Search for content in message boards

KIRTONs of Tilehurst and Burghfield, Berkshire, England

KIRTONs of Tilehurst and Burghfield, Berkshire, England

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 May 2002 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: KIRTON, DUFFIN, HUNT, WOODISON, LOVEGROVE, SOUTH
Seeking to confirm info I have on the KIRTON, KERTON, KEARTON, KIERTON, CURTAIN, etc. family of Burghfield (C1600- 1700, back to Griffin KIRTON, father of Elnor b 1608, William b 1611, Mary (Marie) b 1613, and Richard b 1620), and Tilehurst (1700 onwards), and to gather more info. Anyone else researching this line?

Re: KIRTONs of Tilehurst and Burghfield, Berkshire, England

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: Kirton/Butler connection?
Hi Jay! I am looking for My Butler family in the same area and I have a Sarah Kirton who married a Thomas Butler in the late 1800's-they had 8 children. I don't know much about her but if she is one of your Kirtons I would appreciate any info? Thanks a lot!

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: KIRTON, SOUTH, LOVEGROVE, WOODISON, HUNT, DUFFIN
Hi Lynn! I have a Sarah KIRTON chr 30/8/1874 dau of Soloman chr 21/7/1833 and Mary Ann KIRTON. Sarah's siblings included Louisa Charlotte 26/9/1858, William 9/6/1867, and Thomas Frederic 31/10/1874.
I haven't followed Sarah's line further as she's not a direct ancestor, but Soloman's parents are: they're William KIRTON 3/9/1797 and Rachel HUNT, m 26/12/1818.
If you think this is your Sarah I can send you KIRTON details back to 1600 as gleaned from the IGI, but I haven't checked them against Parish Records, etc.

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 6:07PM GMT
Hi Jay!
Thanks very much for info on Sarah. The dates pretty much match my Sarah, but to be honest it's the Butler line I'm tracing, my g.grandfather married a Sarah Kirton and it looks like she could be the one! I just can't seem to get any further back but this will help a lot. Good luck with your search and thanks again!
Lynn.

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 10:27PM GMT
Hi Jay, I have found more info on my Kurtons from Tilehurst and my Sarah was chr.24 June 1877, daughter of John and Mary Kurton.Numerous siblings:-Joseph, William, John, Frederick and twins Emily Louisa chr.28 Oct 1875, died Feb 1877 and Thomas William.In the 1881 census they were living next door to an Emund and Alice Kurton.Do you have anything on these?Anything appreciated! Thanks....Lynn.

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 10:30PM GMT
Hi Jay, I have found more info on my Kurtons from Tilehurst and my Sarah was chr.24 June 1877, daughter of John and Mary Kurton.Numerous siblings:-Joseph, William, John, Frederick and twins Emily Louisa chr.28 Oct 1875, died Feb 1877 and Thomas William.In the 1881 census they were living next door to an Emund and Alice Kurton.Do you have anything on these?Anything appreciated! Thanks....Lynn.

Sandra Vickers (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2003 6:16PM GMT
Having read your posting I wonder if the Frederick Kirton you mentioned was in fact my grandfather although by the time of his marriage the name had become Kurton. He married a Louisa Swain who had been married before to a Mr Fuller and they lived in City Road, Tilehurst. Unfortunately I am not having much luck tracing this side of my family as there is no one to ask anymore. If you have any information perhaps you can email me please.

Thanks

Sandra Vickers

Posted: 9 Feb 2005 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Having read your posting Re:KIRTONSs of Tilehurst and Burghfield Berkshire England.I am related to the KIRTONS who lived in City Road Tilehurst.Louisa Fuller ( Swain) was my fathers mother. Thomas was my father and had sisters Ivy and Alice.
Louisa then remarried (KIRTON) and had children Joe, Fred and Phyllis.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.