Search for content in message boards

Jesse N Fowlkes / Hickman Co. TN

Jesse N Fowlkes / Hickman Co. TN

Posted: 21 Jan 2002 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have any information on Jesse N Fowlkes born on March 3, 1869 in Hickman Co. TN. The son of Edward A Fowlkes / Martha Caroline Temple. I would like to know what his middle name is, any marriages, death date ect... Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Jesse N Fowlkes / Hickman Co. TN

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 12:54AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2003 10:53PM GMT
Cynthia:

I can't offer you any of the specific information on Jesse you listed, but I have researched this line back to Gabriel I and can give you information from Gabe I to Edward A. and Martha. I do have Jesse's sibblings as: Henry Wiley, Martha Ellen, Allas E., Amanda C., William E., John L., Sarah Jane, Susan L., and JoAnn. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Stephen

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 3:31AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I was trying to find out if Jesse's middle name was Nathaniel and if there was a connection to my great grandfather Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes. Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes married Ellen Leona Sanders. Together they had one son named Edward James Fowlkes born on July 1, 1894 in Sweetwater, Texas. Edward married Nina Inez Wilson in Tipton County, Tennessee. Edward and Inez had nine children Jesse, Jimmy, Leona, Linda, Betty, Marshall, Mary, Leonard and Jerry. Would you happen to have any of these people in your family tree? Thank you for your help.

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 5:24PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2003 10:53PM GMT
Sorry, Cynthia I don't have anything. Have you tried looking at census data? If Edward and Martha narried in 1849 and had a child per year (though twins were possible), Jesse would have been born around 1860 and so could have had a son born in 1804. Best wishes.

Stephen

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2002 3:16PM GMT
I have a decent article on the "Fowlkes-Temple" family. The article does mention a Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes being born (3-3-1869) to Edward A. and Martha Caroline Temple Fowlkes. If I run across anything else I will let you know.

Cynthia Moll (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 5:51PM GMT
Thank you for the information on Jesse. Do you know where I can obtain a copy of this article? I would like to read it. My Grandfather is Edward James Fowlkes. According to his records his father's name is Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes born in Tennessee. My Grandfather Edward told us his Father Jesse died when he was a young boy sometime around 1900 - 1909. I would like to find out when and where Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes died and where he is buried at. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Cindy

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 5:12PM GMT
Cynthia- Do you have any other information on the children of Edward james and Nina Inez Wilson? Pleae contact me at: stephenfowlkes@comcast.net

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 8:30PM GMT
Jesse Nathaniel Fowlkes was born 3 Mar 1869 in Hickman, TN. He died about 1905 in Arkansas around Desha County where they were living.

Jesse married Ellen Leona Sanders (AKA Nellie) on 26 Sep 1893 in Hondo, Medina, Texas. Ellen was born on 7 May 1878 in Sweetwater, Nolan, Texas. She died on 18 Dec 1952 in Memphis, Shelby, TN. She is buried in the Helen Crigger Cemetery in Munford, Tipton, TN.

They had the following children:

i. Edward James Fowlkes was born on 1 Jul 1894 in Sweetwater, Nolan, Texas. He died on 3 Nov 1973 in Hines, Cook, Illinois. He is buried at Elmwood Cemetery in River Grove, Cook, IL.

Military Info.
Service # 2353492
Grade: Corporal
Arm or Service: Motor Transport Corps
Component: National Army
Inducted: December 3, 1917
Place of Entry: Fort Logan, Colorado
Discharge: March 29, 1919
Place of Separation: Camp Dodge, Iowa

ii. Ethel Leona Fowlkes was born about 1901 in Ozan, Hempstead, Arkansas. She died 1 Nov 1948 in Chicago, Cook, IL. She is buried at Elmwood Cemetery in River Grove, Cook, IL. Ethel married Fred G Feirn.

Edward James Fowlkes married (1) Minnie Wilson on 17 Sep 1917. The marriage ended in divorce. Minnie was born about 1901.

Edward married (2) Lela May Wortham on 18 Oct 1921 in Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa. Lela was born 31 Mar 1903 in Melvin, Osceola, Iowa. She died on 25 Feb 1927 in Chicago, Cook, IL. She is buried at Graceland Cemetery in Creston, Union, Iowa.

Edward and Lela had the following children:

i. Iona Fern Fowlkes was born on 11 Jul 1922 in Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa. She died on 14 Oct 1922 in Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa.

ii. Edward James Fowlkes (AKA EJ) was born on 30 Jul 1923 in Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa.

iii. Wilma Mae Fowlkes was born on 3 Sep 1925 in Sioux City, Woodbury, Iowa.

Edward married (3) Ruth (last name unknown) about 1930. The marriage ended in divorce.

Edward married (4) Erma Dickerson on 30 Sep 1935 in Covington, Tipton, TN. The marriage ended in divorce.

Edward and Erma had the following children:

i. Bessie Mae Fowlkes was born about July 1936 in Tipton , TN. Bessie married Marvin Near.

Edward married Nina Inez Wilson on 10 May 1938 in Tipton, TN. The marriage ended in divorce, Nina was born on 30 Dec 1918 in McCrory Woodruff, Arkansas. She died on 13 Oct 2003 in Lancaster, Los Angeles, California. She is buried at Eternal Valley Memorial Park in Newhall, Los Angeles, CA.

Edward and Inez had the following children:

i. Jesse Junior Fowlkes was born on 25 Oct 1938 in Tipton, TN.

ii. James Thomas Fowlkes (AKA Jimmy) was born on 6 Feb 1941 in Brighton, Tipton, TN. He died on 13 Jul 1997 in Quartz Hill, Los Angeles, CA.

iii. Leona Fern Fowlkes was born on 11 Dec 1942 in Tipton, TN. She died on 11 Apr 2002 in Lancaster, Los Angeles, CA. She was cremated.

iv. Linda Laverne Fowlkes was born on 3 Mar 1945 in Tipton, TN. She died on 4 Jun 1990. She is buried at Eternal Valley Memorial Park in Newhall, Los Angeles, CA.

v. Betty Jean Fowlkes was born on 27 Jun 1946 in Chicago, Cook, IL.

vi. Marshall James Fowlkes was born on 27 Aug 1948 in Chicago, Cook, IL. He died on 9 Dec 1972 in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA. He is buried at Eternal Valley Memorial Park in Newhall Los Angeles, CA.

vii. Mary Lois Fowlkes was born on 12 Oct 1950 in Chicago, Cook, IL.

viii. Jerry Wayne Fowlkes was born on 1 Jan 1955 in Chicago, Cook, IL. He died on 6 May 2005 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA. He was cremated at Antelope Valley Cremation Service.

Any other questions you can email me at rayp412@sbcglobal.net

Cindy

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 7:15AM GMT
info on search for rootsweb.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.