Search for content in message boards

Tennessee Choate's

Tennessee Choate's

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have the following information on a Choate family originally from Tennessee, but moved to Titus Co. Tx shortly after their first child was born. John was my ggg grandfather,I know, there are plenty of John Choate's. If any Choate has a John in their family of similar age, would love to hear from you. They were probably from Fayette County TN or nearby counties.

1850 Census Titus Co. Texas (Sheate in the 1850 Census)
John Choate 25 Tennessee
Amelia ? 24 Tennessee
Martha 5 Tennessee
Sina 2 Texas
Andrew 4/12 Texas

1860 Census Smith Co. Texas (Shoat without parents)
Sina 12 Texas
Andrew 10 Texas
Sarah 6 Texas
Jane 2 Texas

Thanks,
Robyn Choate Shegda

Re: Tennessee Choate's

Posted: 22 May 2008 11:32PM GMT
My grandfather was William Austin Choate whose parents were Choate cousins who married. They were James and Sealah Choate. Some say her name was Cecilia but it was not. She was from Fentress county,TN and he was from Putnam County,TN. My grandfather had a brother named John. When James died Sealah joined her sons and their wives in Grayson County,Texas. John Choate was married to Ada Apple and William Austin to Lillian Liles. There was another son who came to Texas but never married,Lonnie.

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Choate, Gilliam, Cash
Hi i am a descendant of these same choates i have a picture we are not sure which choate from TX they are just know they wher some cousins. Sealah was my grandparent also one of my aunts was named after her Celia Ann lol. As too the spelling comments apparently that is how they thought it was spelled also.

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 9:36PM GMT
I would love to see picture. Can you scan and post? I may know who it is. If I do not I have cousin who may know. We both live in Texas. Sealah is buried in Sherman,Grayson County,Texas which is where my father was born in 1902. We all moved to San Angelo,Texas which is southwest of Sherman about 317 miles. I have some information on line.
Ann Choate

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 10:52PM GMT
Lonnie,

My John William was born about 1824 and died about 1860. What year did you family members move to Texas a years of birth.
Thanks Robyn

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 6:06AM GMT
I will try to remeber to look up what pictures i can find. I have family that probably has more of them not sure if can get them, i will try. Please remind me if i do not post them soon and send me your email so i can send to you.

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 6:16AM GMT
My aunt Celia Ann Cash Slagle was named after Sealea Choate her grandmother , Her mother was Sarah Ester aka Sally Choate. They lived for some time in Putnam Co., TN. then moved to Huntsville AL. Her husband James Thomas Cash is buried in Prospect TN , at Prospect Cemetery, She is buried as is Celian aka Celia Ann Slagle in Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville, AL.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 2:03AM GMT
I am looking for any facts about a Willie A. Choate. His mother was Sealah Choate, she was 43 of age in abt.1880 They were both from Putnam TN. Willie was my great great grandfather. His dauther was Dessie Allean Choate, which was my grandmother.

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 11:21PM GMT
My great-grandfather James Choate married Sealah Choate in Tennessee. My grandfather was William Austin Choate born in Kentucky in 1865 although Sealah and James,who were Choate cousins before their marriage and after too,both had last name of Choate,were from Tennessee. Sealah was from Fentress County,Jamestown,Tennessee and James from Putnam County,Tennessee. I have information. My grandfather William Austin Choate married Lillian Lyles in Tennessee. He was usually just called Austin.
My grandfather and grandmother moved to Grayson County,Texas,and were later joined by Sealah after James died. An unmarried son Lonnie came with her. Later John Choate and his wife Ada Apple joined them there in Grayson County,Texas.Sealah,Lonnie,John and his wife Ada,and my grandparents William Austin and Lillian Choate are all buried in Sherman,Grayson County,Texas. Contact me through this address bannc39@verizon.net
Ann
Ann Choate

Posted: 14 Dec 2008 5:46PM GMT
I was curious and went to Alcorn Co.,MS.Ceme. and came across this name, and for some reason decided to post. My mother did have a Choate in her address book at one time but I have no way of knowing who or why. She is of the Inlow line. Anyway that maybe why I was drawn to posting this. Hope it helps someone....
1934-Alcorn Co.Poor House Ceme.pg.72
Tennessee Choate (her name) white-abt 88 yrs.old MS.
Father-Dave Choate-MS
Mother -Ms.Hage-TN
There is a description of the cemet. sitting in the middle of a landfill. You can excess all od Corinth,Alcorn Co.,MS. cemeteries...I was looking and found (out of place) a Richard Ferlanda Enlow. Which he should of been in Ark or Tn.
Hope this helps...kat thayer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.