Search for content in message boards

Harrington's Cheshire Twp

Harrington's Cheshire Twp

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2002 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Harrington,Mack, Pierce, Sabin
My greatgrandmother's name was Rosella Harrington. I believe the family came from New York about 1868.

She had at least 2 sisters. Ada, who married George Sabin and Mabel or Mae who married Llewelyn Pierce (Lew)

I believe their faher's name was Joseph L. Harrinton and their mother's name was Roxanna?.

I found the family in the 1870 census of Cheshire Twp.

Rosella married a Sherwood and had at least 1 son, my grandfather. His name was Henry Sherwood.

She later married a John Mack.

Anyone have any information on these people?

Pat

Re: Harrington's Cheshire Twp

Art Parker (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Harrington, Armstrong, Sherwood
Hi Pat,

I was really pleased to read your message as I'm also researching the Joseph L. Harrington family of Allegan Co., MI. Your great-grandmother Rosella was the step-daughter of Joseph, although she is called "Harrington" in 1870 Cheshire. Her mother, the former Roxalana Armstrong of Steuben Co., NY, was married circa 1860 to Otis Sherwood, and daughter Rosella was born before Otis entered the Union Army. The family was enumerated in Avoca, Steuben Co., in June 1865 (state census), when "Rosilla" was four years old. On 13 Jan 1866, Roxalana married (2nd) her first cousin, Joseph Harrington. A daughter (Theressa, a.k.a. Jane) was born in NY before the family relocated to Allegan Co. in 1867; children Ada, Fred, and May were born in Michigan.

I'm related to this family through the Armstrongs, and have acquired a lot of information on the ancestry of your great-great-grandmother Roxalana. I'll gladly share what I've learned, and would be grateful for any details on the life and descendants of Rosilla and her half-siblings (Ada Sabin, May Pierce, etc.). Thanks for posting!

Art

Nancy Page (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2005 1:11AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2005 12:12PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington
Would these people be descendants of Jesse Harrington?

Patricia Halstead (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2005 11:05PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2005 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington, Armstrong
Indirectly. Jesse was the father of Esther Harrington, who married Andrew Armstrong and James Armstrong. Esther also had a brother, Jesse Harrington Jr. Roxalane Armstrong, sister of Andrew and James, also married a Harrington, Joseph L. I'm not sure if there is a connection between Joseph and Jesse. All originally came to Allegan County from Steuben County, New York after the Civil War

Nancy Page (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2005 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington, Fargo
Esther Harrington was also married to David Fargo with whom she had one child , a son Thomas Edwin. David fled to parts unknown( with a son from a previous marriage) and we are not certain Esther was actually married to him.

Patricia Halstead (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 4:50AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2005 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington, Cramner, Crammer
Nancy,

Email me. Roxalana Armstrong Harrington was my 2nd great-grandmother. I have a lot of information on this family.

Esther was also married to a Cramner or Crammer. I have not been able to find her obit.

Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.