Search the Boards

Search Results for "Nunney" - 155 Messages

per page

William Pratten m. Ann Edgell, Nunney, Somerset.1767 Posted on: 21 Sep 1998, by Ronald Perry

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

William Pratten and Ann Edgell married at Nunney,SOM 16.6.1767 after banns had been read. They are shown as 'sojourners' in PRs. Where did they come from and who were their parents? They stayed at Nunney to have ...

Edgells and Prattons in Somerset Posted on: 03 Oct 1998, by Ron Perry

A William Pratten married an Ann Edgell at Nunney SOM on 16.6.1767 after banns and they had four children two of which have been traced to present day. Where did Ann and William come from as they are shown ...

Prater Family Posted on: 15 Jan 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...Prater / Prather family web site and you will see photo's that I took of the old Prater Family Castle (Nunney Castle) when I was living in the old family manor of Nunney, Somerset, England back in the mid 1980's...

Basil Prather1785-1874 Son of Thomas Prather Posted on: 09 Feb 2000, by Eddy L. David

Surnames > Prather

...Prather's children, spouses, and others if interested. Also have info. of family from Weltshire, England and Nunney Castle in Somersetshire, England near Frome, also connects to pictures where Basil is buri...

Our Family Posted on: 08 Apr 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...taken to another web site with a LOT of info. photo's that I took of the old Prater family castle (Nunney Castle)when I was living at the old manor back in the mid -1970's and mid 1980's. ENJOY! Gary Bent...

Prather Posted on: 08 Apr 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...(martin.prather) "Click" on it and you will see photo's of the Prater (Prather) Family Castle (Nunney Castle) that I took when I was living in Nunney Manor back in the early 1970's and mid 1980's. Enjo...

Whitchurch's in your Bible Posted on: 14 May 2000, by Ellwood F. Whitchurch

...father, William Whitchurch (1643-1719) , who was High Sherriff of Somerset, 1690 and Lord of the Manor of Nunney Thank you very much...

Praters / Prathers Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...page and you will se an Icon to the family home pages. When there "click" on this Icon of Nunney Castle and take a look. I have been researching/collecting data on the family for over 30-35 years....

Prater Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

Hi Cuz, Your Alston (Austin) Prater was the son of Phillip John Prater II. Cynitha Eoff Grandson of Phillip John Prater I. Susannah Hubbard (my 4th Grt. Grandparents) My 3rd. Grt. Grd.father was br...

Benton Prather Posted on: 30 Jun 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prather

...Home Page) in blue. "Click" on it. Then scholl down and you will see another ICON (a photo of Nunney Castle) "click&...

Steeds family Tree Posted on: 18 Aug 2000, by Mark William Steed(Steeds)

Surnames > Steeds

...Canada and our libraries only allow me back to 1864. My great grandfather was Joseph William Steeds of Nunney Somerset England. He was married to Hennietta George of Nunney. Can anyone lend me a helping hand. Tha...

Praters Posted on: 06 Sep 2000, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...and read......... Later.. "click" on "contents" and scroll down to the listings: Nunney Castle, Carew Castle, Powys Castle.... look at the photo's. I found these back in the late 1960's ...

Colbourne Posted on: 01 Oct 2000, by Anne Welch

...Their son Solomon (b. 1828 in Whately) married Caroline, dau of Jane nee Jones and Benjamin Williams in Nunney in 1851, and moved toSouth Wales after 1860. I would like to hear from anybody who believes th...

Re: Attwood from Frome, Somerset Posted on: 14 Oct 2000, by joyce newth

...Attwood who married a James Plenty about 1830 ,says she was born in county--Somerset.Near Frome and Nunney area.It was a second marriage ,formerly Wyatt. joyce

looking for information on my late grandfarher Posted on: 03 Nov 2000, by  sbradley31

Surnames > Clanton

...clanton she lived in Roanoke Rapids,N.C. MY grandfather had a brother that my mom refers to as Uncle Nunney(he may be deceased).I think he also had a sister named Margaret.Can anyone help me find my grandfa...

Re: William Chinnock Posted on: 04 Jul 2001, by  adday

Surnames > Chinnock

On my mother's side - A William Chinnock of Nunney Castle, Somerset, England married Mary Hilliard about 1800. It was his second marriage ...they had 3 DAUGHTERS: Ann Chinnock, Sarah Chinnock, and Susan C...

Re: William Chinnock Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Chinnock

Hi Alan - I notice that your ancestor lived at Nunney Castle. I wonder if he had any connection with an ancestor of mine? My 3-greats grandfather was Henry Charles Hiscocks, born about 1815 at Frome - he...

Re: Hiscox Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

(reply to both L S Pack and Maxx Whyte) Hi - I'm intrigued by the mention of Nunney and Hiscox together... My 3-greats grandfather was Henry Charles Hiscocks, born Frome about 1815. Family tradition has...

