Search for content in message boards

Parish of Abernethy & Kincardine in Invernesshire

Parish of Abernethy & Kincardine in Invernesshire

M. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant
Can anyone do a search for the parish of Abernethy&
Kincardine in Inverness-shire? I am trying to find info on a Donald Grant who married a Marjory Grant in abt 1776. I also thought he was born in that area. I am so tried of standing with my nose against this brick wall and sure hope someone out there can help me to get past it :-)

Re: Parish of Abernethy & Kincardine in Invernesshire

Posted: 12 Apr 2005 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant/Falconer/McKinnon
The Donald Grant in our family married Mary (Marjorie) Falconer about 1774. I am the 8th generation and all my Grants are in and around Inverness, particularly Tomnahrick Bridge. Donald Grant was born between 1735-1759 in Scotland. They had 5 children-Alexander Grant b. 1782 d. 1862 Tomnahurick Bridge/Donald Grant b. 1775 Vester Keys/ William Grant b. 1977, Vester Keys/ Margory Grant b. 1791 Bechan and Duncan Grant b. 1795 Tordavach, SCT
The oldest, Alexander Grant, b.1782 and died in Tomnahurick Bridge in 1862. He married Ann (Nanny) McKinnon in 1804. She was daughter of Lachlan McKinnon and Catherine Ross. They had 7 children and I have it all documented down the line. I can trace several Grants from then on but have a dead end when it comes to my great grandfather James William Grant b 1868. He married Jane Montgomery in 1894. My Papa, Hugh Black McCorquodale Grant b. 1899 in Clydebank, was one of their 3 children. His older brother has been lost in our research. His name was James Grant and we know he had a son named Hamish Grant before his wife, Nora, and he left Scotland and lived in South Africa. We've lost touch with that whole family and would love to make contact with Hamish's relatives. My mom last saw Hamish at a zoo in Johanesburg South Africa in 1944.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.