Search the Boards

Search Results for "Phimister" - 90 Messages

per page

Buckie Posted on: 15 Dec 1999, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

James McBain married Margaret Munro 23Jul 1902. They moved to Edinburgh, then immigrated to Winnipeg, Canada in 1906.

Macgillivray Posted on: 20 Jun 1999, by  Janiamac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Nairnshire > General

Looking for descendants of claimants to the Macgillivray lands in 1850s - names Davidson, Mackintosh, Paterson, Rose, Fraser, Macgillivray, Macarthur, Souter, etc. Would welcome any info. My Macgilliv...

Macgillivray Posted on: 20 Jun 1999, by  Janiamac

Looking for descendants of claimants to Macgillivray lands in 19th century, names: Davidson, McIntosh, Macarthur, Souter, Paterson, Rose, Fraser, Macgillivray Any info welcomed. My ancestor Duncan Mac...

Walkers and Clarks at Auldearn Posted on: 16 Nov 1999, by  Janiamac

Is anybody researching Clarks or Walkers of Auldearn - they were at Brightmoney in mid 19th century and I believe Clarks at Park. Many thanks for any info. Jane Macgillivray, Somerset

Elizabeth Phemister Will Posted on: 19 Jul 1999, by Tom Boggs

Surnames > Congleton

Vol. A - Administrators Record, 1862 PAGE 65 James Congleton, Admin with the will annexed of Elizabeth Phemister, deceased. Know all men by these presents, that we James...

Possible relation Posted on: 05 Jun 1999, by Jan Chappuis

Surnames > MacGregor

...Scotland; married John Proctor, born in 1787, died in 1869; died in 1871. They had a son, Alexander Phimister Proctor, born Jan 8, 1822 in Cromarty, Scotland. He is my grandfather's grandfather. (Our family mi...

SUPPLE, FULTON, Lyons, Wayne Co. 1850s Posted on: 17 Jan 2000, by A. Canaday

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Wayne

Searching for ANY information regarding the SUPPLE and FULTON families of NY - Wayne and Ulster Counties, as well as the Rochester and Buffalo areas. Known to have lived there from 1840s until turn of...

Turriff Posted on: 27 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

Looking for the parents of Ann Lawrence, born abt. 1839 Turriff. Married George Munro 13 Dec 1860 in Fordyce.

Elizabeth Phimister Posted on: 28 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

Looking for any information on Elizabeth Phimister who married George McBain then took her family to Ontario around 1906.

MacBean Posted on: 28 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

Donald McBain (McBean) was born to Lachlan MacBean and Margaret McPherson in Inverness. Lachlan's parents seem to be Angus and Jannet MacBean. Any connection?

Reriach Posted on: 29 Jun 2000, by  Janiamac

Hamish, Reriach is where my Macgillivray ancestors came from in 18th century. McFerchard was an alias name of Macgillivray above. Would like to know more of your information! Jane

MCBAIN Posted on: 03 Aug 2000, by  rmac411

Surnames > McBain

Hi, My McBain's were located in Inverness, and relocated to Buckie during the Clearances. The oldest Ancester that I know is Donald married to Catherine McQueen, and had one son Donald, who became a M...

Rent rolls Posted on: 16 Oct 2000, by  Janiamac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

Rent rolls/lists of tenants: I wonder if anyone has seen any rent rolls? Have such lists of tenants survived for areas around Inverness? I have seen rent rolls of the Campbells with lists of tenants a...

Flemister name origin Posted on: 07 Mar 2001, by  ngmann

Surnames > Flemister

...colloquial pronunciation. This article shows the surname as: Flemister, Feemeister, Phemister, Fumester, Phimister, Fimister, Phimimister, Whimster and the others noted above. Hope this helps, Nancy

phimister Posted on: 30 Nov 2001, by sandra

Surnames > Phemister

i am trying to find family...my fathers parents were peter phimister and margret rooney. from scottland.. it could have been mcphimister his brother names were james,daniel,scotty he also had a sister known t...

Re: Rhinds in Elgin and New York Posted on: 21 Nov 2002, by  suedog_1

Surnames > Rhind

...was Charles, born 17th August, 1804 and another, David, 2nd July, 1809. Charles, I think, married Jean Phimister in St. Andrews parish, Lhanbryde, Moray and, if I'm on the right line, his ancestors landed up i...

Phimister - In Memory Posted on: 31 May 2003, by  reparmley

Localities > North America > Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg

From the Manitoba Free Press, Winnipeg, Friday, December 21, 1928, under IN MEMORIAM. "PHIMISTER - In loving memory of our dear mother, who passed away Dec. 21, 1927. Two dear bright eyes, a tender smi...

