 1902, m. Ellen Gillespie ca 1850 in Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland. Sh...

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 07 Sep 2002, by Helen Woodman

Surnames > Learmonth

I found the following in Burke's Colonial Gentry about a Peter Learmonth who went to Australia. Hope this helps. LEARMONTH OF PRESTONHOLME Learmonth, Peter, Esq. of Prestonholme, Hamilton, Vistoria, Australia, territoria...

Re: James Learmonth. Posted on: 09 Sep 2002, by Helen Woodman

Surnames > Learmonth

Shirley, It certainly is interesting to learn about the Learmonth lines. I had no idea that there is so much history there. I have only been able to go back to my great grandfather, James Learmonth who married Ellen...

Blair family from Authergavin, Perthshire, Scotland 1863 Posted on: 16 Nov 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Blair

Looking for information on the following family. Father: John Blair Mother: Ann McFarlane Married 1863 Authergavin, Perthshire Children Christina McFarlane 1865 Stirling, Stirlingshire John 1867 St...

May Elizabeth Learmonth Posted on: 19 Nov 2002, by Andrew Hull

Surnames > Learmonth

Is there anyone out there who can help? I am trying to track down the above who I believe was born in the early 1870s. She lived in Polmont with her parents and siblings and went to a private school...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 26 Jan 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

...link here? If I manage to find something I would be very pleased to share it with you. Regards Stephen Learmonth, Corryong, Vic, Australia.

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 26 Jan 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

...My GGGGFather, William b 27/02/1801 was born at Muir House, Linlithgow, Scotland. His father was John Learmonth and mother was Janet Robertson from Torphichen, Linlithgow. They were maried at Nether Kinneil, B...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 29 Jan 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

...a new one in Australia. Find below a copy of my line that I think is correct. Hope it fits! Stephen Learmonth b 1963 Father Ian Learmonth b 1924 Mother Irene Cowell b1923 Father William Learmonth b1894 Mother Catherine Gardner ...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 31 Jan 2003, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

Stephen, I have some interesting development for your family, I can supply a further two generations to your tree along with more siblings. Pre 1700 no less. Please contact me direct to enable me to...

Re: James Learmonth Posted on: 02 Feb 2003, by Stephen Learmonth

Surnames > Learmonth

Alistair, Sounds interesting! My email address is learmonth.stephen.m@edumail.vic.gov.au. Looking forward to reading your info. Thanks! Stephen

Edinburgh Learmonths Posted on: 28 Feb 2003, by  Jura2

Surnames > Learmonth

My Father, Thomas Mackenzie Learmonth was born in Edinburgh, Morningside in 1904 (ish). His father was a Green Keeper on various Edinburgh golf courses. They moved to various differen courses in Scotland inc...

Search for information on George Graham and Margaret Learmonth Posted on: 05 Apr 2004, by  dcar6504

Surnames > Learmonth

A young Scot named George Graham born in Falkirk 1825, Son of Margaret Boag and John Graham an engineer. Migrated to New jersey USA, George married Margaret Leamonth in 1854. Twins were born there. F...

George Graham & Margaret Learmonth Posted on: 05 Apr 2004, by  dcar6504

Surnames > Learmonth

A young Scot named George Graham born in Falkirk 1825, Son of Margaret Boag and John Graham an engineer. Migrated to New jersey USA, George married Margaret Leamonth in 1854. Twins were born there. Fa...

Strathendrie Posted on: 02 May 2004, by Dianne

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

...had holdings there, but the only Google or Dogpile reference my search raised is one relating to a Learmonth family . Any chance it was an estate name rather than place?

Airth Old Parish Church Posted on: 11 Aug 2004, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Learmonth

If you wish to have sent digital photos of the Old Parish Church, Airth, Stirlingshire please drop me a line and I will send you on return.

Learmonth Posted on: 02 Nov 2004, by Bonnie Darling

Surnames > Learmonth

I am trying to find Jane Learmonth, her children are Robert and Amanda. The children must be in their 30's I suppose. Last I heard from Jane she was living in Bury St Edmunds. Could anyone help me? Jane used...

