NIMROD KISER, Sr., Fourth son of JOSEPH KISER and SUSANNA STACY, b. 1788 in Russell County, Va, d. 1828 in Russell County, Va, married MARY "POLLY" BREEDING, b. 1796 in Virginia, d. before 1870 in Letcher County, Ky, d/o SPENCER and ELIZABETH FINNEY BREEDING. Nimrod and "Polly" lived near the Muster Ground on the Clinch River near Carbo, Virginia. Abraham Childress was granted administration of his estate on 8 Oct 1828. Inventory of his property was filed on 1 Dec 1828, and the sale bill of same was filed on 2 Dec 1828, his property having been sold on 15 Nov 1828. He is buried on a cliff on the south bank of the Clinch River, just above Carbo along with his nephiews WARREN, son of his brother Joseph, Sr., EPHRIAM and ELIJAH KISER, sons of his brother Ephriam. No tombstones have ever been erected there. "Polly" took her children to Letcher County, Ky, to be near her brother, Elisha Breeding and his family, and lived with her son Nimrod. They settled on Camp Branch of Rockhouse Creek. Her brother Elisha and his family had already moved to Ky and settled on what is now called BreedingÂ’s Creek.
Nimrod Kiser, Sr. & Mary "Polly" Breeding had 7 children:
1. ELIZABETH KISER, b. 1815 in Russell County, Va, d. ____, never married
2. WINNIE KISER, b. ____, Russell County, Va, d. ____, never married
3. GOULD KISER, b. ____, Russell County, Va, d. ____ (went to Kentucky when young, never heard from again)
4. WASHINGTON KISER, b. 1820 in Russell County, Va, never married, lived, with his brother Nimrod
5. NAMON KISER, b. 1 Jan 1822 in Russell County, Va, d. 11 Mar 1919 in Letcher County, Ky, married THURSA SYKES, b. 16 Sep 1827 in Russell County, Va, d. 4 Mar 1917 in Letcher County, Ky. Had 11 children: MARY AN; ELIHU; SAMUEL; SALAH; LETTY; JOHN; ELIZABETH; (unnamed male); MARTHA; JAMES; DORA BELL KISER There is a photo of Thursa and her grown children on the Kaiser, Kayser, Keyser Family Genealogy Web Site.
6. NIMROD KISER, Jr., b. __ ___ 1824, Russell County, Va, d. ____ in Ashland, Boyd County, Ky, married on 9 Aug 1850 in Letcher County, Ky to MARY ANN Â“POLLYÂ” SUMNER, b. Indiana, d. Ashland, Ky, d/o James and Nancy Adams Sumner. Nimrod moved his family to Boyd County, Ky sometime after the 1870 census and before the 1880 census. Had 13 children: MARTHA; JAMES; NAMON; ELIJAH; JOSEPH; NANCY; ABRAHAM; THURSA; ALLIE; SUSAN; NIMROD III; ELSIE; MARY KISER
7. MARTHA KISER, b. 1826, Russell County, Va, d. ____ - lived with her brother Nimrod until she married on 18 Dec 1850 in Letcher County, Ky to JOHN EVERAGE.
Sources: Census, Tax and Marriage records, Bible record. Books: Some Descendants of John Counts of Glade Hollow and Pioneer Recollections, both by E. J. Sutherland.