Search the Boards

Search Results for "Longford" - 7,048 Messages

per page

MAHADY/MAHEDY/MAHODY Posted on: 09 Jul 1998, by Matt Mahady

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Westmeath > General

...The name Mahady in Irish Gaelic is "O MOITIDE" and predominantly located in the Counties of Longford,Roscommon and Westmeath,although designated as being a rare Connacht surname by both Matheson &am...

PAKENHAM Posted on: 08 Aug 1998, by  SusanRLW

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Westmeath > General

...reference to Pakingham I will let you know. There are two Pakenham lines, the noble line (the Lords of Longford) and the worker lines (of which I am a part) that worked on the Pakenham estate in County Westme...

O'KENNON Posted on: 20 Jul 1998, by Hugh W. O'Kennon

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Chesterfield

O'KENNON - O'KENNON, Barney Born in Longford County, Ireland about 1800 and came to this country about 1835-36. He settled in Amelia County around 1837 and married Frances (Fanny) Vaughan in 1840. Barney and ...

TAOFFE Fleming Co. Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Sandi Gorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Sandi Gorin's Kentucky Biographies

...Battle, Perrin, & Kniffin, ed. 8-B, 1887 Fleming County REV. JAMES J. TAOFFE was born in County Longford, Ireland, in 1859, came to the United States in 1874, was educated at Emmitsburg, Md., graduated i...

TAOFFE 952, Fleming Co. Posted on: 16 Jun 1998, by Sandi Gorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Sandi Gorin's Kentucky Biographies

...Battle, Perrin, & Kniffin, ed. 8-B, 1887 Fleming County REV. JAMES J. TAOFFE was born in County Longford, Ireland, in 1859, came to the United States in 1874, was educated at Emmitsburg, Md., graduated i...

THOMPSON Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Michael D. Mathis

Topics > Military > Civil War > Kentucky > General

...happened to him after the war? Also where he may be buried. Any help appreciated. Michael Mathis, 9800 Longford Drive Raaleigh, NCl

CARR, DUFFY, GLEASON, GOWAN, JONES, KERN, KIERNAN, LUSHERT, REDDEN Posted on: 11 Sep 1998, by Thomas W. Kiernan

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Essex

...parents were Owen KIERNAN (born in Cavan or Westmeathe,Ireland) and Mary DUFFY (born in County Cavan or Longford, Ireland--maybe Carrickedmond?) . Mary was widowed in 1890, only then to marry William KERN. Wh...

Mackins Posted on: 21 Dec 1998, by  Leslie_Tillma...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Marion

...some interesting similarities. My g.g.g.grandfather was Dennis Mackin, who came to Wilkes Barre from Longford County, Ireland, in about 1836. He had two brothers, John and Thomas. I don't know what became of ...

CARR, GARRITY Posted on: 10 Dec 1998, by R. J. "jeff" Sanders

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Monroe

Searching for info on John Garrity (1848-1914) of Co. Longford, Ireland, who died in Melrose, and his descendants. Husband of Margaret Fallon Garrity, father of 6 boys, 3 girls. Grandfather of Bernard Carr, f...

DR. GEORGE LAWRENCE CORCORAN Posted on: 07 Sep 1998, by  hartney_a

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Peoria

...CORCORAN served Peoria County as a physician from 1851 to his death in 1888. He immigrated from County Longford, Ireland circa 1851, married Matilda Elizabeth MURRAY in 1855, and settled in Brimfield. Four ch...

DUFFY Posted on: 07 Jun 1998, by Cathy Parsons

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Peoria

...looking for information on the family of James J. DUFFY & Johanna SHURGUE. James was born in Co. Longford, Ireland 29 Jun 1834. Johanna was born in Co. Kerry, Ireland 6 Jan 1840. I am looking for their im...

