Search for content in message boards

Peter & Catherine Shaffer, PA

Peter & Catherine Shaffer, PA

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2005 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Gray, Shaffer
I am looking for Margaret Shaffer who married Robert Gray about 1815 in Pennsylvnia. Robert Gray lived in Juniata/Mifflin Co. I think that Margaret's parents were Peter and Catherine (Albert) Shaffer. They may have lived in Lancaster Co.

I am also looking for Rebecca Shaffer, parents unknown, who married Robert's father, James Gray, 1788, supposedly in Chester Co., PA. I think that Rebecca and Margaret are probably related outside of their marriages.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn

Re: Peter & Catherine Shaffer, PA

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you know any of her sisters? I am looking for a Rhoda Shaffer b. 1797 in Pa...ended up in Iowa with husband.

Re: Peter & Catherine Shaffer, PA

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2005 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer
No, sorry, I don't know of any sisters, or any other family members.

Peter SHAEFFER (1750-1848) of Lancaster, PA

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer, Schaffer, Shaeffer, Schaeffer, Shafer, Schafer, Albert, Derr, Doerr
Peter SHAEFFER was born 2 Feb 1750 and died 8 May 1848. He married Catharina ALBERT (born Jun 1762, died 2 Aug 1812).

I know of one daughter of this marriage (Mary Magdalena SHAEFFER) born 22 Dec 1783. Your Margaret SHAFFER may be yet another one.

I don't know ancestry of Peter SHAEFFER (Peter SHAFFER).

Catharina ALBERT's parents are John Philip ALBERT (Johann Phillip ALBERT) and Maria Regina DERR (Maria Regina DOERR).

Do you have any additional information on Margaret SHAFFER?

Al Chaput

Re: Peter SHAEFFER (1750-1848) of Lancaster, PA

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Gray, Shaeffer, Shaffer
Al,

The info I have is that Margaret Shaffer was born Oct 28, 1790 in Elizabethtown, Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania, and died Aug 21, 1877 in Waldron, Shelby Co., Indiana. She married Robert Gray in 1814, probably in Elizabethtown, but don't have the exact date or place. I have her obits, as well as a lot of data on her descendants.

They lived for a while in Lack Twp., Mifflin Co., PA, then migrated to Preble Co., OH, eventually winding up in Shelby Co., IN. There were 4 Gray brothers who went west. Robert was the brother of my ancestor, Samuel Gray.

I would really like to find more info on Peter's family. Robert & Samuel's father married a Rebecca Shaffer (in 1788, supposedly in Chester Co., PA), and I think that Margaret and Rebecca are probably related.

Thank you for the info on Catherine's parents. Let me know if you'd like more info on Robert Gray's descendants.

Peter SHAEFFER (1750-1848) of Lancaster, PA

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Shaeffer, Schaffer, Schaeffer, Shaffer, Schafer, Shafer
Peter SHAEFFER's obit is in the Lancaster Examiner and Herald (17 May 1848).

Also Peter SHAEFFER served three tours of duty in the Revolutionary War and fought in "The Battle of Brandywine."

Posted: 16 Feb 2007 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: Sheaffer
Peter Sheaffer was born on February 2, 1750/51 in Philadelpia County (now Montgomery CO). He died March 5, 1848. He married Anna Catharine Albert who was born on June 17, 1762 and died August 2, 1812. Peter's family lived in Mt Joy Township, Lancaster CO, PA. Peter's brother, Jacob, is my line. I would be happy to share more with you if you don't already have this info (where he is buried etc). Barb

Posted: 16 Feb 2007 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: SHAEFFER, Albert
Barb,

Thank you so much for responding to my query. I have the following info on Anna Catherine Albert, which has a different DOB:

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=cuatro..., 6/5/2002:

Name: Anna Catherina Albert
Sex: F
Birth: 4 Jul 1762 in Lancaster Co., PA
Death: 4 Aug 1812 in Elizabethtown, Mt. Joy Twp., Lancaster Co., PA

Father: Johannes Phillip Albert b: 10 Jan 1733/34 in Eschau, Germany
Mother: Maria Regina Doerr b: 2 Feb 1735/36 in Germany

Marriage 1 Peter Schaeffer

Married: 1778
Do you know which is correct?

For Peter I have, which also has a different DOB for Catherine:

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=appygr..., 6/5/2002:

Name: Peter Shaeffer 1
Sex: M
Birth: 2 FEB 1750/51 1
Death: 8 MAY 1848 in Elizabethtown, Lancaster, PA, USA 1
Burial: UNKNOWN Lutheran Cem., Elizabethtown, PA 1
Change Date: 30 JUL 1999 1
Note:

[Evelynberg.FTW]

Peter served three tours of duty in the Revolutionary War under Washington and fought in the "Battle of Brandywine".

In his obit in the Lancaster Examiner & Herald, 17 May 1848 it says his father was killed by Indians, His sister was taken captive by the savages, while being held for 7 years she married one of her captors.

Marriage 1 Catharina Albert b: JUN 1762

Children

1. Mary Magdalena Shaeffer b: 22 DEC 1783 in Elizabethtown, Lancaster, PA, USA

Do you have any relatives named Rebecca Shaffer b. 1763?

Please contact me at carolyn dot hoffman at verizon dot net.

Carolyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.