Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Pawsey" - 108 Messages

per page

Re: BRAND in Niagara c 1826 Posted on: 30 Jul 2001, by  kathrynbrand

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Lincoln

...him. If you can find it there is a book entitled The Marytyrs of the Cornhill, published in 1886 by Pawsey & Hayes. It has the pedigree's of the Sparowe's. Hope this helps. If you need any more info ple...

Re: PAWSEY / PAUSEY family from LEEDS and Yorkshire Posted on: 26 May 2006, by Felicity Pawsey

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

Hello! Unfortunately I don't recognise this particular family unit. Most Pawsey's originated in Suffolk and I wouldn't be surprised to find yours did - but at some time in history they moved north. I'...

Re: PAWSEY / PAUSEY family from LEEDS and Yorkshire Posted on: 24 May 2006, by Julia Pawsey

Hi, I've done a little research. The Earliest Pawsey I have is Thomas born 1800 married to Elizabeth.(All my Pawseys were born in Manchester/Salford) His father is James married to Elizabeth Byrom, I have...

Re: PAWSEY / PAUSEY family from LEEDS and Yorkshire Posted on: 01 May 2006, by  judithburrows

1891 census. 17 Danby Walk. John Pawsey abt 1846 Norton, Suffolk, England Head Leeds Yorkshire forgeman Lillah Pawsey abt 1852 Evenley, Northamptonshire, England Wife Leeds Yorkshire Albert E Pawsey ...

PAWSEY / PAUSEY family from LEEDS and Yorkshire Posted on: 01 May 2006, by  jfpfam

Seeking information about anyone from this family unit: Head of household - Osborne / John Pawsey Wife - Zillah (later married Reuben Hull) Issue: Zillah married Fred Jagger, later Hobson Fanny Eliza marrie...

PAWSEY - has the name got French origins? Posted on: 29 Oct 2004, by  jfpfam

Localities > Western Europe > France > General

It's a popular 'legend' that the name PAWSEY has French origins.Pronouned phonetically, some say is sounds like a place in France. Or is there a surname similar to ours in French? Does anyone have any ideas...

Re: Pawsey Posted on: 04 Feb 2002, by  Pawsey21

Localities > Caribbean > Jamaica > General

Alfred Pawsey and Theresa Frey were my father,Graham's, parents, Bob was his eldest brother. They all lived inJamaica. Alfred went out to Jamaica and married Theresa out there. Would be interrested in know...

Pawsey Posted on: 11 Nov 2000, by  chrislawson70

I am not sure as all I have is for Alfred's son, Robert Henry, married in Glasgow in 1911. It would appear that the Alfred you have is too young to be the father but perhaps a relative.

Pawsey Posted on: 30 Oct 2000, by John Pawsey

Is this the Alfred born 1874 son of Daniel....orgin being George born 1772

Pawsey Posted on: 28 Nov 1999, by  chrislawson70

Looking for Alfred Pawsey, sugar planter and Teresa Fray, thought to be from Jamaica. Any information would be welcome. Son Robert Henry, 26, married in Scotland in 1911 to Christina MacIvor, 24.

Looking for ELIZA ELIZABETH HOWARD Posted on: 13 Nov 2004, by  jfpfam

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Ships from England

...Salt Lake City at the Endowment House in Feb.1870. Many thanks for any information / leads etc Felicity Pawsey

William W Sanders & Rosezella Lowrey Posted on: 02 Apr 2001, by  sorralla

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Winn

... Junita Agnes Sanders She married: Herman G. Remme Hermon Howard Sanders He married: Jean Beatrice Pawsey.

Stokes-Turnidge Posted on: 19 Mar 2001, by  IDWINS

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Ray

...familys. They were married June 2, 1823 in Ray, Co. Mo.their daughter Nancy J. Married to William Joseph Pawsey was My ggggrandparents.

