Search the Boards

Search Results for "Motto" - 653 Messages

per page

MOTTO,ANNE',MEYER Posted on: 08 May 1998, by Loretta Anne'

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Warren

Looking for information about Peter MOTTO and his wife Catherine MEYER. They lived in Warren, PA at the turn of the century 1890-1910. Their daughter Sarah married William ANNE' in 1900.

Researching Posted on: 09 Dec 1998, by Robert Motto

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Greene

Research all families with the surnames listed above that resided in Greene County, Indiana from 1850 to the present.

MOTTO, Mrs. Martin Posted on: 07 Oct 1998, by  Dalice

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

Hazleton Plain Speaker, August 22, 1930 Mrs. Martin Motto, of St. Clair, who has been receiving medical treatment at the State Hospital for toxic goitre for the past six months, died at the State Hospital...

PANE Posted on: 07 Jun 1998, by  LadyMermayd

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

...as do the following children: Phillip, Michael, Nicholas, Anthony, Mrs. Walter Yasinski, Mrs. Joseph Motto, Elizabeth, all of Hazleton, Mrs. August DeFrank, Mrs. Anthony Chirico, Mrs. Louis Allsopp, Mrs. P...

PANE, DE JOSEPH Posted on: 07 Jun 1998, by  LadyMermayd

...Nicholas Pane, owners of Pane Produce Co., in this city; Michael Pane, Mrs. Walter Yasensky, Mrs. Joseph Motto, and Elizabeth Pane, all of this city; Mrs. August DeFrank, of Drums; Mrs. John DaGrossa, of C...

tulloh family and reply Posted on: 15 Mar 1999, by ptulloh

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ross & Cromarty > General

...1400)wit births,death's,marriage's and also the start of The Tulloh's Lineage and of the family's crest and motto. Peter Tulloh

Clan-Kerr Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by  @@robertak@ca...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Buchanan

...Clan-Kerr webpage of which Joanne is the webmistress - dougbridge@hotmail.com. I love the Clan-Kerr motto "Late but in earnest". Take care Roberta

PANE, Nicholas L. Posted on: 07 Jan 1999, by  Dalice

...August (Clara) DeFrank, Mrs. John (Louise) DeGross, Mrs.Louis (Matilda) Alsopp, Mrs. Joseph (Marie) Motto, and Anthony Pane, all of this city. The funeral will be held Thursday at 9 am from the Moran Funer...

MOTTO, Nick Posted on: 23 Jan 1999, by  Dalice

Hazleon Standard-Speaker, Mon. Aug. 26, 1963 Nicholas Motto, rear 643 Hayes street, died at 1:15 am Sunday, at the Veteans Hospital, Wilkes-Barre, after being ill one year. Born in this city, he was a son...

SANTANGELO, Domenic Sr. Posted on: 05 Feb 1999, by  Dalice

...Hazleton Spouse - Rose Orlando, surviving, married 52 years Father - Daniel Santangelo Mother - Theresa Motto Undertaker - Moran, Hazleton Place of burial - Our Lady of Grace, Hazleton Occupation - sportsw...

Hatch Family Name Posted on: 26 May 1999, by Moylen MaryOwen (Hatch) Heslop

Surnames > Hatch

Genealogy & History of The Hatch Family. Descendants of Thomas & Grace Hatch of Dorchester, Yarmouth & Barnstable Massachusetts. Introduction, Achievement of Arms. Part I Thru VIII (Pages...

Motto family Posted on: 07 May 1999, by  utahjazz

Surnames > Motto

Am looking for the Joseph Motto family believed to have come from Czechoslovakia. They are believed to have settled in the Rock Springs Wyoming area, if you have any information on this I would be grateful...

Bernard Augusto Posted on: 23 May 1999, by Dan Girdner

Surnames > Augusto

...Peggy; also sons Joe, Frank & Tony. Died fairly young, about 1904 - 07. Wife believed to be Isabelle Motto or Matto. Also would like any information on the other family members. Daughter Mary was my gr...

Surnames: Perrella, Motto, Catalanello Posted on: 14 Nov 1999, by Carol

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

Searching for relatives of PERRELLA from Bojano,Molise; MOTTO from Laurenzana,Basilicata; and CATALANELLO from Sambuca de Sicilia

Molise and Angelina Motto Perrella Posted on: 14 Nov 1999, by Carol

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

...March 31,1876 son of Federico Perrella and Cristina Del Buono Perrella from Bojano, Molise and Angelina Motto Perrella born October 16,1881 daughter of Rocco Motto and Rosa Ungaro Motto of Laurenzana, Basilicata

James Elliot BLACK Posted on: 11 Nov 1999, by  David7557

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Brazoria

...James Black. Ol' James wus born 1798 an buried in West Columbia cemetary. On his tomb it sez "HIS MOTTO THRO LIFE WAS TO ATTEND TO HIS OWN BUSINESS & TO LET OTHER PEOPLE'S ALONE." James wasa ...

