Search for content in message boards

Alexander Hay 1784-1868- Harvey Settler

Replies: 0

Alexander Hay 1784-1868- Harvey Settler

Posted: 13 Nov 2013 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2013 11:29AM GMT
Surnames: Hay
I recently made a fascinating discovery... any family tree, website, records I've seen state Alexander Hay's b'day as Aug 1, 1784 baptized on the 5th at Corn Market, Old Meeting Church, Sunderland Eng. A quick internet search reveals the names of his parents, siblings and dates.
Things didnt match up though. Alexanders grave says b.1787, census records estimate to be 1791. An exhausted search found that Alexander Hay b.1784 died when he was 2. Burial at the Holy Trinity in Sunderland. His parents had another child and also named him Alexander. He died at the age of one.
Actual records state that the Alexander and Jane Hay (pre-Canada), some of us are searching for, is infact from Shoreswood, parish of Norham and bounty of Durham, according to actual baptism records of some of his children.
I just thought I'd put this info out there because so many members have the same info and I think it's incorrect. ;)
Hope this helps! The search continues...

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.