Search for content in message boards

Troyer's Flats in Norfolk Co.

Troyer's Flats in Norfolk Co.

Posted: 20 Feb 2002 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Dec 2005 8:21PM GMT
Surnames: TROYER, HOLLY
Does anyone know where Troyer's Flats was located and if it is still in existance? Also, I am researching the family of Michael and Mary Holly Troyer who settled in Walsingham Twp. as early as 1809. Is anyone else researching this family?
Doris Blackburn Morley

Re: Troyer's Flats in Norfolk Co.

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 11:20PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2002 7:40PM GMT
Dr. John Troyer settled on a flat of land a mile and a half east of the village of Port Rowen, Ontario, known as the Long Point Settlement, consisted of Norfolk County, on north shore of Lake Erie and had a arm of land extending out into the lake. In those days this was an island but in later years a storm closed the gap and it became a peninsula.
G. Becker
Red Deer Alberta Canada

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2005 8:21PM GMT
Thanks so much for the information, Gordon. I truly appreciate it! Doris Morley

Posted: 12 Mar 2002 6:17PM GMT
Hello, I am also doing research on this family Michael and Mary's daughter Sophronia is in my line. You can e mail me at cwick_m@yahoo.com.
Melissa

Lianne Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2002 11:42PM GMT
Michael Morley. i have just started researching him. I know he was born in Essex England around 1828 and died in 1891 in York county E. Gwillenbury, Ontario. He married a Rachel ...... Any conection with your Morleys?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.