Search for content in message boards

tattenhall dodds

tattenhall dodds

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
looking for relatives to siblings of ralph dodd, born tattenhall,1808,son of william and mary,

Re: tattenhall dodds

Posted: 19 Aug 2004 8:36PM GMT
my great *7 grandmother was margaret Dod or Dodd born in 1650 or so who married a george rathbond or rathbone. Many of his decendants were born in tattenhall. Have you tried the guild of one name studies. I'm sure someone is doing Dod / Dodd. Do you have your tree going back into the 17 or 1600's?

-Nicholas

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 9:28AM GMT
Thanks for the reply Nicholas. I Haven't tried the guild of one name studies. How do I go about it? I have the family tree going back to 1700s. Some is guesses. I definitely have a George and Jane Dodd who were born in the 1740s, but the Tattenhall records for the first 20 years of the 1700s are indecipherable, which is where the guesswork came in.
Any Dodd info which you have would be appreciated. I use this site spasmodically, but can be contacted on a daily basis at johnny.dodd@lineone.net.
Where do you come from? I live at Whitchurch,Shropshire.
Regards
John Dodd

nicholas sugden (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: Dod, Dodd, Rathbone, Sugden
hey. too bad you only got the name traced back to the 1700's...then again thats pretty good. I looked in the list of registered names in the guild of one name studies online and no one has done dod/dodd yet. Check it out for your other names though. A sweet lady named Dorcas Hendershott has done my mom's name Rathbone and gave me the tree going back into the 1600's. Margaret Dodd my great*7 grandmother married George Rathbone Sept 30 1672 at Chester St Peter, Cheshire. Since your ancestors were from the same area they probably are related to her somehow. Let me know if you ever come across a margaret dod or dodd in your studies.

thanks,

Nicholas

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 7:21PM GMT
Thanks Nicholas. I will let you know if I discover Margaret Dod.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.