Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Longford" - 7,381 Messages

per page

Pakenham Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by Pat Stroeve

Surnames > Packenham

...on the Pakenham family. It is also spelt Packenham, Packingham. I know we are decendents of Earl of Longford 1st-7th. They lived in Ireland. But there is limited information on them, could you please help.

Heslin & Gorman NYC 1860's Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by  katehanley0

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

Searching for Heslin, emigrated from Co. Longford early to mid 1860's. Lived lower east side until 1890 when they relocated to Columbus Circle area. Katie & James Gorman (twins) married Katie and Patrick ...

McCORMICK'S FROM COUNTY LONGFORD, IRELAND Posted on: 11 Oct 2001, by  KathyCre01

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

Looking for information on my great-grandparents, Andrew P. McCormick of County Longford, Ireland and his wife, Mary VICTORY McCormick. They arrived at Ellis Island on November 3, 1894 aboard the German...

Atkinson,Neil Posted on: 03 May 2001, by  Gail_Savard

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...born in Yorkshire, is living in 1851 with her husband in a Neil family who declares originating from Longford county, Ireland(John Neil and Ann Cox family). Atkinsons become Atkins afterwards. Family names th...

Re: St. Joseph's Union 1884 Posted on: 28 Jan 2004, by Bob

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

...not sure what connection you are trying to make . . . DRUMGOOLE, John C., clergyman, born in County Longford, Ireland, in 1828. He studied for the priesthood in the United States, and, soon after being orda...

Charles W. Kenney Posted on: 07 Oct 2000, by  xxxvsfxx

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Clinton

CHARLES W. KENNEY It is a rare privilege to be able to spend our lives on the old home place; there is a charm under "the roof that hears our earliest cry," that never vanishes, but for som...

mulligan Posted on: 11 Oct 2005, by  Patkelly412

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

pat mulligan, peter mulligan, sons of john mulligan of drumnacreta, lough gowna co longford. birth1900 to 1910. deaths mid 1970s would like to know more about living realitives. they moved to ney york in th...

Hays Posted on: 07 Aug 1999, by Richard Carstensen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Clinton

...Upperchurch, Co. Tipperary, Ireland, Section 2, Row 5 Hays, Margaret, born 3/28/1834, died 2/6/1908, born Co. Longford, Ireland, Section 2, Row 5 Hays, Thomas C., 1866 - 1945, Section 2, Row 5 Hays, Sadie L...

Re: gorman's NYC Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by Margaret A. Haas

Surnames > Gorman

...was Mary Maher. They came from Co. Tipperary and arrived in NYC in the mid 1840's. I don't know where Longford is in relation to Co. Tipperary. If the areas are close together, let me know and I will give you...

Winifred Doran Posted on: 12 Jan 2000, by Colleen Keys

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

...with an Ashman, I'm not sure whether that was a surname or christian name! My Winifred Doran was from Longford Tasmania!

Descendants of Mary O'Donnell and Arthur Sharkey Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by Lori Mitchell

Localities > North America > Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg

I am searching for descendants of Mary O'DONNELL (born about 1836 in County Longford Ireland) and Arthur (?) SHARKEY. I have a copy of a letter from the late 1800s from their son,Daniel SHARKEY, to his grandf...

Re: Tombstones of Irish Born - Cemetery of the Holy Cross, Brooklyn Posted on: 22 Apr 2005, by  nadarocko

...Also children: Francis, Peter, Edward and Mary died young Catherine's sister Mary Feely, 4/18/1902, 70, Longford Mallon Patrick, 1/6/1909, 70 By wife Ann, 3/14/1922, 85 His parents: James, 1859, 75, Tyrone M...

John Oates - b 1841 Co. Mayo Ireland to Ohio, USA abt 1870's Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by  BRashleigh736...

Surnames > Oates

Looking for information on John Oates b 1841 Co Mayo. Married Catherina Hart from Co. Longford. Emmigrated to Ohio possibly 1870s. Any information would be appreciated.

Conlon (Longford, Ireland) Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by Michael Dunleavy

Surnames > Conlon

I am researching the Conlon family in the Drumlish and Grannard areas of County Longford.

