Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Phimister" - 93 Messages

per page

PHIMISTER Posted on: 27 Mar 2000, by  EarlRoss13

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Sutherland > General

M. The Scottish IGI shows: John PHIMISTER b: 21 Nov 1858 Wick, Caithness, Scotland father: James PHIMISTER mother: Ann THAIN source: Fiche 6035516 Wick birth records 1855-1867 John Smith PHIMISTER b: 25 Dec 1861 Wick, Caithne...

Phimister Posted on: 26 Mar 2000, by Mrs.M.Coniam

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Sutherland > General

I am interested in finding whether there is anyone researching the surname PHIMISTER from the Wick area. My paternal grandmother's father came from there apparently, sometime in the 1870's and moved to Sunderl...

SUPPLE, FULTON, Lyons, Wayne Co. 1850s Posted on: 17 Jan 2000, by A. Canaday

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Wayne

Searching for ANY information regarding the SUPPLE and FULTON families of NY - Wayne and Ulster Counties, as well as the Rochester and Buffalo areas. Known to have lived there from 1840s until turn of...

Turriff Posted on: 27 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

Looking for the parents of Ann Lawrence, born abt. 1839 Turriff. Married George Munro 13 Dec 1860 in Fordyce.

Elizabeth Phimister Posted on: 28 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

Looking for any information on Elizabeth Phimister who married George McBain then took her family to Ontario around 1906.

MacBean Posted on: 28 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

Donald McBain (McBean) was born to Lachlan MacBean and Margaret McPherson in Inverness. Lachlan's parents seem to be Angus and Jannet MacBean. Any connection?

Ann Lawrence Posted on: 01 Feb 2000, by  rmac411

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Banffshire > General

George Munro married Ann Lawrence in Fordyce on 13 Dec 1860. Ann was born abt 1839 in Turriff. Any connection?

phimister Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by stanyard

My fathers name was Alick Flett but he had aunts and cousins by the name of Phimister. I can remember only a few - Rachel, Sandy,Christine, these were his cousins. I did meet his Aunt well over twenty years ag...

Searching for my ancestors(McBain, Munro) Posted on: 27 Oct 1999, by  rmac411

...1878, Buckie, Rathven, Banffshire. Margaret MUNRO, born 4Feb 1878, Buckie, Rathven,Banffshire. Elizabeth PHIMISTER, born 1856, Inverurie. James and Margaret married, moved to Edinburgh, then sailed to Winnipeg...

Robert Reid and Janet Robertson Posted on: 13 Sep 2003, by  royflett27

...Monymusk m. James Smith 13th Aug 1858 Cluny, d. 2 Dec 1890 Bothwell Robert Reid b. 1835 Monymusk m. Annie Phimister 29th Dec 1865 Rafford, d. 16 June 1912 Wick Helen Reid b 1837 Monymusk m. Joseph Smith 6th ...

Feemster Family Posted on: 05 Jan 2004, by Linda Feemster

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

It is believed that our family came to America from Antrim having immigrated there from Scotland. If anything is known of Feemste's in that area we would love to hear from them. Our first immigrant ...

Foulis Posted on: 18 May 2001, by Yvonne Morrow

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Fife > General

John, I am researching all Foulis people from the St Andrews area, and would like to hear from you. regards, Yvonne Morrow Brisbane Australia

Re: Catherine RYRIE Posted on: 16 Jul 2001, by  brucehum2

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Caithness > General

Sorry, no, mine isn't. The Catherine I was referring to married Donald MORE of Sarclet in December 1812. Your names and mine generally don't match, I'm afraid.

BRODIE, PHIMISTER, McGREGOR, SINCLAIR Posted on: 21 Apr 2001, by  irenemitch

BRODIE, PHIMISTER, McGREGOR, SINCLAIR George Phimister and Helen Sinclair had a daughter Helen Gilbert Phimister who married at Station House, Watten in 1894 to a James Brodie, occupation Cooper (Journeyman). James Brodie's mo...

Hughes, Joe David (Major Sgt. Ret) 8/15/2000 Posted on: 19 Aug 2000, by Mary Gentry

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Sonoma

...Hanna House in Santa Rosa on August 15, 2000. He is survived by his wife Thelma L, and daughter Dianne Phimister; grandchildren Brenda Getchell and Corie Ford; great granddaughter Hailey Paige Getchell. Retire...

Alexander Feemster married Elspeth Davidson in 1691at Duffus, Morey Scotland Posted on: 12 Sep 2003, by  LindaFeemster...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

looking for any info on Feemsters in Scotland before 1691. Alexander Feemster married Elspeth Davidson in 1691at Duffus, Morey Scotland. Who were his and her parents? Any help will be greatly appre...

Henderson/Thirmister Posted on: 20 Aug 2000, by Bruce Gibson

...Jan., 1805 (C. 7th Jan 1806) at Harlik. Married Agnes Thirmister in Wick on 20th April 1825 ( or Agnes Phimister 2nd April 1825 at Wick) Parents::Alex., William H., and Mary McLeod. Agnes John Phimister and Isobel Mon...

