Search for content in message boards

James William Bedford b. 1864 England

Replies: 0

James William Bedford b. 1864 England

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2012 7:18AM GMT
Surnames: Bedford, Williams
Im trying to locate James William Bedford's family ties who was born in England 1864 and married Elizabeth Ann Williams of Liverpool, in Cheshire, 1891-1892.

They moved to the US in 1892 and California census records for them say that he was from Canada but after talking to my grandfather he said that was not correct but that he was from England.

This James William bedford was a dock rigger, mariner and an 1871 census for Elizabeth Ann Williams family shows her father George Williams was also a dock rigger (maybe how they met).

I went back to see if I could trace him via a shot in the dark to locate his father James Bedford, and I found a James Bedford son of William Bedford and Jane Booth, but that James Bedford (potential father of James William bedford) only shows a marriage record in the late 1800s well past 1864 BUT there is a record of a James Bedford born in 1864 who is listed as a ship mate living with one Joe Booth, Master of ship,and wife sophia Booth in 1891.

There was a family story that James William Bedford ran away from home, maybe he went to go live with some cousins, if he were the son of James Bedford mentioned above, but alas there is no furhter mention of other marriages for that one, sigh.

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.