Search for content in message boards

COULTER MARTIN WIBLE

COULTER MARTIN WIBLE

John Brown (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information related to MARTIN, WIBLE, and COULTER from Washington county. I have limited names in the late 1800's and need to connect. Washington County, Indiana connection.
Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2001 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
I have a full record of Martins in Washington County, In back to 1770. Maybe I can help

Martin Ancestors

Betty Cambern (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, DePuy
We are researching my husbands family. He is a direct descendant of William W. Martin, DD, Presbyterian minister in Livonia, Washington County, Indiana. For over 30 years he preached at the Martin Church starting about 1810. He married Susan Lawson DePuy in 1810 and is shown on the 1820 census with their first four daughters. We have the names of all of their children but don't have information about his parents. We heard that his mother's name was Catherine Wilson from Bourbon County, Kentucky. We don't know if that is correct. We would really appreciate any information about his parents. Thank you.

John L. Martin

Jane A. Stone (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
I am looking for the parents of my great grandfather, Albert Craven Martin. His Civil War Pension records show that he was born in Harrison County, Indiana. I came across this possible hit in Washington County, Indiana 1850 census.
This would have been his age at the time (9). A few years after this census was taken his father John L. Martin (95th entry on the census) moved his family further west. Apparently there was an accident at one of the river crossings and the family was lost. Everyone except my grandfather Albert C. Martin. He is listed in the 1860 Muscatine, Iowa Census. Have you any information about this family? I would like to know if I am on the right track. Thank you

Tamson Elizabeth Martin

Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Barnard
Would you have anyone named Tamson Elizabeth Martin who married Amos Barnard possibly in Washington Co, IN around 1850-1860, in your listing? Thank you, Joy

MARTIN info

Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2005 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: MARTIN, HEACOCK, STANDISH
I have been looking for a John MARTIN b. 7/11/1780 in Kentucky and married Patsy ?. Must have moved to Washington Co. because their son Merritt S. MARTIN was born there in 1820. He married Julia Ann STANDISH and their daughter Clara Alice married Foster HEACOCK. Would you know of this John MARTIN? Thanks.

Martin, DePuy

Terry Peterson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, DePuy
I don't know if you have had any help on this yet but I do
know that William W Martin was a minister and lived in Washington Co. IN He is buried in Livonia Cemetary I have seen his stone. Yes, his mother was Catherine Wilson but I do not know were she was from but I do know her husband was Jacob Martin.
I hope this helped a little if you need anything else just email me.

Re: Martin Ancestors

Rob Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Cambern, Depuy, Jessup
Dear Betty,

I trust you have had a few replies to this posting over the years, but in case you haven't:

Parents of William Wilson Martyn (or Martin) I have as Jacob Alexander Martin b. 1749 in Ireland, d. 1828 Livonia Washington Co. IN

married Catherine Wilson b. 1752 Dublin Ireland d. 12/18/1817 near Paris Burbon, KY.

I have recently inherited my grandmother Helen Cambern's extensive records and I'm having a grand time updating her charts. I'd love to get in touch to compare Cambern, Depuy, Jessup notes.

Rob Morrison
Concord MA
Posted: 14 Aug 2003 8:57PM GMT
Do you have a Stephen J.Martin b1850 in Indiana. Was in Michigan by 1880. Any info you could give me would be helpful. Thank You in advance. Lois

Re: Martin Ancestors

Jan Pounds (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2003 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Wilson
I am researching my Martin ancestors in Washington County, Indiana. I have very little information on them. Jacob Martin m.Catherine Wilson and died in Washington Co. in 1828. His son, Alexander, I have. I do not have his wife's name nor his children. If you can help me with this information I would be very grateful. Where did Jacob Martin immigrate from?

Thanks!!
Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.