Search for content in message boards

Gregory ancestors in KY VA

Gregory ancestors in KY VA

Darlene Lister (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 11:41AM GMT
Looking for info on ancestor links to my great-great grandfather Miles Gregory b. about 1812 KY (wife: Mary Polly or Polley). Miles' parents were Hiram Gregory (born VA) Mary Logston. Miles' wife's parents were James Bell Peggy Troxell. Appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Kentucky Gregorys

Posted: 23 Sep 2000 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 12:34AM GMT
I don't have the specific information you requested, but my Grandmother's maiden name was Gregory. She was born on Sept 6, 1881 in Wayne County, Kentucky and was the daughter of Mordecai and Nancy (Mathis)Gregory. She was Nancy (Gregory) McCook. She married Albert Hamilton McCook on July 23, 1902 at Locke, Arkansas. She died in Mountainburg Arkansas on July 2, 1967
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2004 4:44AM GMT
Darlene/Jarel The Wayne Co Ky 1850 Census has all these GREGORY. I too am descendent of Mordacai/Hayden/Shelby/William If you have trouble making connections e mail me direct. RGreg2080@aol.com
Darlene/Jarel The Wayne Co Ky 1850 Census has all these GREGORY. I too am descendent of Mordacai/Hayden/Shelby/William If you have trouble making connections e mail me direct. RGreg2080@aol.com

Gregory

Darlene Lister (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 8:31AM GMT
Thanks, Jarel R., for information offered. I'd accessed the 1850 Wayne Cty (WC) KY census, but it doesn't have the information, of course, that I'm seeking. I'm looking for information on Miles Gregory's grandparents, such as where they were born, etc. Miles Gregory b. 1812 KY is s. of Hiram Gregory b. 1784 VA (m. Mary Logston 13 Aug 1807 WC KY)who in turn is s. of Edward Gregory b. 1756. Edward Gregory lived in VA, but was he born there? His wife? Her name? Where, when was she born? That's the sort of information I'm seeking. Appreciate any information anyone has to share or any tips they have on how to proceed from this point. It's possible Edward Gregory was born in England, there being three Edward Gregorys born there in 1756, but I've yet to find anything linking any of these Edward Gregorys as father of Hiram (1784) and grandfather of Miles(1812).

Gregory's/Salt Lick/Morehead,Ky

Gregory's / Salt Lick area/Morehead,KY (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 7:10PM GMT
Any help on this side of my family?
Posted: 13 Jun 2001 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:26PM GMT
HI darlene
check out (griffin gregory sr.born 1784.
also check steven gregory (capt.)In his line there is a lot of the names you are looking for. if you need any more help e=mail me i have a lot of info. that might help you. i am kin to so many people out there that it keeps knocking my socks off ha but its a lot of fun to find all this info.
my e=mail is if you need me isBANNYROOSTER37@AOL.COM
danny light

Re: GREGORY

JANET (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2001 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GREGORY/BENTLEY
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE GREGORYS' MY GREGORY FAMILY IS FROM MECKLENBURG CO. VA, AND WASHINGTON CO. KY. SMITH GREGORY IS SUSAN OR SUSANNAH GREGORY.IN A LETTER THAT A GG AUNT HAD WRITTEN, SHE MENTIONED THAT MY GG GRANDMOTHER HAD NEVER DRESSED HERSELF UNTIL THE DAY AFTER SHE MARRIED JAMES THOMAS BENTLEY. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS FAMILY. DO YOU KNOW OF THESE PEOPLE? WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO SUSANNAH/SUSANS' SIBLINGS WERE.

Re: GREGORY

Deborah Shillo (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2003 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if this is they same family?
Descendants of James F. Gregory

1 James F. Gregory
.. +Julia E. West b: Abt. 1861 m: April 21, 1885 in Boyle Co., KY Father: James West Mother: Mary A. Raines
....... 2 Henry Gregory
....... 2 Julian Gregory
....... 2 Hugh Brown Gregory d. Washington Co.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.