Patrick Mary Reilly Sheehan, NYC 1943 Posted on: 06 Jan 2000, by Jodi Mc Avenia

Surnames > Sheehan

...aka Molly. Patrick aka Paddy and Molly lived in NYC in 1943. She came from Ireland, Co. Leitrum or Co. Longford. Believe her mother was Mary Mc Avenia born in Farmullagh, Co. Longford June 2, 1870. Molly was my fathe...

Re: holy cross look up please Posted on: 06 Oct 2002, by  ashsdlkjhaer

...Michael, 5/18/1915 John T. See ROURKE, Thomas, 8/28/1891, 78 page 96 ROURKE Thomas, 8/28/1891, 78, Longford By niece Mary MORAN Her husband Michael, 5/18/1915 Their son John T. Would your little town happ...

Thomas KTICHEN-Bewdley, Worcs. Posted on: 04 Jan 2004, by  Szczesniak_Ma...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Worcestershire > General

...look-up a marriage between Thomas KITCHEN b. abt. 1814 and his wife CHARLOTTE UNKNOWN b. abt. 182 in Longford, Gloucestershire. Judging by their children's ages, they probably married abt. 1838 give or take ...

Re: Devaney family Posted on: 21 Apr 2003, by Donna Parks

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Madison

...She also said he had come here because his sister was here in the US. My mother believed he was from Longford, Ireland but I can't find any proof of that. He died in an Old Soldier's Home in St James around...

Re: denning,darby,baxter,moore,green - Do you have any more info Posted on: 31 Jan 2005, by jean ranyell

Topics > Crime (old west, outlaws, prisoners, police, etc > ) > Australian Convicts 18th Century > Australia (1788-1868)

Thomas Denning,1792 to1862.b.Longford Ireland.A publican in ireland and sent to n.s.w. for 7 years,he was married to Mary Johns-daughter of Benjamin Johns of the n.s.w.(rum)corps.I have much more info.so e-...

Re: denning,darby,baxter,moore,green - Do you have any more info Posted on: 29 Jan 2005, by jean ranyell

Topics > Crime (old west, outlaws, prisoners, police, etc > ) > Australian Convicts 18th Century > Australia (1788-1868)

Thanx Holly.Thomas Denning-b.1792,Longford,Ireland,d.1-10-1862. jane Baxter,daughter of James,m.1867 to Joseph Brook.maternal grandfather James Filewood.Mary Ann Moore,m.1875 to Seth Brook in Wahgunyah Vic.Sh...

WRINN Posted on: 08 Apr 2001, by  annellen

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

...information as to who she married, Her parents were James WRINN/WREN and Letitia ??? (most probably from Longford, IRE.

denning,darby,baxter,moore,green Posted on: 10 Jan 2005, by  jv7_1

...searching for imformation onthese ancestors some who are and some who may be convicts-Thomas Denning(b.longford ireland 1792 ship-three bees) James baxter,James Filewood and the surnames darby,moore,green,gos...

Re: 1900 Census - Rose Brady Posted on: 15 Nov 2003, by Mary Ann Geraghty

...my g-grand-father's siblings. The Bradys may have been from Co. Monaghan and possibly settled in Co. Longford.Could you check the city directory of 1882 for a McCabe or McCall at the address of 243 E. 78th? ...

MAHON Family from Ireland Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by  jitten1

Surnames > Mahon

Looking for any information on Patrick MAHON born in the 1820's in Co. Longford, Ireland. His first wife was Bridget Hughes after she died he married Ann Igoe. He had numerous children with both wives. My gre...

Patrick Gormly, St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery, near Blue Springs Posted on: 14 Aug 2001, by  CEllenbolt

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Gage

...between the L and Y. The stone say that he died in 1882, was 86 years old, and was a native of County Longford, Ireland. I was just wondering if anyone knew of this man, or his family. ANY info would be gr...

