Search for content in message boards

O' Halloran family, Barrack Street, Cork City,

Replies: 9

Re: O' Halloran family, Barrack Street, Cork City,

Posted: 25 May 2011 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Ellen,

I know my Daniel O'Halloran was definitely born in 1881. I took a look at irishgenealogy.ie, the Irish National Archives site, which has been posting church records from several counties, including Cork. People in those days moved around a good bit so you will probably find family members distributed among SS. Peter and Paul (the Middle parish) and St. Finnbarr's (South chapel or parish); both of these parishes have been posted on this website. Unfortunately, many of the (O)Hallorans were also baptised, etc., at the North Cathedral (Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Anne). Those particular records have been indexed by the Cork County Library and according to the National Archives, negotiations are under way to get them posted. These negotiations have been going on for over a year so many of us are very impatient with the situation. However, I did turn up the following; there may be more for you if you search more thoroughly than I just did (if you go to the website, you can view the church register page). While I can't as yet turn up evidence of a relationship to my John Halloran, ggf, and John Halloran, gf, I noted that there are sponsors with the names Callaghan, Sullivan, Buckley, Leary, etc., which are sponsor names on my Hallorans. Perhaps your Daniel (I) might be a cousin to my John. I persist in believing there is a relationship though I wait for proof. Perhaps if the North Cathedral records are posted, that may help. I'm in Florida so checking out the originals in Dublin is a bit difficult. Anyway, I hope these records are helpful to you and the rest of our group on this thread.

Sheila

Name DANIEL HALLORAN
Date of Birth 5 August 1878
Address 144 BANDON ROAD
Father DANIEL HALLORAN
Mother SUSAN FARRELL
Further details in the record
Recorded Parochial Area ST. FINBARR'S SOUTH, CORK

ELIZABETH ANNE HALLORAN
Date of Birth N/R N/R N/R
Address N/R
Father DANIEL HALLORAN
Mother SUSAN FARRETT
Sponsor 1 CORNELIUS BUCKLY
Sponsor 2 MARY SULLIVAN

MARY HALLORAN
Date of Birth 29 May 1876
Address N/R
Father DANIEL HALLORAN
Mother SUSAN FARRELL
Sponsor 1 MICHAEL RYAN
Sponsor 2 MARY FARRELL

Name MARY HANNAH HALLORAN
Date of Birth 29 August 1868
Address N/R
Father DANIEL HALLORAN
Mother SUSAN FARRELL
Recorded Parochial Area ST. PETER & PAUL'S, CORK
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ellencolin1 1 Feb 2004 12:52AM GMT 
Ryanohalloran... 13 May 2010 4:07PM GMT 
martinbracken 15 May 2010 9:09AM GMT 
Ryanohalloran... 13 May 2010 4:37PM GMT 
ellen1605 17 May 2010 10:44PM GMT 
hannahduncum 18 May 2011 11:04AM GMT 
sheilaohc 23 May 2011 11:51PM GMT 
ellen1605 24 May 2011 2:27PM GMT 
sheilaohc 25 May 2011 11:02PM GMT 
sheilaohc 19 May 2010 12:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.