Rufus Baize (I have your answer) Posted on: 05 Nov 1998, by Lori Vandygriff

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Ohio

OHIO COUNTY RUFUS LURANZ BAIZE BORN: MAY 4, 1880 IN OHIO COUNTY KENTUCKY DIED: JUNE 7, 1931 IN OHIO COUNTY KENTUCKY MARRIED: SEPTEMBER 13, 1899 TO: NANCY BELL DAVIS FATHER OF RUFUS: JOHN HENRY BAIZE...

Infos about REDIGAN Posted on: 30 Oct 1998, by REDIGAN Juergen

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > General

...king in Ireland anno 378 Similar names in Ireland Country O'Redahan, Redigan MAYO, ROSCOMMON Rodahan LONGFORD Rodaughan LONGFORD Redican CLARE, CONNOUGHT Shannon O'Roddy / O Rodaigh / Rodehan LEITHEM Analysis: REDIGA...

FITZSIMMONS Posted on: 12 Nov 1998, by Paul Rekow

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Butler

I am interested on any information on John FITZSIMMONS, b. abt 1827 in Toome, Longford Co, Ireland d. unk. John and his family moved to Butler Co. sometime between 1870 and 1880 from Muscatine, IA. On the 188...

Clinton Posted on: 28 Oct 1998, by  Charlie Burro...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

...Elizabeth (Denniston) was the aunt of my ggg grandfather Alexander Denniston who came to Orange County from Longford County, Ireland where he and his brother Hans led Irish rebels at the Battle of Granard 5 S...

NOAKE family of Longford Posted on: 31 Dec 1998, by Jill Smith

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Tasmania > General

...Sep 1998 - transferred. I would like to make contact with any person researching the NOAKE family of Longford Tasmania. I have a great deal of information to share and hopefully on contact could connect many...

LOVELESS Posted on: 07 Dec 1998, by Irene Howgate

I am searching for information on the following gentleman. Josiah Loveless Death 82 Longford Tasmania 16/11/1885 From the Tasmanian Colonial Index Loveless Josiah on ship-Stakesby Van Diemens LD 1836-1843 Any...

CONLON Posted on: 23 Nov 1998, by  SCONLON662

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Daviess

...I believe that all four of them amy have been brothers from either County Leitrim, Ireland or County Longford, Ireland. They may also have had ties to Hamilton County, OH as Charles lived there on and off. He...

Mea search Posted on: 25 Nov 1998, by  EricHalpin

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

Thomas Mea was born about 1826 in Co. Longford, Ire. He emigrated (with parents??) about 1834 and settled in Waddington, St. Lawrence Co., NY. Married an Alice Ruth Morgan from Williamsburg, Ont. Can in Waddi...

Re: GORMAN Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Kate Hanley

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

My Bridget Mary Gorman was born in County Longford, Killoe Parish in the about the 1840's. She was the daughter of James Bartholomew Gorman and Bridget Mary Devin. She emigrated to NYC in the early 1860's whe...

SMITH, O'FARRELL Posted on: 02 Aug 1998, by Liz Smith

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Meath > General

I would appreciate any information on Eliza O'Farrell (nee Smith) b. 1839. Old Castle. Or Thomas Andrew O'Farrell b. 1805. County Longford.

DENNING FUERY FINLEY CASS MAHON LYNCH LAWLER DAGNON MORRIS NICHOLSON LEAHY Posted on: 06 Feb 1999, by  oncue4

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Crawford

Looking for ancestors and descendants of Anne FUERY, b. abt. 1810 in Longford County, Ireland, and John DENNING, born abt. 1800 in Ireland. They died in Crawford County and are buried in the St. James Parish ...

Flynn surname Posted on: 12 Apr 1999, by Michael W. Flynn

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Crawford

Charles Flynn of county Longford, Ireland and his son Charles Augustin Flynn were my great and great,great Grandfathers.

Newspaper Obits Posted on: 02 May 1999, by Larry Leach

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Franklin

...Obit's on my 3rd great grandparents: William MOREHEAD/MOORHEAD b. December 28, 1822 Clonbroney Parish, Longford County, Ireland d. July 28, 1871 Malone, Franklin County, New York and his wife, Mary (REYNOLDS)...

