Search for content in message boards

Del Billings

Replies: 0

Del Billings

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Billings
I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has any ideas on this. I have searched for a long time now to try and find anything on whom I be leave could be my 2nd great grandfather and have come up empty handed. I have confirmed names and dates for my grandfather and great grandfather but after them the trail starts to go cold.

My great grandfather Floyd Billings was born in 1883 in 1st Ward Beatrice, Gage, Nebraska, USA according to census information. he married a Myrtle Tinnel born abt 1895 from Cuscent, Pottawattamie, Iowa. They had 8 children from what i can tell 1 of which was my grand father Delbert B billings born 14 dec 1917 in Pottawattamie County, Iowa. He wed my grandmother Esther Klassen on the 30th of aug 1957 in Cook County Illinois. I have the marriage certificate and have verified the date on that. But when I get to my 2nd great grand father the leads grow cold.

From what I have found he was born Del Billings (first name was passable Adelbert) abt 1859 somewhere in Missouri. I have found reference to a Del Billings in the 1885 Nebraska State Census that puts him in 1st Ward Beatrice, Gage, Nebraska at around the time my great grandfather would have been 1. He is listed as having a wife but instead of a name being present there is just the letter L. His father is listed as coming from Wales but I can find no reference of a name.

If anyone recognizes the names and or dates of these family members could you please provide a little direction as it has been almost a year now with no solid new information.

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.