Greenland Posted on: 15 Nov 1999, by  brucehum2

The links of Greenland are the shore of Dunnet Bay; Greenland is further inland, by Loch Heilen.

Hodgson's in Durham Posted on: 12 Dec 2003, by  lharrisb

Surnames > Hodgson

...1845. On the 1901 British census, Harriett Ann was married to my great-grandfather, Walter Ellison Phimister. They lived in Sunderland and were about 2 dwellings down from a John Hodgson age 59 and his famil...

COMSTOCK Photos 1918 Univ of Illinois Uploaded Posted on: 11 Nov 2001, by Joe Bott

Surnames > Comstock

Have uploaded the Images of Kenyon Phimister and Chauncey Darling COMSTOCK to Dead Fred's Genealogy Photo Archive http://www.deadfred.com . This image are a Fraternty Group shot ... They are Identified in the...

Re: RYRIE MacAdie Posted on: 31 Mar 2002, by  triron1

Surnames > More

...names that come into my tree apart from the main ones of MORE CORMACK JOHNSTON CAMPBELL HARPER are Bruce Phimister Couper Wares Sutherland Murray to name a few.

Re: MORE in Scotland Posted on: 31 Jul 2001, by  brucehum2

Surnames > More

...More, b 1829, m Catherine Groat, 1860. Their son, Donald b 1863(there's a lot of Donalds!) m Barbara Phimister, 1887. Their daughter, Catherine Groat More, b 1888, married James Bruce, 1916. Hence, in traditi...

Re: Barton family in Cambridgeshire England Posted on: 19 Jan 2003, by  BartonTerry

Surnames > Barton

...Barton family on our Family History page as: Henry, b c1816 London. Arr S. Australia 1839, Ellen Vimeria Phimister with you listed as contact. Here is a link ot our Family History page: http://www.bartonsi...

Re: Barton family in Cambridgeshire England Posted on: 19 Jan 2003, by Kim Johnstone

Surnames > Barton

...have a Henry Barton b c 1816 London. Arrived in South Australia in 1839 with new wife Ellen Vimeria PHIMISTER. They has 6 kids in South Australia;- Alice Herbert b 1846, Ellen Forest b 1848, Laura Edith b 184...

Reriach Posted on: 29 Jun 2000, by  Janiamac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Nairnshire > General

Hamish, Reriach is where my Macgillivray ancestors came from in 18th century. McFerchard was an alias name of Macgillivray above. Would like to know more of your information! Jane

Barton, Australia Posted on: 31 Oct 2005, by Kim Johnstone

Surnames > Barton

...my tree Henry Barton b c 1816 London. Arrived in South Australia in 1839 with new wife Ellen Vimeria PHIMISTER. Issue all South Australia;- Alice Herbert b 1846, Ellen Forest b 1848, Laura Edith b 1847, ...

MCBAIN Posted on: 03 Aug 2000, by  rmac411

Surnames > McBain

Hi, My McBain's were located in Inverness, and relocated to Buckie during the Clearances. The oldest Ancester that I know is Donald married to Catherine McQueen, and had one son Donald, who became a M...

Phy Surname DNA Project Posted on: 06 Jun 2006, by Daniela Moneta

Surnames > Phy

...been tested. Phy is a fairly unusual name. Is it a shortened version of a longer name like Physick, Phimister or Phyland? Is it German? Is it Irish, Scottish, Sicilian or Andalusian? Most of us have had little...

Seeking information on Denker, Wertman, Phimister, Turner families Posted on: 30 Jan 2007, by  Vallandmertz1

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Sargent

...County around 1896 and were there until at least 1919 when their son, Dietrich Denker (married to Grace Phimister) died of influenza. John and Anna Denker took in two of Margrethe's daughters, Margreta and Ca...

Marjory Phimister (Wick) connections Posted on: 28 Apr 2007, by  JamesECraig09

Surnames > Phimister

Marjory Phimister (schoolteacher) born 1829 in Wick, Caithness, married a James Mitchell born around 1846. James was brother of Charles Mitchell, fishcurer, Fraserburgh born 1826 married to Janet Rettie. The...

Elizabeth Burdis / Alexander Phimister Posted on: 24 Aug 2007, by  JamesECraig09

Surnames > Burdis

Alexander Phimister was born in 1825 and he was 28 when he married Elizabeth Burdis in Sunderland in 1853. Does anyone have these in their research? Thanks, James.

Rent rolls Posted on: 16 Oct 2000, by  Janiamac

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

Rent rolls/lists of tenants: I wonder if anyone has seen any rent rolls? Have such lists of tenants survived for areas around Inverness? I have seen rent rolls of the Campbells with lists of tenants a...

Alexander Phimister of Wick Caitness Posted on: 26 Oct 2008, by  GKang

Surnames > Phimester

Alexander Phimister was born in Wick Caitness, the son of Alexander Phimister and Mary Dunlop Duff. He married Catherine Swan McAra “Kate” a teacher on 1.11.1892 in Airdrie. They did not have any children. Alexande...

