Search for content in message boards

Misc. BROOKINS Info from Augusta Chronicle Archives.

Replies: 0

Misc. BROOKINS Info from Augusta Chronicle Archives.

D. Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 9:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brookins
These are notes that I have jotted down on the BROOKINS surnames as I was searching for my BROOKINS Family and thought I would list what I had collected.

From the Augusta Chronicle Archives:

6-21-1929
Atlanta, Georgia, Dave Brookins of Columbus convicted of murdering his wife.

3-29-1930
Heyward Brookins, Sparta, Georgia-3-8-1930, charged with driving reckless and killing his daughter in the accident.

6-25-1927
Mr. and Mrs. B. H. Brookins of Martinez, GA had a daughter born on 9-16-1927.

12-20-1929
Sparta, GA the bride Mrs. George Pierce Askew Jr. age 18 announces her marriage. It list her father as Heywood Brookins and brother as Hershel Brookins.

5-19-1912
Dr. C. R. Brookins prophesized great future for college and 1912 class.

11-21-1939
Frank Parker Brookins-Arrested on charges for conspiracy to violate the iNternal Revenue Liquor laws.

9-24-1936
Frank Parker Brookins charged with murder in the death of Bernard Armstrong in Richmond county. It happened on Milledgeville road May 19, 1936. Mr. Armstrong was fatally injured when automobiles alleged to have been driven by him and Brookins collided at a street intersection.

7-6-1937
Three persons drown in Ochlocknee River
J. B. Murphy, 55, salesman, formally of Ormond, Fla.
Fay Edward Brookins age 8, his grandson.
Edward Collins, age 23, Hardware salesman.
The Brookins child was the first to drown. He drifted into deep water while swimming in the river. The grandfather went after him and he too, drowned in the deep channel. Mr. Murphy dived in and he also failed to come up. Eventually all three bodies were recovered.
The child was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Doss C. Brookins.

7-25-1931
Burke Prisoner Flees and is Shot
John William Brookins of Waynesboro, GA, white male, who was serving as sentence of eight months on the chaingang was shot in the calf of the leg last night whenhe and Leroy Cowart, white male serving a three year sentence attempted to escape from a convict camp about four miles from the city. Cowart was captured and Brookins was apprehended on the farm of J. V. Burton. Brookins, who had been serving a sentence since May 17 on a charge of violating the prohibition liquor law was carried to the University Hospital in Augusta, GA where he they had to amputate his leg.

2-23-1805
A list of defaulter in Burke county year 1804.
Capt. James Martin's-District
Stephen Brookins
Samuel Brookins

7-8-1929
Ralph Brookins of Milledgeville, Georgia, slightly injured early today 7-7-1929. His car overturned on clinton road.

4-7-1918
Robert J. Brookins - has been named chairman of the recently organized price fixing committee.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.