Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Twombley" - 179 Messages

per page

Mary (PIERCE) TOMPKINS Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by  jim50213

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Clarke

...and a prayer. There was no formal funeral excersizes. The 8th chapter of Matthew was read and Mr. Joe Twombley delivered a prayer. The remains were laid to rest in the Lacell Cemetery to await the glorious r...

Trying to locate Anderson Posted on: 12 Aug 2002, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Akershus

I am trying to find the father of Ingeborg Anderson and the county in which they resided. The only information that I have is that my gm, Ingeborg Anderson, came to the US in April of 1884, Port of Ne...

queries Posted on: 26 Apr 1999, by Lyleth Winther

TWOMBLEY, OTIS, BEVANS, HUNT, FOX, COLE Will correspond with folks working on the above names out of Clarke County and Decatur County, Iowa. Twombley and Otis Families from Ohio to Iowa in 1854, James S.Hunt Family s...

JAMES W SHERROW Posted on: 20 Aug 1999, by Edward Dutton

...have some data on the other five siblings including their spouses. Margaret had a son-in-law, Joseph Twombley married to oldest child Amanda. Please use my alternate E-mail areduton@coffey.com (one 't' in are...

LACELLE CEMETERY Posted on: 30 Jul 1999, by Edward Dutton

...Infant son of S & B. A. Sherrow Jan 25, 1898 -- died Feb 6, 1898. Others: Linder, May, Sander, Hunt, Twombley, Bevans, Rarick, Fox, Davis. This cemetery is on a high hill about one fourth mile south of ...

CLARKE CO IA QUERIES Posted on: 18 Mar 1999, by Edward Dutton

Patricia Ownes response was a bingo for me on a 5th generation--Joseph and Tryphena. I was able to share some data with her.

Re: Brandval--Bredeson surname Posted on: 22 Nov 2002, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Hedmark

This Karelius must be another Bredeson in Brandval or possibly a relative of my gf Karelius. He left Norway in 1887.

Joseph WATKINS obituary Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by  dellasha

...was the father of five children. Three daughters have preceded him in death. Alice Gertrude, Mrs. Anna Twombley, and Hester Harless. Three sons and two daughters, with the aged companion of almost threescore ...

Nina Marie Barnard Posted on: 24 Nov 2000, by  marnaolson1

...For several years Miss Barnard was one of our successful teachers. She was united in marriage to Ord Twombley, 4 October 1911 and to this union were born two children, Elizabeth and Dean, who, with the bereav...

William Shane WATKINS Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by  dellasha

The Barber County Index, January 4, 1940 William Shane Watkins was born in Cumberland, Tuscarawas County, Ohio April 22, 1852, the oldest child of Joseph and Sarah Jane Watkins. While yet a child he ...

Morris, Joseph Posted on: 06 Jan 2001, by Celia Luce Davis

from reprint of “Clarke County Historical and Biographical Record” by Lewis Publishing, 1886. p. 32 JOSEPH S. MORRIS, one of the representative citizens of Liberty Township, residing on sec...

Looking for relatives Posted on: 24 Oct 1999, by Debbie Karns

I am looking for any information someone might have on Jesse Iona Trent married to Dan Twombley, her parents - last names of Trent and Joy, Seymour McComas married to Alta Spencer - their parents, and Ellen H...

WILL OF JAMES SEATON WHO MARRIED MARY CLARK Posted on: 29 Mar 2002, by  EdwardArleneD

...there. His children: Jane Prather Hunt married Jacob Dove Linder; Jonas Hunt married Emmaline Ellice Twombley, Mary Hunt married Abraham Chenoweth Rarick, Lydia Hunt married Charles Barnes, Ruah Hunt marrie...

Sharing data Posted on: 11 Mar 1999, by  patti44052

Searching for other descendants of Joseph and Tryphena(HALLETT) TWOMBLEY. Settled in Washington Co., Ohio, coming from Maine. Some, like my ancestors, John Hallett TWOMBLEY and wife Sally (MERRIAM) migrated to Marion...

SHARING DATA Posted on: 19 Feb 1999, by Edward Dutton

Will search my files, share data on these families.

Joseph John DVORAK 1913-2001 Posted on: 18 Mar 2001, by  Steven_Stodol...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Tama

Joe J. Dvorak Joe J. Dvorak, 87, of Belle Plaine, died Sunday, March 4, 2001, in Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids following a lengthy illness. Funeral services were held Wednesday, March 7, at the...

OBIT. LOOKUP KINDLY REQUESTED-"Twombley" Posted on: 26 Feb 2006, by  anntomica

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Lucas

Is there some kind soul out there who could look up the following obit for me in Lucas Co. Iowa? JAMES A. TWOMBLEY died Aug. 13, 2000 Thanks alot, Ann

TURNER, Clara (nee GONYEAU) Posted on: 13 Aug 2001, by  tammy365

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Washington

...Friend 2nd husband (John) Pearson, 3rd husband, George Norton. Louise died in 1944. and Della (Harris) Twombley. I do not have any further info on George, Frank and Della and would like to know IF they ha...