Nunney Castle, Hiscocks, Delamere Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Prather

...Does anyone have a Hiscocks (Hiscox, Hiscock) in their tree? I believe that a Prather family lived at Nunney Castle, near Frome in Somerset, and I wonder if they had a connection to my ancestor. He was He...

Hiscocks in Somerset Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Hiscock

...servant at Buckingham Palace. Family tradition has it that he was "a descendant of Baron Delamere of Nunney Castle, Froome, Somerset" (the castle was built by the Delameres in the fourteenth cent...

Hiscocks in Somerset Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Hiscox

...servant at Buckingham Palace. Family tradition has it that he was "a descendant of Baron Delamere of Nunney Castle, Froome, Somerset" (the castle was built by the Delameres in the fourteenth cent...

Re: Nunney Castle, Hiscocks, Delamere Posted on: 03 Aug 2001, by Dale Looper

Surnames > Prather

Hi Richard, contact a Gary Benton Prather at GBPrather@aol.com He has the records of the Prathers from Nunney Castle

Re: Attwood- Bayfield, Ontario Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by  karencoward54

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > General

Hi Sherry, I have a William Attwood bap. 10.6.1832. in Nunney, Somerset, England. His parents are James and Sarah Attwood. William went to Canada, I know he had a daughter Sarah. Is this any help to yo...

Re: Search for ancestors Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by  karencoward54

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Wellington

Hi Jeanne, I have a William Attwood bap. 10.6.1832. in Nunney, Somerset, England. His parents are James and Sarah Attwood. William went to Canada, I know he had a daughter Sarah. Is this of any help to y...

Re: Sarah Starr (nee Exten) - Frome, Somerset Posted on: 23 Jul 2002, by  karencoward54

Hello Alan, Do you have any info on the Starr family? I have Honour Star who married Samson Newport on 20.9.1802 Nunney, Frome. Could she be related to Ezra? Karen.

Re: Samuel urch & Ellen Norah Urch(nee baker) Posted on: 20 Oct 2002, by  alma180

Surnames > Urch

I also have Urch on my tree and am still in contact with my Urch relations in Nunney. Am willing to share information if you are interested Alma Bacon (Essex, England)

Re: John Snook, England Posted on: 03 Feb 2003, by  arenla

Surnames > Snook

My great grandfather James Snook was born in Nunney, Somerset. He married Charlotte Barnden in 1851, Hampshire, and the 1881 cnesus lists them as living in Portsea with three children. I've been looking, bu...

Re: John Snook, England Posted on: 24 Feb 2003, by  arenla

Surnames > Snook

Do you have any children listed for John and Mary? I have a James Snook born 1828 in Nunney, Somerset. Any idea where John was born? The Snook name is exceedingly difficult to trace since there are SO many ...

Re: Hiscocks in Somerset Posted on: 23 Apr 2003, by  Richard_Colli...

Surnames > Hiscox

...Hiscocks's ancestors. They were a Hiscocks/Hiscox line farming at Marston Bigot, near the village of Nunney, a few miles from Frome. I only have names for families on Henry Charles's direct line, which co...

LANEs of Downhead, Somersetshire, England Posted on: 17 Oct 2003, by David Lane

Surnames > Lane

...family with Joseph LANE b circ 1807 apparently in Downhead, Somerset, England. He married Ann BURGE in Nunney Somerset. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a lot of information regarding their de...

Re: Levi Treasure Posted on: 26 Nov 2003, by  GMBH04

Surnames > Treasure

My G.Grandfather had a brother Herbert Treasure but he was born in Nunney,Somerset,England in 1884. I haven't heard of your grandfather, Herbert Treasure ,born 1876.

Re: Charlotte Parfitt Posted on: 05 Jan 2004, by  mawhite3185

Surnames > Parfitt

...was a sister Gifford b 18 May 1766 who had an illigitimate child Jane Hoddinott baptised All Saints Nunney 26 Dec 1784. John was second son of John (baptised June 1694 at All Saints Nunney) and unknown, siblings...

Re: seviour of cloford Posted on: 14 Feb 2004, by  michael_sprac...

...The SEVIOURs of Cloford are in my tree, not my blood line but married into the PARFITTs of Cloford and Nunney who are my direct ancestors. I have the full marriage entry details for William YOUNG & Sar...

Re: 1891 census lookup holwell cloford Posted on: 17 Feb 2004, by  102006

Wendy, I found the family on the 1891 census living in Nunney, Somerset. Wm. Young, 42, general labourer Sarah, 42, wife Lucy, 17, domestic housemaid - out of employ Eliza, 10, scholar Wm B, 8, scho...

Re: Jonathan Prater and Elizabeth Howe Prater Posted on: 21 Feb 2004, by  gbprather

Surnames > Prater

...see some history of our family go to our family website and you can see the old family castle "Nunney" & old English estates that I found while researching in England back in the late 1960's ...

