Search for content in message boards

William L. Billings tree ***INFORMATION***

Replies: 0

William L. Billings tree ***INFORMATION***

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2013 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Billings-Adamson-Bennett-Fairbanks-Byers-Conner-Young-White-Oharrah
A 'long time ago' I posted my W.L.B. tree. I since made many corrections to it. But that was in the 'old Ancestry format, and once I put the info in-it was stored-even the wrong info. I had no way to go back and delete the entire tree's I made.
BUT!
What I find interestingly is; so many people desperate to connect - and not verify the info -either because they do not know how to effectively research data, or just wanted a short cut, connected unfounded familial connections that I have since found 'no connection' in any document form.
I even hired someone after 30 yrs of hitting brick wall after brick wall. And HE could not even find W.L.B. parents documented ANYWHERE. So folks, please don't speculate, it really frustrates people like me-who know- for something to be true-you have to see a document. The only document I have about W.L.B. parents is a marriage license to his 2nd wife Amanda/Arminta, where 'he says' his parents are William and Mary Billings.
I have contacted Ezekiel Billings' relatives. They are adamant that William is not one of theirs. I do 'think' they are related-because of INFO IN OUR FAMILY Bible I have. FYI: I do know for a fact that I have Canadian cousins. And I have also contacted them-oddly they ALSO say we are not related. But I have old photo's that say we are.
I HOPE I HAVE HELPED EDUCATE A LOT OF YOU OUT THERE ABOUT MY SLICE OF GENEALOGY EXPERIENCE.

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.