Search for content in message boards

Arthur Keele Will

Arthur Keele Will

Steven L. Prince (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: KEELE, KEEL
Will of Arthur Keele of Oxford, England (British Area Film #095096)
Page 116
"In the name of God Amen I Arthur Keele Joyner of City of Oxon do make and ordain this to be my last will and Testament Imprimis. I recommend my soul to the most High who gave it, and Commit my body to the ground to be decently buried at the Discretion of my Executrix hereinafter named, And as for my worldly Effects which it hath pleased God to possess me of, I Do dispose of them in manner and form Following first I do give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Mary Keele all that I shall now die possess'd of real and personal Good Chattles Implements Money and all belonging and appertaining to me for her sole"
Page 117
"sole proper use, and after her decease should she die possess'd of any Effects for her to dispose of the same to my son John Keele or to my Grandchildren as she think fit, And I do Constitute Nominate and appoint the said Mary to be my full and sole Executrix and I do revoke disanul and make void all other Wills from or by me made and to this my present last Will and Testament I have hereunto set my hand and seal this seventh day of Decr. in the 32 year of his present Majesty's reign and in the Year of our Lord God One thousand seven hundred and fifty Eight Arthur Keele (symbol with two letters inside of circle) sealed signed being the last Will and Testament of Mr Arthur Keele in the presence of us whose names are under written Christian Wilkins & Elizabeth Turner & K Wyatt.
This Will was proved at Oxford on the Twelfth day of July in the Year of our Lord One thousand seven hundred and seventy one before the Reverend Samuel Forster Clark Doctor of Laws Surrogate of the Reverend Daniel Burton Doctor in Divinity Vicar General Official Principal and Commipay(?) of the Right Reverend Father in God Robert by Divine Commission Lord Bishop of Oxford lawfully constituted by the oath of Mary Keele widow the Relict of the deceased and sole Executrix herein named to whom administration was granted being first sworn duly to administrator ·/·" 131

Arthur Keele

Steven L. Prince (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Keele

The will was written in 1758 and Arthur died in 1777. Based on when he entered his apprenticeship, I suspect Arthur was born in the mid 1690's.

arthur keele

cathy davis (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: keele
What is the year of this will? Arthur's birth year, etc?
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2006 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: KEELE, ZADOC
With the date for Sarah and her first child she was under 12 when he was born.

Arthur Keele

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 2:49PM GMT
Information in my files show Arthur Keele was born in either ca.1703 or ca. 1715 in England (depending on source). He married Sarah Monote (Monnote) born ca. 1719, England. They came to America in 1747 to Delaware then Wythe County, Virginia, then Henry County, Virginia.

This is not my research -- Was done in the Shelton book and by Al Rhods. I have children of Arthur if you are interested.

Personally, I believe he had a second wife because there are 22 years between his third and fourth children, but no one has reported a second wife.

Arthur Keele

Lee Gibson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Maybe this was his second wife instead of his first.

Re: Arthur Keele Will

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
What is the source for this will? or search strategy. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Arthur Keele

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Keele.
Hi,
Could you send the info on Arthur's children. Did Arthur have a son or brother named William?. I was told that my William Keele came from Wythe Co Va,and into Coffee/Bedford/Rutherford Co's of TN. His daughter,my GGGmother Rhoda Keele married Jacob Coffelt.

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 1:07AM GMT
Your Rev. William Keele was the son of Richard and Lydia Richmond Keele. John D. Ewell wrote a book about him in 1884 - "Life of Rev. William Keele." I am a descendant of his sister, Sarah Keele Rushing. I have DAR and First Family of TN memberships for Richard Keele.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Bost,Chadwick,Choate,Coffelt,Keele,Moreland,Lankford,seitz,Vaughn.
Hey cuzn Betty,
That is my GGGGparents. What is the DAR Membership?.

Do you have info on some of our Keele line also went by the name Keel still in VA.

Roy.

Researching, Bast,Bost,Bond,Chadwick,Choate ect,Coffelt,Goodhartd,Hodgin ect,Keele,
Moreland,Langford,Lankford,Richmond,Seitz,
Sitz,Sides,Vaughan,Vaughn,Wilson.

Connected families, Poe,Tate,Nunly,Lockhart,Evans,Meeks,
Thompson,McCorkle,King,Dugan,Shadrick,Walker,Dove,Hatfield,
Street,Lawson,Hill,Harrison,Harp,Blue?,Calloway?,Gilliam?,Bull?,maybe Brown,and Sanders,and many more..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.