John FITZSIMMONS Posted on: 16 Mar 1999, by  PRekow0713

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Butler

I am interested on any information on John FITZSIMMONS, b. abt 1827 in Toome, Longford Co, Ireland d. unk. John and his family moved to Butler Co. sometime between 1870 and 1880 from Muscatine, IA. On the 188...

BEASLEY John Posted on: 02 Jan 1999, by  LAlbertson

...brothers from Somerset also lived and worked there. John BEASLEY married Elizabeth BAULCH at Christ Church, Longford, Tasmania, in 1847.

McOrmond Family Search Posted on: 05 Jan 1999, by Leanne Fraser

...Hobart. They had another son William, B. 1854 (details unknown) and another daughter Mary, B. 1857 in Longford. William McOrmond died in 1863, Launceston. Margaret Mary McOrmond married Joseph Samuel Oakley,...

PETRE, Henry Posted on: 22 Jan 1999, by  brownbird

...of Peter PETRE/PETRIE/PEATRIE and Dorothea SCHWERZERHOFF (also known as Eva Theodora). Peter died at Longford, Tasmania. I know there was one son who survived him. If you are a descendant of Henry PETRE (or v...

BARKER Posted on: 26 Jan 1999, by Judy Glenn

Looking for any information on these surnames, BARKER appears to be around Westbury, Longford & Launceston, THOMAS also around Launceston and KELLY around Hobart and New Norfolk

GEIGER, family Posted on: 06 Feb 1999, by  brownbird

...and as the Widow PETRE married Benaiah BYE. Christina married Peter CLINGELEFFER. Family were in the Longford/Perth area. If you descend from any of these children in particular John and Christina your contac...

James Jordan Posted on: 08 Feb 1999, by Alan Jordan

...Ireland, in 1756 and died at "Taliska" Whitehills, Tas. He was buried at the Christ church in Longford, Tasmania. He was transported to Port Jackson on board the "Queen" in 1791 and met an...

Smee family Posted on: 07 Mar 1999, by Rod Ashman

Searching for the Smee family in the Longford area in the 1800's. May have been called Smeed. In particular I am searching for Rachel Clara Smee died Channon in Launceston 1890. She married John Channon who s...

ayers Posted on: 12 Mar 1999, by maxine drew

researching Ayers Longford area,Harold arthur ayers married Theresa Furley(rubenach) 1918.Harolds parents were George william Ayers and Rachel Alice Lane married 4th April 1880.George williams parents were ge...

HARRIS, Henry Posted on: 10 Apr 1999, by Joan Williams

...- a native of Plymouth England. Married Ellen KENNEDY (Janus -1819) convict - born 1878 - sentenced Longford Ireland. Daughter Margaret HARRIS married (1): George BURNETT in 1845 - a baker - at Launceston and...

William Page ASHBURNER Posted on: 23 Apr 1999, by Ken Miles

...of George ELLIOT, of Blackheath Co. Kent, England, and had twelve children (Hester Maria is buried at Longford Tas.). William Page was Mayor of Bombay in 1823 but settled in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania)for se...

William Page ASHBURNER Descendants Posted on: 23 Apr 1999, by Ken Miles

...George ELLIOT, of Blackheath, Co. Kent, England, and had twelve children (Hester Maria is buried at Longford Tas.). William Page was Mayor of Bombay in 1823 but settled in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) for sev...

McLEOD Posted on: 02 May 1999, by ROB McLEOD

Tracing descendants of Thomas McLeod born11/8/51 and married Mary-Ann Brusniahn 2/4/1873 at Westbury or Longford, Tasmania. Children of the marriage were William Henry 8/11/1875, Robert 14/1/1877, George 2/3/...