Re: Convicts to VDL Posted on: 14 Jan 2006, by  SadMushroom

Hi Bob, Not sure if you have any of this.. Name: Joseph Hopkins Given Name: Joseph Surname: Hopkins Name: Finch Given Name: Surname: Finch Sex: M Birth: Abt 1785-1791 in London?, England? Chr...

JOHN MCGARY Posted on: 11 Jan 2000, by  Brigitte_m

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Mifflin

lOOKING FOR JOHN MCGARY B. 2 MAY 1777 LONGFORD IRELAND. IMMIGRATED TO U.S 1806 PORT OF PHILADELPHIA. IS THE JOHN MCGARY LISTED ON THE 1810 MIFFLIN CO. PA CENSUS THE SAME? DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THE JOHN MCG...

MARY GIBBONS - KELLY- EVERS Posted on: 16 Feb 2006, by  sidneybaby54

...ABT DEC 27 1919 JOHN EVERS DIED 1926 HER SHIP WAS THE ARENIA APRIL 28 1889 FROM QUEENSTOWN , LONGFORD IRELAND PORT WAS NEW YORK NATURALIZATION FEB 15 1938 BROOKLYN NEW YORK MARY DIED APRIL 23...

Re: Brady Gorman from Longford Posted on: 20 Nov 2004, by Cathy Kachmer

I see you must know these Bradys are from Longford. Mine are too. Immigrant Michael Brady b. @ Oct. 1834/5 in Longford. Arrived @ 1850-1. Married Mary Corr from Westmeath. Children : William, Mary E. , James,John, Ma...

1899 Death Notices, Irish born Posted on: 18 Nov 2004, by kate

...Avenue on Feb. 28. The 45 year old widow boarded on the top floor of the building was born in County Longford..

Re: KELLYS from Ireland to Dubuque County IA 1840-1860 Posted on: 13 Jun 2004, by  glaspaircs

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Dubuque

...226 Kildare 461 Kilkenny 466 Laois 398 Leitrim 238 Limerick 303 Limerick City 46 Longford 168 Louth 246 Mayo 595 Meath 266 Monaghan 315 Offaly 408 Roscommon 815 Sligo ...

HUGHES, Bridget Posted on: 12 Jan 2000, by  jitten1

Surnames > Hughes

Looking for information on Bridget Hughes from Co. Longford, Ireland. She married Patrick Mahon also of Co. Longford in the 1800's. She had either a brother or nephew named Edward H. Hughes that immigrated to Il. He ...

Re: Rose Mary, can you do a Holy Cross Cemetery lookup for me? Posted on: 03 Oct 2002, by  GeorgeMiller7...

"Tombstones of the Irish Born" by Jos. Silinonte has an entry for FARRELL, John, 5/13/1870, 62, Longford, by wife Ellen. There is also an Ellen Farrell, 2/2/1882, 60, buried in plot with a Patrick ...

Casey Geneology Posted on: 16 May 2000, by Paul Casey

My GGGrandfather was born married to Bridget Farrell in Killashee Parish in County Longford Ireland in 1854. They had nine children. The children are as follows; Elizabeth, Mary, Teresa, John, Kathleen, James...

Brooks Ann(2)mother & dughter. Posted on: 25 May 1999, by  klhodgszom

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Worcestershire > General

Brooks. Ann d 3-12-1792 (mother) in Sydney Australia Ann b 24-12-1773 d 11-3-1837 Longford, Tasmania Australia. Both women were sentenced in Worcestershire c 1790/91 , (From memory) for being in possession...

WRINN Posted on: 10 Sep 2000, by  annellen

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

...birth? Ship "Russia" from Liverpool to NY 8 Jul 1833 (FHL Film #0002265) shows two Wren's from Longford, IRE, presumably brothers. James Wren, age 25, Laborer and John Wren 19, laborer. This would ...

GAFNEY Posted on: 29 May 2001, by  dkfraser

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Lincoln

...know something of your GAFNEY line. My gr-gr-grandfather was John GAFNEY. He was born and bapt. in Co. Longford, Ireland, in 1827. His father was Patrick GAFNEY. His mother was Margaret "Deal?"; tha...

