Search for content in message boards

Winifred Tew, Florence Tew, Carolina Tew

Replies: 0

Winifred Tew, Florence Tew, Carolina Tew

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buckingham, Tew, Benbow, Stokes
I am trying to find more information about Winifred Lousia Tew (dob 10/31/1888), her sister Carolina Eliza Annie Tew and Florence Ada Victoria Tew. They also had a brother who died in WWI. There father was Frederick Tew and their mother was Annise Stokes.

I am the great grand daughter of Winifred. This is what little information I might know:

They were all born in England and Winifred and Florence Tew came to Edmondton/Alberta Canada. Carolina Tew remained in England. There may have been additional Tew siblings but we are currently unaware of them.

Florence Ada Victoria Tew moved to Canada from England shortly after her sister Winifred Louisa Tew and later married Jack Benbow and they had two childre, I believe were boys; Jack and Henry.

Winifred later married George Buckingham and they had two daugthers; Mary and Winifred. Later they moved to Seattle, Washington around the 1920's.

George Buckingham (my great grand father), also was born in England and after marrying my great grandmother Winifred Lousia Tew, moved to Canada, following his two older brothers; Alfred Buckingham and Robert Buckingham. He also had a sister, name unknown, that remained in England.

Robert Buckingham married a woman named Elizabeth and they had two children (boy/girl) and remained in Canada.

Alfred Buckingham eventually married but I am unsure of details. Alfred Buckingham left Canada and headed to California where he became a practicing Lutheran Minister/Pastor. He may actually have ministered in a Lutheran church in West Seattle, WA for a brief period of time between Canada and California.

Again, I am the great grand daughter of Winifred Louisa Tew and George Buckingham and the grand daughter of Mary Buckingham.

Any information would be so very greatly helpful.
(briefspace@hotmail.com)

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.