Re: English & Wilson in Northumberland Posted on: 31 Aug 2006, by  jfpfam

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Northumberland > General

...George Stephenson English? I THINK they came from Co Durham way but can't be sure. Many thanks, Felicity Pawsey

Fortescues of Devon Posted on: 21 May 2003, by  KerryTwomey67

Surnames > Fortescue

...Elizabeth,Anna Maria, Emma (m. James Hoare), Frances, William (m. Emily Braid), Rosina,Edwin James?(m. Annie Pawsey) John, Louisa (m. Walter Birch). I am descended from Emma.

searching for Irons. Posted on: 29 Mar 2000, by annette ball

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Cambridgeshire > General

...more information about Joseph Irons and his four sons. I knew two of them, John and his wife Eliza(nee Pawsey) and Turner and his wife Ann(nee Dowsby) came to Australia in about 1848 and 1849. But I do not ...

Barbara Elizabeth Kaufman Posted on: 25 Jan 2001, by  IDWINS

Surnames > Kaufman

...Breitan,Germany on Nov. 14,1855. Father Casper Kaufman and Mother Henrietta Kautz or Kaus. She married Frederick Pawsey and they lived in Nettleton, Mo.

GIBBS FROM ENGLAND / I HAVE A GIBBS WILL! Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by Diane Davani

Surnames > Gibbs

...Named in will are: David Cecil Gibbs, son; Frederick Leonard Angas Gibbs, son; Fanny Gibbs, wife; Thomas Pawsey Gibbs, brother; John Edward Wood (husband of Anne); Inez Collins, Charles Gosnell and Mrs. Ell...

I HAVE THE 1888 WILL OF DAVID ASHLAND GIBS, ESQ. Posted on: 23 May 2000, by Diane Davani

Surnames > Gibbs

...Named in will are: David Cecil Gibbs, son; Frederick Leonard Angas Gibbs, son; Fanny Gibbs, wife; Thomas Pawsey Gibbs, brother; John Edward Wood (husband of Anne); Inez Collins, Charles Gosnell and Mrs. Ell...

GIBBS WILL Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by Diane Davani

Surnames > Gibbs

I have the original 1888 will of David Ashland Gibbs, Esq Posted on: 23 May 2000, by Diane Davani

Surnames > Gibbs

...listed in will are: David Cecil Gibbs, son; Frederick Leonard Angas Gibbs, son; Fanny Gibbs, wife; Thomas Pawsey Gibbs, brother; John Edward Wood (husband of Anne); Inez Collins, Charles Gosnell and Mrs. El...

GEORGE STEPHENSON ENGLISH (UK only) Posted on: 03 Sep 2006, by  jfpfam

Surnames > English

...S ENGLISH's ancestry back but seek descendants of him. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed! Felicity Pawsey

I have the original 1888 will for David Ashland Gibbs Posted on: 23 May 2000, by Diane Davani

Surnames > Buckley

...listed in will are: David Cecil Gibbs, son; Frederick Leonard Angas Gibbs, son; Fanny Gibbs, wife; Thomas Pawsey Gibbs, brother; John Edward Wood (husband of Anne); Inez Collins, Charles Gosnell and Mrs. El...

John Constant and Fanny Taylor-England, Wales, Canada and ? Posted on: 02 Nov 2006, by  RoshP

Surnames > Constant

...They appear on the 1881 census in Oldcastle, Monmouth, Wales. Rose moved to Canada. Married 1st to a Pawsey and later in 1912 as widow to Cecil Endicott. Looking for any info on Rose . She was born abou...

Re: Rifes in Utah Posted on: 01 Jan 2006, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Rife

...the maiden name of 'Howard'. Would love to hear from any descendants to exchange information. Felicity Pawsey

Hundon, Great Bradley, Wickhambrook Posted on: 27 Dec 2002, by  colletteranki...

Surnames > Mingee

I'm seeking to exchange details relating to John Mingay and Hannah Pawsey. Robert Mingay and Dorcas Golding and William Mingaye who emigrated to Australia with Missen family.