Phalen Cook & Elizabeth Tummon - Hastings Co. Posted on: 20 Apr 2002, by  carregj

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Hastings

...c1839, Ellen, Fanny, Thomas, b c 1837, Mary, b c1821 & Isabel, all born in Ireland, possibly Co Longford. Carol Tanner Jones

Bridget Murray Crain, 1834? - 1903 Posted on: 14 Jan 2000, by  ANRiley2K

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Fond du Lac

...grandfather. Bridget died in a train wreck in July of 1903. I've heard that her parents were born in County Longford, Ireland. Does anyone know anything more about BRIDGET MURRAY's family in Fond du Lac coun...

John and William Thompson Posted on: 15 May 2000, by Judy Moecker

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Bourbon

Looking for brothers, John and William Thompson came from Longford, Ireland about 1848 after their parents died. They settled in Paris, Bourbon County, Ky. where they worked in Hardware/tinnery business. Will...

Mea family from Ireland>USA>Canada Posted on: 06 Jan 2000, by  EricHalpin

Surnames > Mea

...in Waddington but eventually moved to Smiths Falls, Ontario. My info says he came originally from Co. Longford but Griffiths Valuation and Irish Civil Records of b/m/d indicate the MEA group were primarily fr...

Anna Fehely Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by Misty Gonthier

Surnames > Feeley

...looking for any information on the family of my greatgrandmother Anna Fehely. I believe she was born in Longford,Ireland around 1880, and came to America in the late 1890's to stay with her brother who was a ...

Patrick J. Riley's wife info needed Posted on: 15 Jul 2002, by Joseph Riley

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

I am searching for the name and origins of a Miq' Mac Indian wife of Patrick J. Riley (b. County Longford, Ireland in 1800, d. 1865, bur. St. Mary's Cem., Florence, NY). He was my great-great grandfather and...

Casey Geneolgy Posted on: 16 May 2000, by Paul Casey

...Great great grandfathers name was Patrick Casey he married Bridget Farrel in 1854 in Kilashee Parish, Longford Ireland. They had nine children, but I only have information on one of them. The children were El...

Re: Charles Aubertin born 1794. Posted on: 09 Aug 2005, by James McCann

Localities > Western Europe > France > Champagne Ardenne

...ggrand father aged about 25 in 1900, he was the postman to the great house that stood where our estate in longford Coventry is now, being sacked one christmas as the horse drawn post wagon took a sleepy Auber...

Helen Hynes in Brooklyn 1884 aka Ellen Hynes Posted on: 20 Jul 2006, by  aegometz

...Kerrigan in Brooklyn NY on May 20, 1884. She is said to have been born on April 12, 1856 in Ballymahon, Longford, Ireland. Her daughter said that Helen's parents were Daniel Hynes (or Hynds) and Ann Horan....

Longford, Ire to NYC 1860's Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by  katehanley0

Surnames > Gorman

GORMAN: Bernard, Bartholomew, James, Mary, Katie, Lauretta, Rosanna, Josephine, John Joseph, Irene, Sarah. Family from North Longford, emigrated NYC 1860's.

Brooklyn Directory Lookups? Posted on: 12 May 2006, by  genie4me

...in any census records. He was a porter at No 7 Stone Street at one time. He was born in Clonbroney, Longford in 1812. His brother, Charles, also came to the US with his entire family in the early 1860s. Any...

Merritt C. Johnson Obit Posted on: 09 Apr 1999, by  aliceallen68

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jo Daviess

...loss a wife and seven children: Mrs. Louis Bosch, and Mrs. Harry Bender of Industry; Mrs. J. F. Brown, Longford; Mrs. Mary Boatright, Boise, Idaho; Charles and Leo Johnson of Spencer, Idaho; Clarence Johnson,...

William Saltmarsh Posted on: 22 May 2001, by Judy Hickinbotham

...Saltmarsh junior born 1795 on Norfolk Island. Thomas Saltmarsh(son of William) born 1824 died 1871 in Longford Tasmania. Ronald Richard born 1851 died 1903 in Longford Tasmania. Thomas William born 1878 died 1935 Longford Ta...

per page