Snook in Gosport area Posted on: 13 Jun 2004, by  nagawoman

Surnames > Snook

...& x the mark of Sarah ALLEN Charlotte was born 1830 in Portsmouth and James Snook was born 1828 in Nunney, Somerset. Any help you could give would be most appreciated as there is virtually nothing ...

Re: Gerretts/Garretts of Frome Posted on: 29 Aug 2004, by Sue Thomas

...not transcribed properly. Head of household was Edward Mansford U 44 Winemerchants' assistant b Som Nunney That is all the info I have for you

Re: Elizabeth Ann(ie) Hoddinott Posted on: 22 Sep 2004, by ron

Surnames > Hoddinott

...Wincanton in 1837 (check civil registration WINCANTON 10, 749). Henry's father John was one of the Nunney Hoddinotts and seems to have moved to Bruton with his brother Benjamin, who became a shopkeeper. [...

Re: corsley snelgroves Posted on: 01 Oct 2004, by  fordwater

Surnames > Snelgrove

...and I'm sure he will be of more help than me. My husbands family originate from a village called Nunney in Somerset which is about 6 miles from Corsley and his grandfather was named Charles, and he had t...

Re: Henry Hoddinott PS Posted on: 08 Oct 2004, by Ron

Surnames > Hoddinott

...family - descended from Thomas Hoddinott and Ann Richards m 1699. We believe Thomas was baptised in Nunney in 1666, the son of Richard Hoddinott, but there's no certainty at this date. Still, every year we ...

Re: Norris family in Arkansas Posted on: 08 Jan 2005, by  SIDNEYNELSONM...

Surnames > Norris

Hi Linda, I have a Elizabeth Norris who was born in Nunney , Somerset England, who married Elijah Silk. This was Eijah Silks second wife. Elijah had 22 children. One of his sons Migrated to America. Name: C...

Re: Henry Hoddinott Posted on: 26 Jan 2005, by Ronald Harrison

Surnames > Hoddinott

...the year of arrival - possibly early 1819. Not sure how good the ship's records are for that year? Nunney was where we found the ancestral home for my American friend. The only Simons that we know of born ...

Re: James Silk of Trudoxhill, Somerset, ENG Posted on: 26 Mar 2005, by  f_silk

Surnames > Silk

To Sidney Milton, I am also trying to trace my ancestors from the Trudoxhill, Nunney, Marston Bigot and Buckland Dinham areas. I have been able to trace Walter Charles Silk who was sent over to Canada in th...

Re: James Silk of Trudoxhill, Somerset, ENG Posted on: 27 Mar 2005, by  SIDNEYNELSONM...

Surnames > Silk

Hi Fred, I am a descendent of Edmund James Silk of Marston Bigot! He married Mary Hillier of Nunney. The father of Edmund was Johnathon Silk who fathered children in Nunney and Trudoxhill, Somerset, England. I ca...

Edwards 1891 lookup Posted on: 27 May 2005, by  Awakeningspla...

...please. I'm looking for Albert Edwards born abt 1885 in Hackney London who appears on the 1901 census in Nunney Somerset aged 15. (At least I think its him). I'm looking to see if he is with the family in ...

Re: Edwards 1891 lookup Posted on: 28 May 2005, by  pkoshea1

Hello Karen. This is an entry for Nunney 1891: Francis EDWARDS 45 S Ag lab. B Trudoxhill Emma EDWARDS 38 Wid/sister in law. B MSX London E C? Albert 5 B MSX London E? Hope this helps a little. Regards, Pat...

Re: Census Lookup 1851 Posted on: 29 May 2005, by  keithwallwork

...they are in Nunnery in 1851. From Gordon Beavingtons transcriptions 15 EDWARDS Edmund 41 Ag. Lab Nunney, Som. EDWARDS Charlotte 38 Nunney, Som. Walter 7 Scholar Nunney, Som. Amos 2 At Home Nunney, Som. Albert 7m At Ho...

Re: James Silk of Trudoxhill, Somerset, ENG Posted on: 08 Jul 2005, by  elizabethj4m3...

Surnames > Silk

...wrong and I think that I am actually related to Jonathan Silk son of George Silk. Jonathan lived in Nunney and migrated to the South Wales valleys in the middle 1800s. Some of the dates seem a bit sketchy a...

Re: Benjamin Hoddinott, England 1750-1850 Posted on: 19 Aug 2005, by Ron Harrison

Surnames > Hoddinott

...Edward, it is not strictly true, in that there are a couple of gaps, or rather assumptions about the Nunney Hoddinotts that we have yet to prove. More information on request. In which country are you living

Re: Henry Hoddinott PS Posted on: 21 Aug 2005, by  Royston_Mitch...

Surnames > Hoddinott

...a common ancestor in Richard Hoddinot b.abt.1632. My info.gives; Thomas (his son) b.May 21st 1666 in Nunney, Som. and d. December 2nd 1771 in Nunney. I have Richard's spouse as unknown. Do you agree with this inf...

per page
© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.