Search for content in message boards

Maria HARRISON born 1859 New Zealand

Maria HARRISON born 1859 New Zealand

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 8:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARRISON and PARKER
I am looking for information about my great grandmother, Maria HARRISON. She was born in Auckland New Zealand in 1859. Her parents were James HARRISON and Sarah PARKER. Maria married Thomas EARNELL in Victoria Australia on 24 January 1878. They had 6 children:-
William Percie St Clair born 1879
Florence born 1882
Tom born and died 1886
Frederick Arthur Stubbs born 1887
Catherine Mary Harriet (my grandmother) born 5/1/1891
Francis Reginald Norman born 1895

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Maria HARRISON born 1859 New Zealand

Posted: 19 Dec 2001 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison and Parker Families
Hi Dallas
Noticed your message, My G Grand father John Toward Harrison b 1852, who was married to Sarah Harrison nee Bandy b 1855 born Mt Moriac Victoria Australia had a daughter Emma Sarah "Emm" b 1880 @ Donald Victoria married Richard "Dick"Parker b 1871 Framingham , his parents being Richard and Margaret "Maggie" Parker nee Guiney.
I am completing the Harrison side of the reseach (the Harrison were from the Durham area in England)
I have a further contact with Emma and Richard Parkers granddaughter if your require same
Any information re Harrison or associated families I would appreciate- hope to have re union 2002
John Moloney
jredmoloney@hotmail.com

Posted: 20 Dec 2001 9:40PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: HARRISON; PARKER
Hi John,

I don't think our two HARRISON/PARKER families are related. My Sarah PARKER was married to James HARRISON and their daughter Maria was born in 1859. So I don't see how the Sarah in your family line is the same one. However if you feel there could be some connection, let me know and I will give you what I know, which is very little. I wish it was the same branch, as I would love to go to a family reunion!!!!!

Cheers
Dallas

kevin and lynne (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 3:13AM GMT
It is posible that your Sarah parker could be the sister of my gr.gr.grandfather Henry Parker. Let me know if you know of a Henry in Sarah's family.
Regards,
lynne and kevin.

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 3:28AM GMT
Hi Lynne and Kevin,

Unfortunately I have no idea who was in Sarah PARKER's family. I am awaiting Maria HARRISON's birth certificate from New Zealand and that should give me a bit more info on her parents, Sarah PARKER and James HARRISON.

Cheers
Dallas

kevin and lynne (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 3:46AM GMT
Hi Dallas,
if you find that your Sarah Parker's second name was Smith and that she was born in 1842, it will be the same Parker family as mine and I would be happy to exchange family information with you.
We are going away for a short holiday tomorrow ,but look forward to hearing from you.
'
Cheers,
Lynne and kevin.

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 3:53AM GMT
Hi Lynne,

I do have a little information about Sarah.

She and James HARRISON were Irish, Catholic, and she was destined for the Church to be a nun, but she had met her James, so the only way she could marry was to sign over her inheritance to the Church. But sometime after this, they stopped being practising catholics. James was a master mariner captain and had his own sailing ship which they decided to sell and take berths on a ship going to NZ. The captain of this ship got paralytic half the time and James sailed the ship.

He became a surveyor after giving up the sea and surveyed a lot of NZ. They used to go out in camps, taking Maria with them.

Maria had a sister called Kate who married a man called Jack Winter and they lived in Nelson in NZ where he owned hotels.

Don't know if this will be any help.
Cheers
Dallas - Rockhampton Qld Australia (where are you???)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.