Hallett & Twombley Posted on: 02 Aug 2002, by  PattiOwens71

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Lincoln

...(CHAPMAN) HALLETT.She would have been born about 1787. Also trying to find marriage record for Joseph TWOMBLEY and Tryphena HALLETT. Is there vital records for this area that go back that far? We found Solom...

Re: James W. Gray death certificate Posted on: 11 Sep 2004, by Audrey Fisher

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Lincoln

...Stinson's that were from DeerField, ME? My grandfather is Albion W. Stinson married to a Lucinda Twombly/Twombley. I hope we make the connection. Audrey Fisher

Twombley Posted on: 26 May 1999, by  patti44052

Desperately trying to find the family of Joseph TWOMBLEY born abt 1775 and marriage record of Joseph TWOMBLEY to Tryphena HALLETT. We originally thought he was born Kennebec Co., but have since found that Kennebec wa...

Jesse Iona Trent Posted on: 05 Oct 1999, by Debbie Karns

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Grundy

I am looking for info on Jesse Iona Trent b.Oct. 28, 1879, married Dan Twombley Dec. 21, 1898. I believe she was born in Grundy County because she used to tell her grandchildren that Trenton, MO was named for...

Trying to locate Anderson Posted on: 18 Oct 2002, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Unknown

I have been asked by Firing to post to Unknown Counties so here I am...... Ingeborg (who changed her name to Mary) Anderson was born In Nov/1859 in ?? Norway. She emigrated to the US in April 1884 a...

Re: Trying to locate Anderson Posted on: 18 Oct 2002, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Ostfold

Ingeborg was born in November 1859 in ?? Norway. I have found her in the 1900 and 1920 census. I have her marriage certificate, her death certificate and her obituary; they give no clues at all as t...

Finding a particular family Posted on: 10 Aug 2002, by  AudreyFisher8...

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Unknown

Hi. I'm new here but not too new to genealogy. I have a large brickwall that I cannot seem to break and am in need of help. My grandmother came to the US in April 1884. She came alone. She has a ...

Need help going further................ Posted on: 19 Jul 2004, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Oslo

I think Ihave finally found my grandmother, Ingeborg Anderson/Andreasson. She arrived in New York 19 April 1884 on the SS Island leaving Norway from port Christiania in Oslo. My question is this: ho...

Re: Trying to locate Anderson Posted on: 15 Jun 2003, by  audrey28

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Nordland

Thank you for your help. I'll try what you suggest. Audrey

SSDI Posted on: 05 Feb 2000, by  EdwardArleneD

Localities > North America > United States > States > South Dakota > Counties > Lawrence

SSDI has Twombleys who were in Spearfish. There were Twombleys in Spearfish and Vale. I would like to compare notes.

Jennie Elizabeth TIBBETS Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by  dellasha

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Barber

...1934. She is survived by her children, 20 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and one sister, Sallie Twombley of Lacelle, Iowa. Funeral services were September 2, 1943, 10:30 A.M. Forsyth. Burial at Highl...

Re: Monkton, Addison County, Vermont - Barnes Posted on: 05 Dec 2001, by  Sagerider

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Addison

No, sorry. I have not worked Vermont. My links ran into Iowa and then Ohio, Pennsylvania (west) and Virginia. Also some Sprague in Rhode Island and Hallet in Massachusetts, Maine to Ohio, then Iowa

William Shane WATKINS Posted on: 29 Dec 2000, by  dellasha

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Barber

The Barber County Index, January 4, 1940 William Shane Watkins was born in Cumberland, Tuscarawas County, Ohio April 22, 1852, the oldest child of Joseph and Sarah Jane Watkins. While yet a child he ...

OBIT. LOOKUP KINDLY REQUESTED-"Twombley" Posted on: 26 Feb 2006, by  anntomica

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Benton

...there some kind soul out there willing to look up the following obit. in Benton Co., Ark. for me? JAMES TWOMBLEY died Aug. 1987 (from SSDI) last residence: Bella Vista Sorry I have no date. Thanks alot, An

Voltaire P. Twombly - - Congressional Medal of Honor Winner Posted on: 19 Feb 2000, by Rich Lowe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Van Buren

KEOSAUQUA - The first Congressional Medal of Honor out of only 28 medals given during the Civil War was awarded to Van Buren County native Capt. Voltaire P. Twombly. It is believed Twombly was the se...

Albert P. Meserve Obituary Posted on: 20 Sep 2001, by  xxBobGliddeno...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Hampshire > Counties > Coos

...McLucas in 1900. Mr. Meserve has made his home for the past 12 years with his niece, Mrs. Florence Twombley, who survives, as do three nephews, E.H. Garland and P.E. Garland of Claremont and A.E. Garland of ...

OHIO & MAINE CONNECTIONS Posted on: 26 Nov 1999, by  EdwardArleneD

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Washington

JOSEPH TWOMBLEY MAINE AND OHIO BIOS Joseph Twombley was born about 1785 in Maine. He married Tryphena Hallet, the daughter of Solomon Hallet and his first wife Deborah Chapman. Trphena was born about 1787, Watervill...

