Search for content in message boards

George Hay-Detroit, MI -Birth abt 1898, Father of a daughter in 1916

Replies: 0

George Hay-Detroit, MI -Birth abt 1898, Father of a daughter in 1916

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any information on the father of my great Aunt, Marie Adelaide Hay. She was born in Detroit June of 1916 to mother Ruth E. LeBlanc (although she may have been going by the last name Kendrick as she was living with a foster family after she was orphaned at age 4) and father George Hay, both 18 and living in Detroit. This information was obtained from Marie's baptismal certificate dated December of 1916, from St. Matthias Episcopal Church located on Grand River at W. Grand Blvd. in Detroit. Marie's baptism was witnessed by Perce and Walter Laing who also lived in Detroit lived on Linwood Ave. In 1922, it appears that Marie and her brother, Gerald Juen, were adopted by Ruth's 2nd husband, Lowell Dewey Dey, thereby changing Marie's surname from Hay to Dey (and her brother's from Gerald Juen to Dey). George Hay was never married to Ruth LeBlanc/Kendrick but the baptismal certificate indicates that George was born in the state of Michigan. I have successfully located quite a bit of information on the life of Ruth LeBlanc/Kendrick after 1916 but none on her paramour and father of her eldest child. A notation in my Aunt's personal effects (found after her death) references 'street-cars' in association with her father George Hay.

Perhaps some of this information will spark a collaborative connection with and Ancestry member(s). If so, I would love to receive a reply!

Regards -
'Manifest-Destiny', Atlanta, GA

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.