Search the Boards

Search Results for "Nunney" - 158 Messages

per page

Prater Family Posted on: 15 Jan 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...Prater / Prather family web site and you will see photo's that I took of the old Prater Family Castle (Nunney Castle) when I was living in the old family manor of Nunney, Somerset, England back in the mid 1980's...

Basil Prather1785-1874 Son of Thomas Prather Posted on: 09 Feb 2000, by Eddy L. David

Surnames > Prather

...Prather's children, spouses, and others if interested. Also have info. of family from Weltshire, England and Nunney Castle in Somersetshire, England near Frome, also connects to pictures where Basil is buri...

Re: George Prater & Sylvania (Hale) Prater Posted on: 03 Sep 2002, by  ann_prater

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Magoffin

... I've got the rest of the Prater line off of Rootsweb & dating back to the 1400's to Nunney Castle & Williamus Prater in England. If you have any thing further back, let me know.

Nunney Castle Posted on: 26 Aug 1999, by  mrmunn

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Magoffin

I believe the castle you are referring to is Nunney Castle. It is located in the place you described. I have just returned from a trip to the British Isles, and I visited this castle. It is in ruins now. Bu...

Re: Fussell Posted on: 03 Nov 2003, by  NCFussell

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Hampshire > General

...Michael] in the Mendip Hills of Somerset. They are likely part of the Fussell Ironmakers of Mells, Nunney, Chantry, etal. My particular ancestors moved to Bishops Waltham and Owslebury and Wincester in Ha...

melarvie Posted on: 17 Apr 2004, by Janet Brechin

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > General

trying to find information on a Margaret Melarvie,i found in 1881 census ,occupied in Nunney,Bartestree Convent,Hereford,England, aged 46 years,birth place NK,Ireland,Hoping someone may be able to help with...

Re: JELLY surname in England Posted on: 05 Jan 2005, by  SidneyMilton3...

Surnames > Jelly

...given birth to my Grandfather Edwin Percy Silk. Sarah was the daughter of Samuel Jelly and Ann Hilier of Nunney, Somerset.

Our Family Posted on: 08 Apr 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...taken to another web site with a LOT of info. photo's that I took of the old Prater family castle (Nunney Castle)when I was living at the old manor back in the mid -1970's and mid 1980's. ENJOY! Gary Bent...

Prather Posted on: 08 Apr 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...(martin.prather) "Click" on it and you will see photo's of the Prater (Prather) Family Castle (Nunney Castle) that I took when I was living in Nunney Manor back in the early 1970's and mid 1980's. Enjo...

Anyone related too ? Posted on: 28 Apr 2000, by victoria house

Surnames > Bowley

...Henry Bowley (b.1821), Caroline Bowley (b.1823) or Matilda Bowley (b.1825) married William Sweet from Nunney near Frome in 1845. William has siter called Emma Sweet. All Bolwy births at Westonbirt, near Tet...

Sutton brothers married Parsons sisters Posted on: 27 Aug 2003, by Nigel Teale

Surnames > Sutton Charles Sutton m Sarah Jane Parsons 20/10/1870. Both weddings conducted at All Saints Church, Nunney,near Frome Somerset UK. Fathers shown as Henry Sutton & William Parsons Both families emmi...

Re: Walter Prather and George Riley Prather Posted on: 12 Nov 2006, by Maureen

Surnames > Prather

...interesting and can be traced back to English nobility. There is even a modest, partially ruined castle in Nunney, England, that once belonged to the Prater/Prather family. However, the family line is qui...

Re: Nunney Castle, Hiscocks, Delamere Posted on: 12 Nov 2006, by Maureen

Surnames > Prather

...Yscithoer (the Prince of Powys, Wales) . The Delamare name is still known today in England, although Castle Nunney is in ruins. You can find photos of it on line through Google. Norman De la Mere (uncorr...

Sweet family of Nenney and Westonbirt. Posted on: 28 Apr 2000, by victoria house

Surnames > Sweet

I'm looking for anyone connected to the following family. William Sweet from Nunney, Near Frome, England. His wife Matilda (nee Bowley) (born 1825) at Westonbirt. William's sister Emma Sweet also from Nunney - l...

Whitchurch's in your Bible Posted on: 14 May 2000, by Ellwood F. Whitchurch

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

...father, William Whitchurch (1643-1719) , who was High Sherriff of Somerset, 1690 and Lord of the Manor of Nunney Thank you very much...

Harriett Parsons md. John Sutton-Sarah J. Parsons md. Charles Sutton Posted on: 27 Aug 2003, by Nigel Teale

Surnames > Parsons

...sister Sarah Jane Parsons m Charles Sutton 20/10/1870 Both weddings conducted at All Saints Church, Nunney, near Frome Somerset UK. Father shown as William Parsons Both families emigrated to Pennsylvania...