Re: Mortimer's from Portsmouth and Gosport ,Hampshire. Posted on: 24 Feb 2004, by  JamesMortimer...

Surnames > Mortimer

...white. we are trying to find his father who we believe is also called james who we think married a jane pawsey. if this is who you are looking for and want more information, please email me at jamesmortim...

JOHN S MOSES and his wife MINNIE PAWSEY. Posted on: 01 May 2006, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Moses

Seeking information about JOHN S MOSES and his wife MINNE PAWSEY. They married 1907 in Meanwood, Leeds. Seeking to exchange information

Re: JOHN S MOSES and his wife MINNIE PAWSEY. Posted on: 01 May 2006, by Felicity Pawsey

Surnames > Moses

Thank you for your e-mail. Details, I'm afraid, are very few. All I know is that Minnie Pawsey married John S Moses in 1907 at Holy Trinity Church, Meanwood, Leeds. As this was after the 1901 Census gaining...

Nancy J Stokes-mo. Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by  IDWINS

Surnames > Stokes

...for information on Nancy J. Stokes born November 11,1830 and died April 22,1890, married to Joseph W. Pawsey, theyhad 6 children Flora, Mary, John, Lillie, Frederic ( my gggrandfather) and Nancy. Lived in C...

GEORGE F DAY & FANNY ELIZA DAY (nee PAWSEY) Posted on: 01 May 2006, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Day

Seeking information about GEORGE F DAY and his wife FANNY ELIZA PAWSEY. They married 1911 in Burmantoft, Leeds. Fanny possibly died in Middlesbrough 1926 but not sure. Seeking to exchange information.

Re: Dunmill Paddick Surname Posted on: 19 Dec 2006, by  BrianEdward70

Surnames > Dunmill

...Ernest, Catherine and Lily Elizabeth. The family lived in Fulham and then Tooting. Joseph m Miriam Louise Pawsey, 1903. Children: William Joseph, Rosetta Marian. In 1906 the family were living in Battersea....

Hulbert and Pawsey families, St George in the East Posted on: 07 Mar 2007, by  jennyr265

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > East of London Family History Society (EoLFHS)

Can anyone help with the following? My mother's paternal grandmother was a Blanche Pawsey b. 1863 in St George in the East. She married Cornelius John Hulbert b. 1860 also in St George. They married in Whit...

Re: Hulbert and Pawsey families, St George in the East Posted on: 11 Mar 2007, by  jennyr265

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > East of London Family History Society (EoLFHS)

Hi Emma Interesting family - Susan had Henry in 1849 but didn't marry George Pawsey until 1852. He died in 1859 but Blanche wasn't born until 1863! Susan appears as Susan Silke in 1851 census with 2 year ol...

Re: Arbons from Chevington Posted on: 27 Sep 2007, by  StephenHArbon

Surnames > Arbon

...SUFFOLK Children: Mary Ann (19 Jan 1830 Barrow - ) John (05 Aug 1831 Barrow - ) or Spouse: Mary PAWSEY –from Boyds MI Marriage: 1832, Chevington, SUFFOLK Children: John 1834, Sally 1836, William 1837...

Re: PAWSEY / PAUSEY family history - Leeds area Posted on: 20 Sep 2007, by  largeman1950

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > Yorkshire - West Riding > General

...with my mother-in-laws family, and someone in the family mentioned hearing that the name was originally Pawsey. So it might be worth trying Parsey, and, also try looking under the name Passey as well, this ...

JOHN ERNEST CRACKNELL - EDMONTON, MIDDX Posted on: 01 Mar 2008, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Cracknell

Seeking information about John Ernest Cracknell who was born 1888 in Edmonton, Middx. I wish to determine if he features in Pawsey/Pausey family tree. Happy hunting! Felicity

Patrick PHELAN died before 1867, daughter Ann b 1846 Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford Posted on: 03 Mar 2008, by  jfpfam

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Wexford > General

...anyone knows anything about this family I'd be delighted to hear from them. Happy hunting! Felicity Pawsey

JAMES HENRY DAWES =Edmonton/ Tottenham, Middlesex, England Posted on: 26 Jan 2008, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Dawes

...his father, he was the son of James Henry Dawes, a farm labourer. James Henry (junior) married Eliza Pawsey.To my knowledge they had at least three children: Thomas, David and Leonard. They certainly conti...