John LAWSON Posted on: 20 May 1999, by Byron Deveson

John Lawson arrived 1816, lived in Longford area. Barlow and Eagle in Oatlands 1830s and 1840s. Eagle in North Motton post 1860. James in Scottsdale post 1856

surname search Posted on: 05 Jan 1999, by  EricHalpin

...March 2, 1832 in Williamsburg, Dundas Co., Ontario, Canada. She married Thomas Mea, originally of Co. Longford, Ireland, in Waddington, St. Lawrence Co., NY on Feb. 12, 1852. They had about ten children in Wa...

7 Trees from Co. Cork Posted on: 13 Jan 1999, by  emmlm

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

...Dowd's also. William Joseph LONG married Sarah Jane Dowd, daughter of John DOWD and Mary MCCORMICK from Longford, Ireland Any info would be greatly appreciated. (LNAMAC)

READING FAMILY Posted on: 24 Apr 1999, by Peter Reading

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Warwickshire > General

I am researching (with great difficulty) the ancestors of Joseph Reading b~1828 I understand at Longford, Coventry Warrackshire. Joseph M 31/5/1852 Eliza Turrell and had 3 children Selina, Charles & John ...

MULLALLY Posted on: 09 Apr 1999, by  KELLIB

Surnames > Mullally

Michael MULLALLY b. ca. 1850 in Glenaughil, Ballinalee, County Longford. son of Thomas Mullally. Moved to NY in 1870 then to Nebraska. Married Catherine MAHON of Longord in 1872.

William Joseph Major,son of Thomas Major & Kate Mulligan Posted on: 05 May 1999, by Tom Major

Surnames > Major

...looking for information on the parents of John Major who married Catherine Briody about 1864 in Granard Co Longford Ireland. Also the parents of James Stockton Dobson who married Charlotte Brennan in 1864 in ...

Simon Thomas Long Posted on: 13 Jan 1999, by  emmlm

Surnames > Long

...Hannah (Honora). Was told William was from Mallow, Ireland, County Cork. He married Sarah Jane Dowd from Longford, Ireland, daughter of John Dowd and Mary McCormick. Looking for any info at all. (LNAMAC)

Cassidy Posted on: 02 Mar 1999, by Kim Olsen

Surnames > Cassidy

I'm looking for Allan Cassidy and wife Catherine Hanley and any children. The family came from Longford Ireland and their daughter Mary was born there in 1794.

Cassidy/Carney(Kearney)Co.Longford-Central Ire/Luzerne Co. PA/Pottsville PA Posted on: 24 Mar 1999, by Patty O'Brien

Surnames > Cassidy

...info. My ggggm was Ella or Nellie Carney(Kearney)and she married Thomas Cassidy. They came from County Longford in Central Ireland. The census says they came to NYC around 1837. They settled in Luzerne Count...

Irish Ross Family Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by Nancy McIntyre

Surnames > Ross

...children in 1847. Also residing in Lambton County, Ontario. Both boys were born in Lisnabov, County Longford, Ireland. I am looking for any Ross family from County Longford, Ire. [Originally posted Dec. 28, 1998]

Ross Posted on: 19 Mar 1999, by Carol League

Surnames > Ross

I have a lot of surnames which are inter-married with my lineage of Ross. From County Longford, Ireland and County Tipperary, Ireland to Ontario, Canada...and on to Michigan. Will be happy to share any and al...

Gray's of County Longford, Ireland Posted on: 16 Jan 1999, by Jim Gross

Surnames > Gray

Looking for ancestors of Lawrence Gray,b. 1840's, of County Longford, Ireland. Married Rose Dopson. Son, Michael, m. Mary Elizabeth Murray in NY. Their daughter, Rose, m. Patrick Keegan 1919.

McCormick's in Ireland Posted on: 04 May 1999, by  emmlm

Surnames > McCormick

...siblings. Mary married John Dowd and had several children born between 1860-1880's I have been told in Longford, Ireland. Any information greatly appreciated since as you can see I do not have a lot. E-mail t...

per page
© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.