Search for content in message boards

Stark/ Pokarney relatives

Stark/ Pokarney relatives

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2011 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Stark, Pokarney
I am searching for relatives of the Stark and Pokarney family of the Fromberg, MT. area. My father was born in Edgar,Mt.1924, My great grandfather was born in Darmstadt,Germany in 1846 died in 1892 in Ohio. Please feel free to contact me at walleyehead@aol.com

Re: Stark/ Pokarney relatives

Posted: 12 May 2011 7:00PM GMT
Hi,

this is the board for the old historic region of Bohemia (crownland of the Austro-Hungarian empire).

Is your search in some way linked to Bohemia? If not, we should move that query over to the appropriate board (Germany somewhere).

Regards
Tilman

Posted: 13 May 2011 1:07AM GMT
I would just remove it but I don't see where to delete my post.

Posted: 13 May 2011 10:06AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2011 10:07AM GMT
Mike,

I saw that there's another thread covering the subject.

Being logged into the Ancestry/Rootsweb page (as is necessary for posting a message) you can, since some time, also delete your personal messages. There are two different links for this just below your message, which you'll have to click.

Alternatively click on the Report Abuse link and just ask to have your posts deleted. No problem here since no real discussion sofar has been started.

Regards
Tilman

Posted: 15 May 2011 6:11PM GMT
Hi

You are here right too. Pokorny is Bohemian surname.

Tony.

Posted: 15 May 2011 8:55PM GMT
Thank you Tony. I believe as is Yedlicka which I don't have posted but recently found out is a part of my tree also. Pokarney/Yedlicka/Storck (Stark).

Posted: 16 May 2011 12:28PM GMT
Hi,

of course it's ok, if a poster decides to post to a specific board. In the end, this really is his/her decision.

The reason I asked for Bohemian connections was what I read in the first message:
"My great grandfather was born in Darmstadt,Germany in 1846"

While Pokarney/Pokorny or now Yedlicka/Jedliczka indeed ARE Bohemian surnames, it's reasonable to post queries to the locational board (or also a surname board) where one can expect appropriate help for a specific question. We here won't be able to give much support for e.g. finding churchbooks in Darmstadt, Germany ;-)

So, my suggestion for walleyehead is, to post to the appropriate German board. Here it would be http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.germany.hesse...

Regards
Tilman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.