Re: general - U.K. Barnden Posted on: 13 Jun 2004, by  nagawoman

Surnames > Barnden

...Snook. Information found on her is that she was born 1830 in Portsmouth and that James Snook was born in Nunney, Somerset. They were married in Alverstoke 1851. At time of wedding, her father is listed as ...

Harry Melvin Prator Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prator bottom of page and "click" on Icon (Prather / Prater Home Page) go down to the Icon of Nunney Castle and "click" on it and take a look at the slide show..... I found Nunney back in the earl...

RUSSELL, Samuel (B 1814) Somerset, England Posted on: 18 Jul 2005, by  kerm6

Surnames > Russell

Hi I am looking for the parents of Samuel Russel. He was born abt 1814 in Nunney, Somerset. In 1861 he married Martha (B abt 1820). They had 5 children. Were living in Nunney. Regards Louise

Praters / Prathers Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater and you will se an Icon to the family home pages. When there "click" on this Icon of Nunney Castle and take a look. I have been researching/collecting data on the family for over 30-35 years....

Edgells and Prattons in Somerset Posted on: 03 Oct 1998, by Ron Perry

A William Pratten married an Ann Edgell at Nunney SOM on 16.6.1767 after banns and they had four children two of which have been traced to present day. Where did Ann and William come from as they are shown ...

William Pratten m. Ann Edgell, Nunney, Somerset.1767 Posted on: 21 Sep 1998, by Ronald Perry

William Pratten and Ann Edgell married at Nunney,SOM 16.6.1767 after banns had been read. They are shown as 'sojourners' in PRs. Where did they come from and who were their parents? They stayed at Nunney to have ...

Prater Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

Hi Cuz, Your Alston (Austin) Prater was the son of Phillip John Prater II. Cynitha Eoff Grandson of Phillip John Prater I. Susannah Hubbard (my 4th Grt. Grandparents) My 3rd. Grt. Grd.father was br...

Benton Prather Posted on: 30 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prather

...Home Page) in blue. "Click" on it. Then scholl down and you will see another ICON (a photo of Nunney Castle) "click&...

Re: Fussell in Dunkerton, Somerset. Posted on: 12 Jan 2006, by  mumof3uk

Surnames > Fussell

...boards, We are connected. John Fussell b.1833/4 married an Elizabeth COOPER b.1833, baptised 11/08/1833 Nunney, Somerset. I have more information if you like.. Hazel.

Nunney Posted on: 10 Jun 2000, by Nunney

Surnames > Nunney

This family originates from the Cotswolds area of England. My grandfather, George Nunney, was one of 11 siblings.I'm trying to trace them - there dont seem to be many out there!He was born around 1880.

Lillie Nunney Posted on: 31 Jul 2000, by Pat Shriver

Surnames > Nunney

My paternal grandmother was a Nunney. Her parents were Alfred Nunney and Mary Hale. She was born 7/30/1895 in Mystic, IA (Appanoose Co.) She married my grandfather, Roy Shriver, on 1/28/1917. I know that she had ...

Addendum Posted on: 28 Nov 2000, by Pat Shriver

Surnames > Nunney know that my ggrandmother's maiden name was Mary Sophia Hail. My ggrandfather was Alfred George Nunney (b.1869 d.1954) Their children were: Esther, Lillie, Raymond and Phyllis (twins), Andrew and Arthur...

Re: Lillie Nunney Posted on: 15 Sep 2004, by  jakenunnney

Surnames > Nunney

Hi I am a Nunney and have quite abit of family history going back to 1529. If I can help you please contact me at my email address. Thanks John

Re: Leslie Nunney Posted on: 03 Mar 2005, by Geoff Nunney

Surnames > Nunney

We are quite literally a branch of the Nunney family, here in the 2nd City. My dad is from Stourport. Would love to do some research, but just don't get the time. Have posted the immediate tree today. My g...

Re: Nunney Posted on: 24 Sep 2002, by  Jakenunney

Surnames > Nunney WW1. My Father passed away in 1961. Any imformation on the Nunney's would be appreciated John Nunney

Re: Nunney Posted on: 26 Aug 2004, by John Nunney

Surnames > Nunney

I have quite a bit of info on the Nunney's.Have a picture of a George Nunney's grave stone B1811 D 1877 in Burford UK

Re: Nunney Posted on: 15 Sep 2004, by  jakenunnney

Surnames > Nunney

Hi I am a Nunney and have alot of info on the family history going back to 1529. There is a George Nunney born 1777. If I can help please send message.

USA Connections Posted on: 29 Nov 2002, by  rcp87

Surnames > Nunney

I am from the UK and trying to trace The Nunney families that came to the USA. I am compiling a complete history of the Nunney family. Any information would help, especially anyone related to Isaac and Ellen Nunney who...