Re: Phimester Posted on: 02 Sep 2003, by  lharrisb

Surnames > Phimester

...differently, but they also came to Sunderland, Durham, England. My great-grandfather was Walter Ellison Phimister, Sr. born in 1877 in Morpeth, Northumberland, England. His father was George Phimister born in 1844 in...

GARDEN - Forres, Morayshire, Scotland Posted on: 16 May 2004, by Bonnie Curry

Surnames > Garden

I am looking for descendants of Andrew Garden (son of Andrew Gairden and Janet Phimister) and his wife Jane COLLIE who were married in 1812 at Forres. Known children were:- John 1813 (died young), Andrew 1814...

Re: Phimester Posted on: 27 Dec 2004, by Walter Ellison Phimister

Surnames > Phimester

Hi, Walter Ellison Phimister B 1900 brother of Anthony Phimister, George Phimister and sister Lily Phimister was my father. I think they lived at one time at 6 Pine Street, Sunderland. Any information your father can give would be helpf...

Re: Phimester Posted on: 27 Dec 2004, by  lharrisb

Surnames > Phimester

Hello, I am your first cousin, once removed. I have traced your Phimister's back to Thomas Phimister, my 3rd great-grandfather and your 2nd great-grandfather. He was born about 1820 and may have been bor...

Re: Phimester Posted on: 08 Jan 2005, by Leanne

Surnames > Phimester

Hello again, Here is the URL for our family tree info. My grandmother was Lily Phimister, your aunt, so that makes us first cousins, once removed. The first names and information of living relatives have ...

Death of a well known Phemister descendant Posted on: 21 Jan 2005, by Christine Harris

Surnames > Phemister

...Bell, the ex CEO of McDonalds, who passed away on Monday, was a 2nd Great Grandson of George and Marsley Phimister who emigrated to New South Wales in 1838 from Moray, Scotland. Many newspapers around the wor...

Ottawa, Canada Obituary Posted on: 06 Mar 2006, by  L_Souter

Surnames > Chapman

...15, 1966, Lt. Kenneth F. Chapman, Ottawa, Police Dept., aged 52 years, beloved husband of Catherine Phimister, dear father of Kenneth John, Ottawa, and Mrs. Kenneth Budarick (Beverly) of Markham, Ont.; also su...

Macgillivray/Munro Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by  Janiamac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Moray > General

Duncan Macgillivray and his wife Henrietta Phimister in Cawdor had children Janet born 1805 who married Donald Munro in 1827 and lived in Nairn, where at one time he was coal-merchant (he had a relative Henry ...

MacDonalds of Knockando Posted on: 03 Nov 2000, by Ken MacDonald

We to have MacDonalds in Knockando. John MacDonald married Margaret Cameron in 1823 in Knockando. She was from Dallas the daughter of Aleander Cameron (b abt 1771) and Christain Fimester (b 1775 Dalla...

phimister at dallas Posted on: 30 Mar 2001, by  richard19256

...to William Mc'lellan in July 1837 at Dallas.She was the daughter of Alexander Cameron and Christina Phimister(? spelling Christian Fimister)It seems that her siblings were Margaret(1801),Alexander(1803),and Ro...

Re: phimister at dallas Posted on: 18 Mar 2003, by  nibor_naols

...grandad recently passed away, and I was interested in learning about my family tree. His name was James Phimister (i think thats the correct spelling) Stuart, and I know for a fact his father/grandfather was f...

FEEMSTER Posted on: 13 Mar 1999, by George Watt

I am not related but if I were you, I would also include the surname Phimister in my research. I know that there was a family by that name in the parishes of Duffus and Drainie in the early 1800's. Good luck w...

moray scotland Posted on: 19 Dec 1999, by Meeka O'Connor

I am researching the name Phemister in Duffus, Moray. And would like to get in touch with anyone else researching this name or variants, or anyone who can help. I am descended from George Phemister, w...

Phimister Posted on: 14 Mar 2000, by Christine Hilliker

My granfather's death certificate stated that his second marriage was to Mary Phimister. He was born 4 Nov 1865 in Keith and died 29 July 1941 in Elgin. I have just received this information but I do not know ...

Phimister Posted on: 23 Mar 2000, by Robert N McBain

My g-grandfather George McBain married Elizabeth Phimister who was born 6 Aug 1853 in Inverurie. I don't yet know her parents, but her mother's name was Margaret. Apparently her father left or died, because sh...

Re: Phimister Posted on: 30 Nov 2001, by sandra

what i read was the closest i have come to finding some of my family members... my father is peter phimister his mother was known as maggie,and i do know that his father(also named peter)left when he was small...

Phimister / Phemister Posted on: 24 Apr 2000, by Christine Harris

...emigrated from Moray, Scotland to Copmanhurst, New South Wales in 1838. George's parents were John Phimister and Isobele Sutherland of Drainie. John was the son of William Phimister and Jean Jack and Isobele was the d...

