Search for content in message boards

Daniel Johnson 1751-1854

Replies: 0

Daniel Johnson 1751-1854

Posted: 2 May 2013 9:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2013 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
I'm looking for information about the parents of my 9th great-grandfather, Daniel Johnson. Daniel was born October 10, 1751 in Leesburg, South Carolina, and died on January 10, 1854 in Copiah County, MS. I've been told that his father came to Leesburg, South Carolina from Ireland. But I don't know where in Ireland, what his parents names were, or when his father moved from Ireland to the United States. Grandpa Daniel served in the 6th Regiment during the American Revolutionary War, then later married Margaret Sallie Mann (who was also born in South Carolina) in 1794. They had one son, Clark Johnson. They eventually moved to Crystal Springs, Mississippi, which is where Grandpa Daniel died. I have other info about him, but for now I'll just leave it at what I've mentioned here, unless more info is requested/needed.
I've tried to find out more info about his parents, but I've hit a brick wall. And I can't afford a subscription here, so I'm kinda limited on what I can do/view on this site (and various other genealogy sites I've searched for this info on).

I really appreciate any info or help someone can give me! Thanks! :)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.