The Nunney Family in England Posted on: 04 Jul 2005, by  patfitz544

Surnames > Nunney

My maternal Great Grandmother was Mary Ann Nunney, b.9 Nov 1844 in Holborn. her father was Thomas Nunney, a Painter & Glazier and her mother was Mary Ann Penn. Mary Ann Nunney was christened on 12 Jan 1845 at St An...

Samuel Rideout/Ridout & Christian Martha Rabbitts Posted on: 04 Jun 2004, by  wmridout1

Surnames > Rideout

...& Ann Wareham was c. Oct 14, 1804 Ashmore, Dorset married Christian Martha Rabbitts July 25, 1826 Nunney, Somerset. She was c April 18, 1807 Nunney, Somerset. They were my 3 gr grandparents. After their 4th c...

Steeds family Tree Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by Mark William Steed(Steeds)

Surnames > Steeds

...Canada and our libraries only allow me back to 1864. My great grandfather was Joseph William Steeds of Nunney Somerset England. He was married to Hennietta George of Nunney. Can anyone lend me a helping hand. Tha...

Hiscocks in Somerset Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Hiscocks

...servant at Buckingham Palace. Family tradition has it that he was "a descendant of Baron Delamere of Nunney Castle, Froome, Somerset" (the castle was built by the Delameres in the fourteenth cent...

Praters Posted on: 06 Sep 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...and read......... Later.. "click" on "contents" and scroll down to the listings: Nunney Castle, Carew Castle, Powys Castle.... look at the photo's. I found these back in the late 1960's ...

Sarah Ann Silk Posted on: 17 Jan 2007, by  jhc193

Surnames > Silk

I have in my line a Sarah Ann Silk, born Nunney, daughter of Isaac and Sarah, who married Hugh Weaver of Hemington, Somerset.

Re: Nunney Castle, Hiscocks, Delamere Posted on: 13 Jan 2007, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Prather

...I'm afraid none of your names connect to what I know. Perhaps if I ever get more on the Hiscockses at Nunney a link will become apparent. Best regards, Richard

Re: Dallimore in Somerset, England 1800s Posted on: 13 Jan 2007, by  Cynthia Crock...

Surnames > Dallimore

...great grandmother, Emily, was the daughter of Thomas and Jane Dallimore (nee Gane). Thomas was born in Nunney & Jane in Kilmersdon. They were married and living in Radstock in 1851. I couldn't find T...

Mary Bryne Posted on: 28 Nov 2006, by  DavidParfitt7...

Surnames > Bryne

I am looking for info on Mary Bryne b. abt.1810 in Nunney, Som, Eng. and D. after 1871 in Melksham Wilts Eng. She married William Parfitt abt 1830. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: LANEs of Downhead, Somersetshire, England Posted on: 19 Nov 2006, by  WilfredRhonda

Surnames > Lane

We are descendants of Joseph Lane and Ann Burge from Nunney, Somerset, England. Would love to swap some information.

Colbourne Posted on: 01 Oct 2000, by Anne Welch

...Their son Solomon (b. 1828 in Whately) married Caroline, dau of Jane nee Jones and Benjamin Williams in Nunney in 1851, and moved toSouth Wales after 1860. I would like to hear from anybody who believes th...

Re: Brines in Somerset Posted on: 11 Jun 2007, by  amie_brine

Surnames > Brine

...Charles Brine was born in 1824/26,Witham Friary, and his son Charles Henry was born in 1855/56, Muncey, Nunney. Have you looked into the family of James Brine (Tolpuddle Martyrs)(born 20th Nov 1812). He had...

Re: William Fredrick Pickford (1882) and Wiltshire Pickfords (1901 census) Posted on: 03 Nov 2007, by  maahpope

Surnames > Pickford

I was contacted by Jess to help in locating William Frederick Pickford who I had down in my tree as being born 1870 in Wiltshire,connected to Edith Mary Pope.Edith was born 15th of December 1872 in Hi...

Re: Nunney Posted on: 06 Feb 2008, by  michaeljbourn...

Surnames > Nunney

I am trying to trace the family of Clara Alice Nunney born approx 1862 possibly in Burford Oxfordshire.

Re: Nunney Posted on: 07 Jan 2008, by  janauck

Surnames > Nunney

...could help me! Do you know any Nunneys from the Southwark area. I am the great granddaughter of William Nunney born about 1832. He was a bootmaker. I also think there is some Spanish connection. Look for...

Re: ann candy Posted on: 17 Mar 2008, by  Philip_Candy

Surnames > Candy

...that William CANDY was baptised on 30 Sep 1810 at West Cranmore,Som and that he died on 16 Dec 1870 at Nunney. His parents were Samuel CANDY (1786-1867) and Margaret BOWN (not Brown) (ca 1784-1837). I pro...

per page