Depden Suffolk Posted on: 22 Jan 2008, by  colletteranki...

Surnames > Pawsey

Looking for connections to Hannah Pawsey who married John Mingay. A baptism is recorded for Hannah Pawsey, daughter of Robert Pawsey and Ann. Baptised on 5th March 1740 at St Marys Church, Depden. After marriage Hann...

wanting to know Posted on: 02 Sep 2008, by  jane12332

Surnames > Pawsey

hi jane maree pawsey nsw australia my dad jahn warne pawsey melbourne australia would love to know more about my history john died 20th sep 1988

Re: Pawseys Posted on: 06 Jun 2008, by  grahamtbarker

Surnames > Pawsey

I know this is a very old thread but ... My G G G Grandfather was Robert Pawsey (m Emma Moore). My mother was a Pawsey from Ruben, Arthur J & Leslie A. I would love to hear any more info you have on Pawseys. ...

Re: JOHN ERNEST CRACKNELL - EDMONTON, MIDDX Posted on: 30 Sep 2008, by  jfpfam

Surnames > Cracknell

...for your interest. I have the following information: 1913 - Edmonton - John E Cracknell married Kate Pawsey - Edmonton - 3a 979 - March qtr John Ernest Cracknell had been born 1888 Edmonton 3a 332 June qtr ...

Re: Charles Irons Posted on: 20 Dec 2008, by  gloriastanfor...

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Australia > General

...sons & 1 daughter moved New Zealand but don't know anything else. Father John Irons mother Eliza Pawsey. Bye

Re: Charles Irons Posted on: 19 Nov 2008, by  gloriastanfor...

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Australia > General

...Fahey.Charles D: 1933 New Zealand. They had 3 sons and 1 daughter. Charles father John Irons mother Eliza Pawsey. Anything information your can give me would be most helpful. Thank you.

ROBERT PALMER Posted on: 17 May 2009, by  jfpfam

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Middlesex > General

...information on ROBERT PALMER, born 1863 in Norton, Suffolk, son of ROBERT and his wife ELIZA (formerly PAWSEY, born OSBORNE). He moved to the Palmers Green / Southgate area of Edmonton Registration Distric...

BROSENTHAM (and variants) Posted on: 17 May 2009, by  jfpfam

...1855-1868 in the Holborn and Shoreditch areas of London/ Middx. * JOHN * ELLEN married George W. PAUSEY/PAWSEY * WILLIAM * THOMAS * TIMOTHY married Emily Eliza ROWLEY / ROWBY * CATHERINE

WASATCH LAWN MEMORIAL CEMETERY, SALT LAKE CITY - Alice Howard Rife Posted on: 17 Apr 2009, by  jfpfam

Localities > North America > United States > States > Utah > Counties > Salt Lake

...like to see the final resting place of one of my husband's ancestors. With very many thanks, Felicity Pawsey

PAUSEY / PAWSEY - Tottenham area, Middx Posted on: 17 May 2009, by  jfpfam

Seeking to exchange information (and photographs) with descendants of GEORGE WILLIAM PAWSEY and his wife ELLEN formerly BROSENTHAM)who lived in the Tottenham area up until their deaths in the 1929-1931. The...

MARIANNE BLOMFIELD Posted on: 24 Nov 2000, by  margie0555

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Suffolk > General

...some record of evidence. John was the brother of Charles, father of Bishop Charles of London and Hester Pawsey. Hester is mentioned in the 1841 census of Bury St. Edmonds, with her daughter and I believe th...

per page