Search for content in message boards

Dennis Downing--- Kentucky

Dennis Downing--- Kentucky

Posted: 10 Feb 2000 10:42AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2002 1:07AM GMT
Found Dennis Downing married Polly Davis in Bourbon Co., Kentucky on 5 Sept.1805. Polly Davis father is William Davis. Can not find Dennis father. Dennis and Polly moved to Clinton Co. Ohio. their son is Dennis, born in Clinton Co. Ohio.

Dennis Downing-Kentucky

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 6:26AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:08PM GMT
Interested to see your information on Dennis Downing of Kentucky. That he had a son named Dennis is of interest to me, because I have a gggggrandfather Dennis Downing, who married Margaret and settled in Clinton County, MO, where their daughter Rebecca Jane was born in 1845. This could be a relation. If this clicks, I would be happy to hear from you.

Message #139

Mary J Gross (Chinn) (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 2:48PM GMT
Rebecca Jane (Aunt Becky) was my g-aunt plus other sibs of Arthur Newton Chinn(my g-father)had three wives. My father, is Delford Leroy Chinn, etc Any kin?

Arthur Chinn

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 4:07PM GMT
I have an Arthur Chinn that married my grandmother's sister, Ella Scharer. She was from Staten Is., NY I believe and possibly originally from Germany. They had 4 children.
Susan, Arnold, Arthur (Jr.) Ella. They were married in 1904. Ella Scharer was born about 1885.

Arthur, message 450

Mary Jeanne (Chinn) Gross (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 9:42AM GMT
Read your posting, looked at my family tree list, no Arthur there, do I not know just what you are looking for...I'm in MO, a small town where quite a few Chinns settled, and there is a genealogy group here. did you need more info?

Rebecca Jane Downing

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Downing Church Davis Wilkinson
You said Rebecca Jane was your g-aunt, which was your direct line. Mine is Matthew. He married Susan Jane Wilkinson.

Re: Rebecca Jane Downing

Mary J Gross (chinn) (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 7:46PM GMT
Don't think those names match.....possible coincidence the Rebecca name? Descendant around 1669 was Thomas Chynn, my gr-father Chinn's sisters were Rebecca,(1879-1957) married Wm Crosby,other siblings ; Lou Ann, Mary Belle Maudie, Rene. Any other info just write my address
Other close of Downing is Charles Downman Chinn, m Scythia Davis, 1753-1759.
Christopher Downman Chinn, d 1770
Elijah Downman Chinn, d 1771
St Mary's White chapel still exists in Lancaster Cty Va, on hwy 3 near Morattico

Re: Rebecca Jane Downing

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 4:14PM GMT
Sorry it did not work out . Happy hunting.
Lorrie

Re: Dennis Downing-Kentucky

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 7:06PM GMT
My ggrandmother was Rebecca Jane Downing, daughter of Dennis and Margaret of whom you speak. I would love to contact with you to share information on the family. How is Rebecca related to you and through which child, if she is a grandparent back a ways? LOVE to hear from you.

Re: Dennis Downing--- Kentucky

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 7:08PM GMT
Hi, lorrie...remember me? It's becky (rebekah) brown, your way-back cousin. Been a long time. Let me know where I can email you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.