Re: Peter Phimister Posted on: 01 Apr 2009, by  venturapark

Surnames > Phemister

I have only just seen your entry of some years ago and wonder if you are still at your email address. I know who Peter Phimister's parents are - you may have all that information by now. His mother ...

Re: Boyles from Scotland Posted on: 10 Jun 2010, by  janincalif

Surnames > Boyle

...and Helen Boyle. He had two older sisters, Peggy and Nancy. He told me that he was a relative of A. Phimister Proctor through his father's side of the family and was named after him. I have a a small bronze...

Re: Thain of Findochty Posted on: 10 Feb 2010, by  jump44

...share information about this family. My great great grandmother, Annie Thain (b 1829 Findochty m James Phimister 1850,d 1870 Wick) was a daughter of John Thain (b 1797) & Ann Sutherland. I would be intere...

Re: Macgillivrays from Niagara Falls (descended from Clifford) Posted on: 07 Apr 2011, by  janemacgilliv...

Surnames > MacGillivray

...Donald (b 1826) and Sophia Maria Lowden of London. Donald b 1826 was son of Duncan MacG and Henrietta Phimister of Cawdor. So I wondered whether Clifford could have married secondly Ivy? Or is this different ...

Re: 59th (Newfoundland) Heavy Regiment Posted on: 11 Oct 2011, by  watjag124

Topics > Military > Canada > Army Regiments and Militia

...means of communication. My brother and I also recall an Albert Yates from Manchester as well as 'Jock' Phimister. Have you read this obituary? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1333380/Major-D-F-Sto...

Re: 59th (Newfoundland) Heavy Regiment Posted on: 11 Oct 2011, by  watjag124

Topics > Military > Canada > Army Regiments and Militia

...isn't a particular battery shown on it. The only name of a fellow signaller that we can remember is J. Phimister (perhaps Fimister, a Scot who was best man at our parents' wedding. Our father was Ben Buckley...

Re: leonard loyd phemister/velma josephine condron Posted on: 04 Feb 2012, by  johnphemister...

Surnames > Phemister

...this is conjecture. Migration in 18th cent, to US & Canada, in 19th cent to Australia. Variationss Phimister/Fimister/Phermister etc.

Hugh McCallum 1813-1901 Moray, Scotland Posted on: 17 Nov 2012, by  annemccallum1...

Surnames > McCallum

...am trying to locate the parents of my husband's 2x great grandfather, Hugh McCallum. He married Jane Phimister (-1848)on 06July1845 in St Andrews-Lhanbryd, Moray, Scotland. They had 2 children, George Phimister (1847-1...

Re: moray scotland Posted on: 03 Aug 2013, by  jgphim

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Moray > General

...but i am not sure if my grandfather John known like me as jack was born there or in Elgin. James Ross Phimister wife was Isobela, My grat grandfather died a few months after his son was killed in the trenches ...

Re: Phimester Posted on: 12 Apr 2013, by  boggsht

Surnames > Phimester

I found your posts, and my 5th Great Grandfather was Alexander Phimister from Wick, Caithness, Scotland. I have hit a dead end on him, so I can't go back any further. Do you have any information that could hel...

Re: Flemister name origin Posted on: 02 Nov 2013, by  PNewman95

Surnames > Flemister

...Scotland. If you wish to see if there is a link between our families, please contact me. Pat Newman ( nee Phimister)

Re: R Phimister Watchmaker & Jeweller 5 Batchen Street Elgin Posted on: 13 Dec 2014, by  RuthMcIntosh4...

If you can look up libindx.moray.gov.uk you will find info on Randolph Phimister Watchmaker and Jeweller of 7 Batchen Street who is buried here in Elgin. Ruth

Re: Coachman Alexander Phemister Posted on: 08 Oct 2014, by  Forfarian

I take it that this is Robert Phimister, born in Edinburgh Canongate on 26 August 1801, son of Alexander Phimister and Margaret Campbell, who were married in Edinburgh Canongate on 28 April 1801? First of all, don't ...

Re: Coachman Alexander Phemister Posted on: 08 Oct 2014, by  barbarajfn

All helpful, thanks. I have read the Hannay will which is interesting but devoid of helpful ancestral names... but have not seen the Robert in Moray, thanks, I'll check that one out. And good idea on ...

R Phimister Watchmaker & Jeweller 5 Batchen Street Elgin Posted on: 30 Sep 2014, by  KimberleyMisk...

I am looking for information about R Phimister Watchmaker & Jeweler 5 Batchen Street Elgin Any information would be greatly appreciated. Kim

Coachman Alexander Phemister Posted on: 07 Oct 2014, by  barbarajfn

...wife, the marriage date being pretty close to the son's birth date. Probably the name in Moray was Phimister, as even the 2nd great-grandfather Robert used both spellings in his own lifetime. The problem is ...

Re: Coachman Alexander Phemister Posted on: 08 Oct 2014, by  barbarajfn

...Moray. But I think I found a hopeful prospect in Binnie [the baptism record] with Alexander son of Robert Phimister and Margaret Dunbar in the Shagle... Although he'd be only 27 by that one.. anyway, I now ha...

per page