Twombley Posted on: 30 Oct 1999, by  RoseleeThurst...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Suffolk

Many thanks for responding to my sulfolk MA query I am after information on Etta Twombley wife of George twombley she died MA 1987 at the age of 97 email me direct on thurston@xtra.co.nz many thanks once again.

I found a twombley Posted on: 29 Oct 1999, by Kris Bayne

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Suffolk

Hello well just to let you know my old ladies last name is twombley with that exact spelling and she thought it was interresting about this (i called her up) all the dates fit and so does the place so please ...

Twombley 1900"s (nz query pls help) Posted on: 26 Sep 1999, by  RoseleeThurst...

...members, Etta Edmunds daugher of Edwards edmunds and sarah jane widdicombe believed to have married a Twombley had a son poosibly called edward fuge edmunds.Had some contact early 1915? from Boston sufolk ma ...

Re: DEVORE,TWOMBLEY,MASTERSON,SMITH,POULSON Posted on: 11 Jun 2006, by lillian

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Marshall

Thank you for trying to help,,,There was a lady by that last name , that my family on the other knew. Both sides of my family were from Marshall co and St. Joseph co , Ind,,,,maybe around the Westfiel...

Re: DEVORE,TWOMBLEY,MASTERSON,SMITH,POULSON Posted on: 11 Jun 2006, by  krettinger1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Marshall

I know of a woman, Betty Shearer, was her maiden name. Ruth Twombley Devore was her ancestor.

Re: Kosciusko surnames Posted on: 27 Apr 2006, by lillian

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Kosciusko

...connection to the following names, would appreciate any info you might have...Samuel Cooper,Neiswonger, Twombley, Devore,,,,members of these families lived mainly in the northern half of Indiana...Marshall, S...

Sister Leonilla Cousino Posted on: 05 Apr 2002, by  ardispierce

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

...active in education in other areas of Michigan. Sister Leonilla is survived by a niece, Mrs. Robert Twombley of Monroe, and a nephew, Bernard L. Cousino of Erie, as well as several cousins who are Sisters of...

Re: Newtons in Robertson Co. Posted on: 06 Jan 2002, by  jryden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Robertson

...in the twelfth election district of the Territory of Kansas, according to the census taken by B. H. Twombley in the months of January and February, 1855. May be a brother: Newton, John from Mo SIXTEENTH DI...

Henry Tybbot Posted on: 13 Mar 2000, by  fredericlloyd...

Surnames > Tibbetts

...Henry through my grandchildren and am looking for more cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Surnames: Canney, Twombley, Meader, Ricker, Ham, Watson, Clark, Flint, Nock, Knox, Pinkham, Loome, Dam, Nason, Otis, for be...

HISTORY OF OSAGE COUNTY Posted on: 11 Jul 2003, by Edward Dutton

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Osage

Daniel Twombley was born 13 June 1836 in Marion County, Ohio; died aft 21 Nov 1918, buried Overbrook Cemetery, Osage County, Kansas. His wife was Martha Andrews; they were married 22 Oct 1860 in Allen County...

TWOMBLEY, Jonas Henry (1903) Posted on: 09 Aug 1999, by  ford31

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Sonoma

The Healdsburg Tribune November 5, 1903 Jonas Henry TWOMBLEY, a native of New York City, aged 77 years and 26 days died in Healdsburg Friday. Deceased was a pioneer resident of Guerneville, where he engaged ...

Rattek Posted on: 13 Sep 1999, by John Frank Daniel Rattek Neal

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Oakland

I would like to know any history of the street name of RATTEK in Oakland County, Michigan. This is a very rare family name, the last person with this as a sir name died in 1981. The name came from Swe...

HALLET FAMILIES OF YARMOUTH, BARNSTABLE Posted on: 10 Feb 2001, by  EdwardArleneD

Surnames > Hallet

Tryhphena Hallet married Isaiah Twombley. They moved to Ohio 1820. Her father was Solomon Hallet, her mother Deborah Chapman. Solomon Hallet born 1754, Yarmouth, Massachusetts; his brother Elisha b. 1758 same...

Sylvanus Tripp Posted on: 26 Jan 2001, by Dale

Surnames > Tripp

We may have been in touch before. I have about 1900 descendants of Sylvanus, but very little docuementation. This is what I have on Benjamin's descendants to the 5th gen. Descendants of Benjamin Trip...

Samuel Banfield, b: 1791-1801 d: 1881, NH Posted on: 05 Feb 2002, by  Teri_Spraggin...

Surnames > Banfield

Seeking ancestors of: 1 Samuel (E) BANFIELD b: 1791-1801 d: 1881, NH + Lucy Ann TWOMBLEY b: 14 Feb 1795 d: 15 May 1863, NH 2 John Addison BANFIELD b: 1835 NH d: 24 June 1889, CA + Lydia A. COOK b...

per page