Search for content in message boards

Allison - Grundy county

Allison - Grundy county

Karen Rutledge (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2002 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allison
I have a copy of a marriage license for my greatgrandmother -Anna Richardson Allison that lists her place of birth as Brounsville, Grundy County, Illinois. She was born 6-20-1888. The license is hand written and difficult to read. I can't find a record of this town. Can anyone help? Her father was James Allison, born in England. Her mother was Agnes Frew Allison, born in Scotland. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Allison - Grundy county

Lea Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 10:27PM GMT
That word is Braceville, Braceville Twp, Grundy Co, IL.

Elizabeth Allison, second child, was born 17 Jan 1886, in Braceville--parents James Allison, 29, born England, a miner and Agnes Frew, b. Scotland, no age given.

There was a delayed birth certificate for Anna Shaw Allison, certificate no. 5629 (see 1942 files). I don't know if that is your Anna Richardson Allison or not.

It wasn't required to record births until 1916.

Lea

K. Rutledge (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 2:34AM GMT
Thanks for the information. Her sister Elizbeth was born May,1886 and a brother Emerson was born Sept, 1884. Do you know if it's possible to get copies of those birth certificates?

Lea Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2002 3:00AM GMT
I have a copy of Elizabeth Allison, daughter of James Allison. Emerson and Anna have no birth certificates. Send your address directly to my E-mail address lsharp@nmu.net, and I will send you a copy of the birth certificate for Elizabeth.

Lea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.