Phimister Posted on: 13 Jul 2000, by  rmac411

...McLeod, a Sister Margaret, and two girls listed as Nieces, Helen and Elizabeth. Elizabeth's Father is John Phimister and Margaret Stewart, as listed on her marriage certificate, but I can't tie James and John ...

Phimister Posted on: 13 Jul 2000, by  rmac411

...accross the following that might be useful to you. 1841 Census Duffus, Burghead, Grant Street- John Phimister 35 Carpenter born in parish Jean 20 Chas 18 Carpenter George 15 Margaret Mackie 5 You probably hav...

Forsyth of Dyke Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by  Janiamac

Henrietta Phimister who married Duncan Macgillivray of Cawdor was born in Dyke in late 18th century. Her father was Alexander Phimister (later dyer in Cawdor) and her mother was Isobel Forsyth of Dyke. I wonder if same...

Dallas MI's Posted on: 17 Nov 2000, by Ken MacDonald

...need more just yell. Ken MacDonald Pershore, Worcs, England Researching MacDonald, Cameron, Dean, Phimister in Knockando and Dallas.

Moray, Scotland Posted on: 28 Apr 2001, by Christine Harris

I have John Phimister who married Christian Jack at Burnside, Moray in 1776 and Isobele Sutherland at Drainie, Moray in 1789. Five children from the union with Christian were William, Margaret, Elspet, Marjory...

James Watson b1769 Meft,Moray Posted on: 31 May 2001, by Ken Watson

James Watson b 1769 Meft(Urquhart),Moray m Janet Phimister 1796 Urquhart. Parents James Watson(b 1741 Alves)m Isobel Robb(b 1739 Alves) 1760 Alves. Any connections?

James Phimister, Sexton of Knockando Parish Posted on: 12 Mar 2002, by  William Conac...

...of my Campbels when I saw a Headstone as follows: Erected by the Parishoners, in memory of, James Phimister, for upwards of forty years Church Officer and Sexton to the Parish, who died at Glebe, Knockando o...

Re: James Phimister, Sexton of Knockando Parish Posted on: 20 Jul 2006, by Ken MacDonald

...in 1823 also in Knockando. Margaret was the daughter of Alexander Cameron and Christina (Christain) Phimister. She was the daughter of James Phimister and Margaret Dean. Any ties? Ken

Feemster family Posted on: 09 Sep 2003, by  LindaFeemster...

...or is connected to the Feemster family. There are various spellings of the name, Feimster, feimister Phimister, Feamister etc. We have a record of Alexander Feemster married a Mary Elspeth Davidson at Duffus...

Re: Feemster family Posted on: 15 Oct 2003, by Erica

...only noticed your posting after I had sent a post to the Moray List. I have just discovered a Margaret Phimister/Fimister in my tree married in Elgin in 1841, but can find nothing else? Suggestions? Erica

Re: Feemster family Posted on: 16 Oct 2003, by Erica

...was born in the UK. My husband and I moved back here with the kids in 2001 after 5 years in London. My Phimister is on my Dad's side - his Mum's grgrGrandmother. They were all from Morayshire as far as I can t...

Phimister Posted on: 26 Mar 2000, by Mrs.M.Coniam

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Sutherland > General

I am interested in finding whether there is anyone researching the surname PHIMISTER from the Wick area. My paternal grandmother's father came from there apparently, sometime in the 1870's and moved to Sunderl...

PHIMISTER Posted on: 27 Mar 2000, by  EarlRoss13

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Sutherland > General

M. The Scottish IGI shows: John PHIMISTER b: 21 Nov 1858 Wick, Caithness, Scotland father: James PHIMISTER mother: Ann THAIN source: Fiche 6035516 Wick birth records 1855-1867 John Smith PHIMISTER b: 25 Dec 1861 Wick, Caithne...

Feemster Family Posted on: 05 Jan 2004, by Linda Feemster

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

It is believed that our family came to America from Antrim having immigrated there from Scotland. If anything is known of Feemste's in that area we would love to hear from them. Our first immigrant ...

Searching for my ancestors(McBain, Munro) Posted on: 27 Oct 1999, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Banffshire > General

...1878, Buckie, Rathven, Banffshire. Margaret MUNRO, born 4Feb 1878, Buckie, Rathven,Banffshire. Elizabeth PHIMISTER, born 1856, Inverurie. James and Margaret married, moved to Edinburgh, then sailed to Winnipeg...

phimister Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by stanyard

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Banffshire > General

My fathers name was Alick Flett but he had aunts and cousins by the name of Phimister. I can remember only a few - Rachel, Sandy,Christine, these were his cousins. I did meet his Aunt well over twenty years ag...

per page
© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.