Benjamin Bach Posted on: 19 Dec 1999, by Diane Drogich

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Greene

Benjamin Bach The subject of this biographical review is a native of Frauenburg, Kurland, Russia, born on the 12th of October, 1876. He remained in his native country until twenty years old, being ed...

More Budge Coat of Arms, Crest, Motto info Posted on: 30 Nov 1999, by Ed Budge

Surnames > Budge

...Budge of Toftingall, Caithness) Arms: Azure Lion Passant Argent Crest: A Hand holding a Dagger proper Motto: Stricta Parata Neci (I am prepared to destroy all that is evil)

Origin of Erwin Posted on: 11 Oct 1999, by Alex D. Erwin, III

Surnames > Erwin

...Drum family crest or coat-of-arms consists of 3 bunches of holly on a white background with the latin motto Sub Sole - Sub Umbra - Virens (loosley translated "Under Sun or Moon, Always Fluorishes). do...

Rutherford from Scotland Posted on: 10 Dec 1999, by Miss. Terrell S. Rutherford

Surnames > Rutherford

...recall from the research is that we served under King Ruth and we lived in the highlands. Our crest motto was "Neither by chance , nor fate." Currently my oldest living relative is John T. ruther...

Scalzo Posted on: 16 Jul 1999, by David F. Mariani

Surnames > Scalzo

...son Francesco (Nicastro Italy)Dorotea married Pietro Paolo Pantano of Martirano It., they resided in Motto Santa Lucia(1888)a cousin named Anina Anzalone was from Nicastro It.

McElligott/Elliget Posted on: 29 Nov 1999, by Bill Brauker

Surnames > McElligott

I have had problems tracing back to Ireland. My family name was ELLIGET. I have them back to 1845 in Canada, but don't know when they came from Ireland. I know that they come from the Kerry County McE...

Ramon Motto Posted on: 07 Jan 2000, by Lee Owens

Surnames > Motto

I am looking for Ramon or Ray Motto. He lived in Arkansas in the 1950's. I'm not sure of his age, maybe in the 70's. I believe he was born in Mexico. He has a son living in Cleveland, Ohio who is looking f...

Hays/Clan Hay, Scottish Posted on: 14 Jan 2000, by Ward Hays

Surnames > Hays

...Constable of Scotland, second only to the Royal Family. Sir De La Hay was appointed this title by Bruce. Our motto on our family badge is "SERVA JUGUM". Just do a word search for for Clan Hay or ...

Eureka! Alexander Grainger Posted on: 26 Jan 2000, by Roger Bennett Castle

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > San Luis Obispo

...Jan 24, 1939. No age given. Hope this helps. Good Hunting, Roger * Eureka! is the California state motto. Latin, it means “I have found it!”

Ledbetter Coat of Arms Posted on: 01 Feb 2000, by Richard Crotwell

Surnames > Ledbetter

Interesting that a Turner is looking for Ledbetter Arms. My Stanly Co. NC. Ledbetters had connections to Turners there. I don't know where a colored copy is available. My research shows the following...

Ryerson Posted on: 06 Feb 2000, by Teressa

Surnames > Ryerson

...05701 USA other books The Ryerson Genealogy 1916 American Family of historical Lineage v.2p.674 Ryerson Motto: Voor God en Vaterland Hope this helped

Sorry Ken Posted on: 10 Apr 2000, by Garry McCaw (N.Ireland)

Surnames > McCaw

...the sinister a crescent, all d`or. CREST:On a mount vert a cock proper in the bill a cross calvary. MOTTO:IN CRUCE SALUS (SALVATION FROM THE CROSS) A scottish name settled originally in Cavan, now mainl...

Wood Surname History and Family tree 1532 Posted on: 24 Apr 2000, by Peter Wood

Surnames > Wood

...at:http://web.ukonline.co.uk/footstepsofwood/index.html I have the Coat of Arms of the Wood of Largo Motto :"TUTUS-IN-UNDIS" I would like other coat of Arms of Wood families in Great Britain: W...

Lost Coxon's Posted on: 12 May 2000, by Greg Coxon

Surnames > Coxon

...certainly get around, though there seems to be very few of us here in Canada. Anyway, remember the Coxon motto NIL DESPERANDUM, we are an interesting, different and I believe a unique family (if your a Cox...

Ivie coat of arms Posted on: 04 Jun 2000, by Patricia Ivie James

Surnames > Ivie

...I am told the coat of arms for Ivie is a lion rampant. Crest is a demi-lion supporting a staff. Ivie motto: "Esse Quam Videri" To be rather than to appear". We have traced our roots to Thoma...

