Search for content in message boards

SAMUEL TEEL ELLIS, JR., M.D. (6/15/1915-3/20/1978)

Replies: 0

SAMUEL TEEL ELLIS, JR., M.D. (6/15/1915-3/20/1978)

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 27 Dec 2012 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Ellis, Teel
Hi - I am a daughter of Samuel Teel Ellis, Jr., M.D., (son of Samuel Teel Ellis, Sr. and Mabel Genevieve North Ellis). This family line began in very early Virginia (Louisa, Orange, Pine Park, Spotsylvania, Albemarle, etc.).

I'm posting this thread in hopes of correcting some incorrect information that seems to be snowballing. The "Teel" name within this Ellis line comes from a Dr. Teel, who was a revered friend of the family. The correct spelling is Teel, NOT Teal. The misspelling started somewhere, and now it's everywhere.

Also, Samuel Teel Ellis, Jr., M.D. was born in Clay County, Missouri on June 15, 1915, NOT in Napoleon or in Lafayette County, Missouri. I have a certified copy of his birth certificate, and the place of birth is shown as Clay County. My dad always referred to his birthplace as Napoleon, because his family lived there at the time of his birth, but "officially" his birthplace is Clay County.

If you've received errant information about Dr. Ellis' birthplace or the spelling of his middle name, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for correcting it (and thanks for reading this too-long message).

Mary P. [Ellis] Daviet,
Greeley, Colorado

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.