Search for content in message boards

Epraim Stover/ Stober

Epraim Stover/ Stober

Jack D. Stover (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STOVER, MARDER
I am looking for the parents of Ephraim STOVER who was born in MD,16-5-1823 to parents who were also born in MD.

I have reason to believe that he was born in either Williamsport or Hagerstown in Washington County.

My Ephraim was of Lutheran faith. His children were all baptized Lutheran.

He was married to Mary Ann MARDER in Summit county, Ohio in 1847.

Mary Ann was born in Lancaster, PA 23-9-1825.

Her parents were John Baptist MARDER born 6-12-1797, in Gottingen, Baden, Germany and Margaret E. MARDER born
2-3-1796, Wirtenburg,Germany.

Ephraim and Mary Ann had six children, Jeremiah b. 1848, Sarah Jane b. 1-6-1850, William Henry (my great-grandfather) and his twin brother John Manis b 7-3-1853, Samuel Franklyn b. 20-10-1855 and Daniel Allen b. 1-3-1863.

Can anybody out there give me any clues? I am interested in Lutheran Church records!

Stover/Ott

Fay Borsos (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ott
I am looking into the possibility that Henry Ott (or maybe Utt) and Elizabeth Stover were parents of my Jacob Ott. They were married in 1809, Hagerstown, Washington Co.
Jacob was born Sept 12, 1824, but I do not know any siblings. He is living near an Elizabeth Ott in Boonsboro in 1850 (he is married to Sophia Huntsberry). He is also living next door to an Alfred Stover (perhaps a cousin). Could be related to your Ephraim Stover. However, Jacob belonged to the Church of the Brethren, not the Lutherans. Have you check the Lutheran newsletter records which were published at that time? If you think we may be looking at linked lines, contact me at fborsos@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.