WORMALD - WHAT'S IN A NAME Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by Don Wormald (Australia)

Surnames > Wormald

...-making it a very ancient surname indeed. The Wormald family crest is a very colourful affair bearing the motto 'Noli me tangere' - touch me not. Also the medical name for a rather nasty ulcer. My grandf...

Too many Dons! Posted on: 09 Jun 2000, by Don Wormald (Aus)

Surnames > Wormald

Hi Connie, Gee you're quick. I'm only a novice to these contraptions (PC's) and I only discovered this site a couple of nights ago. I'd previously made contact with another couple of Wormalds in the S...

Isherwood Coat of Arms Posted on: 21 Jul 2000, by Christopher Isherwood

Surnames > Isherwood

...name at the bottom in the scroll as ISHERWOOD - one I LOST which I inherited from my father had a LATIN MOTTO, which I think is correct. Is it possible that you could Email YOUR version or our Coat of Arm...

Family Latin Motto Posted on: 03 Aug 2000, by Douglas Skingle

Localities > Oceania > Australia > General

Does anyone know what this Latin motto Means in English "ODINIS ET SONIS" Many thanks Douglas Skingle Email rileyace@ntlworld.com

Our Surname Posted on: 16 Aug 2000, by Noel Harmsworth

Surnames > Harmsworth

...first Harmsworth to travel to Malta. I also know how to get a copy of our coat of arms and that the motto reads Manus haec inimica tyrannis.

Nairn family Posted on: 21 Aug 2000, by Richard Nairn

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Nairnshire > General

...the Nairn family and not the MacNairns. The crest is 3cats and a thistle with 2 swords and the latin motto is "Touch not the cat( cat means Nairn clan) but with a glove". My family left Scotland ...

Family Posted on: 24 Aug 2000, by  RN26013

Michael MOTTO married Marie DePAOLO (dates unknown) Their children: Antoinette MOTTO m. Anthony PLESH; b. 21 Jan 1920;d. 13 Jan 2000 Florence MOTTO m. Israel FRITZ Joseph MOTTO Nicholas MOTTO d. 25 Aug 1963 Veterans Hosp, ...

Jenkins origin Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by  AngelaLynch25

Surnames > Jenkins

...among the first to be est.in the U.S.On the "Truelove" Sept 1635 was an Elizabeth Jenkins.Motto of the family arms: Perge sed caute (Go on, but cautiously). Hope this helps.

de jeanne Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by frank millard

Surnames > Jayne

...lion rampart, azure between three escallops, gules. Crest, out of ducal crown, escallop shell, gules. Motto: Ex Virtute Bonos There is no established line of ancestry between Guido de Jeanne in 1154 and ...

Surnames > Jayne

...lion rampart, azure between three escallops, gules. Crest, out of ducal crown, escallop shell, gules. Motto: Ex Virtute Bonos There is no established line of ancestry between Guido de Jeanne in 1154 and ...

Surnames > Jayne

Surnames > Jayne

dejeanne Posted on: 28 Aug 2000, by frank millard

Surnames > Jayne

Simpson origins Posted on: 31 Aug 2000, by Dennis Simpson

Surnames > Simpson

Simpson, also spelled Simson, as well as its variant's Sim, Simes and Simms are of baptismal origin, meaning "the son of Simon" from the nickname Sim. At the turn of the thirteenth century o...

Looking to communicate with Any Motto Family member in South Philadelphia Posted on: 02 Sep 2000, by Marilyn

Surnames > Motto

I am a former member of the Motto family in South Philadelphia. My Father was Frank Motto and mother was Elizabeth Motto. My grandmother was Catherine Motto and My grandfther was Vincent. They Had 10 Children. The last o...

Dunphy prior to Anglicization DUNPHY website Posted on: 03 Sep 2000, by Peter Dunfey

Surnames > Dunphy

...Census of 1659 as one of the principal Irish names in the barony of Iverk in Co. Kilkenny. The Dunphy motto translated to English is "Generous valor fears nothing". Rod O'Donoghue has prepared a...

SERANY-COPENHAVER, marriage 1935 Posted on: 08 Sep 2000, by  Dalice

...Mariano, the maid of honor, wore white with pink accessories and carried astors and baby breath. Joseph Motto was best man. The groom, a son of Mr. an Mrs. Joseph Serany, of 35 East First street, was gradu...

neill family Posted on: 11 Sep 2000, by beverley mills (nee neill)

Surnames > Neill

...back to a robert neill who fought for robert the bruce, a Scot. we have a family crest and a tartan. Motto=Sapit qui reputat. wise is he who thinks. i can be contacted at 0027-11-7043212. Johannesburg, sou...

Coat of Arms Posted on: 13 Sep 2000, by Jason MacDonald

Surnames > Woodbury

Arms - Three hooded lions rampant Crest - a snake encircled around five arrows Motto - Vera Sequor - Faith I Follow This help?

per page
© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.