Learmonth Family, True Thomas, Mikhail Lermontov Posted on: 02 Jan 2005, by Jerry Baker

Surnames > Learmonth

I am interested in the distant genealogy of the Learmonth and Lermont Families, and the Russian Lermontovs, who are of Scottish descent. I understand that True Thomas (Thomas The Rhymer), of Ercildoune, in Ber...

Re: Paxton's at Berwickshire Posted on: 30 Mar 2005, by Char Granewall

...Alexander Nisbet born May 17th, 1808 in Hutton. Alex immigrated to Canada in 1831 with his wife Isabella Learmonth and baby daughter. My question is would William likely be buried in the church yard in Hutto...

Re: Are there any BALD's left in Scotland? Posted on: 12 Oct 2005, by Marge Brown

Surnames > Bald

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I only have one Janet Ritchie Bald, she was born in Ormiston, East Lothian Scotland. None of the other names rang a bell. Thanks for your inquiry.

Re: Learmonth Posted on: 08 Feb 2006, by William Mackay

Surnames > Learmonth

Not the one - he definitely did not leave Scotland before 1885.

look up learmonth Posted on: 26 Aug 2006, by  jeanold425

Surnames > Learmonth

lookup could some one look up for me please marie learmoth who married andrew mcneil they could have been married around 1890? they had a daughter alice mcneill she married daniel mcshane 1913. she di...

Learmonth family clan Posted on: 31 Mar 1999, by Rod Hodgson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kincardineshire > General

Looking for clan that would be connected to the Learmonth family.

looking for Learmonth's Posted on: 11 Oct 1998, by Mark Gingerich

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

Looking for info on Mary Elizabeth (Lida)Learmonth b. 1859 somewhere in Michigan. Her father was Gavin Learmonth b. 1827 in Scotland and her mother was Mary Kirk. Known siblings are: Christian/Christie b. 1857, Anna b....

Obit: Opal Learmonth - 1916-2000 Posted on: 31 May 2000, by Karen Monk

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Raleigh

Opal Learmonth FAYETTEVILLE - Opal Learmonth, 84, died Tuesday, May 30, 2000, at Fayette Continuous Care following a long illness. Born March 1, 1916, in Concho, she was the daughter of the late Robert Edward Lee DeQu...

Mrs. Joseph W Stewart, b. 1815 lived in Rio 1880's Posted on: 20 Jul 2004, by  MayorJoe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Columbia

...born June 13, 1844, wife of T. Price, of Springvale; Harley D., born March 30, 1846, married Libbie Learmonth, of Rio; Charlotte M., born April 1, 1848; Stella C., born Feb 8, 1851; Sardius D., born July 20, 1...

Learmonth Posted on: 07 Feb 2006, by  williammackay...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > East Lothian > General

Trying to trace Alexander Learmonth who went to Canada in1885/86

LEARMONTH, LIERMONT Posted on: 16 Jun 2002, by  @@liisahobler...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Fife > General

My ancestor was John Learmonth who was a provisioner for the Army in Edinburgh in the early 1800's. I have been told that his Coat of Arms showed a connection to the Learmonths of Ercildoune and Dairsie (XI - ...

Re: LEARMONTH, LIERMONT Posted on: 02 Jan 2005, by Jerry Baker

Interesting.

Margaret Learmonth & George Graham Posted on: 03 Apr 2004, by  dcar6504

To Alistair Learmonth, in relation to the above I am a descendent of George & Margaret who came to Australia after they married in 1800's. They went to the Gold Mine in Victoria and had more children I be...

Wardrop from Larbert, Scotland mid 1800,s Posted on: 22 Nov 2002, by  AlistairL|MA5...

Surnames > Wardrop

...Paterson 1881 Jane Campbell 1883 Donal 1885 George 1888 Willemina 1890 Daughter (1) Janet Wardrop nae Learmonth b: 1838 Thornhill d: 1873 Falkirk m: 1864 Larbert Husband: John Learmonth Any info on any of the above W...

per page
© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.