Search for content in message boards

ryker search

ryker search

Posted: 23 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: ryker, bradshaw, white
I am searching for any and all information on Jared S. Ryker born Dec. 2, 1822, his first wife, Clarissa Catherine Bradshaw and his second wife Rebecca Elizabeth White. Thank you for any and all help.

Be Careful

Anne Allen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ryker
Mary,

Be careful on researching Rykers. I have the Jefferson County bios and there was a Jared G. Rkyer and his son Jared D. Ryker. They settled in Jefferson County about the same time.

I checked the listing for Jared D. and the information doesn't seem to match up to theirs.

Sorry I can't help any further.

Anne Allen

Re: ryker search

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2003 7:14PM GMT
Did you ever find the information you were looking for on Jared S. Ryker? I am working on the Ryker family tree....descendants of Gerardus Ryker. I have Jared S. Ryker on the tree. Also if you are related and want to be included on the tree, let me know how you are related to him.

Ardath Blue (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Ryker, Demaree, VanCleave, Smock
Gerardus Ryker Sr. was married to my 4th great grandaunt, Rachel Demaree. According to my records, their son, John Berian Ryker, had a son named Gerardus Jared and he had a son named Jared H. Is this the same person you are looking for? Do I have his middle initial wrong?

Posted: 22 Sep 2003 1:44AM GMT
The query I was answering was about Jared S. Ryker born Dec 2 1802. Your Jared H. Ryker was born in 1811. There are a number of Jared and Gerardus Rykers in the family.

I have been working on the Ryker family tree trying to include descendants of Gerardus Ryker and Rachel Demarest. If you would like to be included on the tree, just let me know how you are related and I will be happy to include you.

Carol

Posted: 4 Oct 2003 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2004 4:20AM GMT
yes, I finally found my ggg grandfather Jared S. Ryker. He was born Dec. 2, 1822 in Jefferson Co. IN to Samuel Ryker (1799-1839) and Elinor Bergen (1802-1892).He married Clarissa Catherine Bradshaw (1832-1857) Apr 14, 1853 and my gg grandmother Clarissa Catherine Ryker was born Nov. 4 1856. He married Rebecca Elizabeth White (1843-1912) Jan 10 1861 in Lawrence MO and they had 2 children. Jared S Ryker in buried in North Half of Old Cemetery in Aurora MO. Samuel Ryker's father was Gerardus Riker (1767-1839) and his mother was Leah Smock (1774-1858)

Posted: 4 Oct 2003 12:08PM GMT
I am currently working on a family tree of the descendants of Gerardus Ryker and Rachel Demarest. I have your ancestors on the tree, but that line stops at Clarissa Catherine Ryker Masters. If you want to be included on the tree, just send any information you have from Clarissa down to you.
Carol

evelyn shedd (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2003 5:16PM GMT
my GGGrandparents were WILLIAM MELTON and CATHERINE GREEN. catherine had a brother DAVID GREEN who marr. MALINDA RYKER 14 Feb.1822

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 8:00AM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw Ryker Cooley Martindale Cline Johnson Grey Wilson Aibner Sporcich Snodgrass
I have a photo of the headstone of Clarissa's father, Jesse Bradshaw, as well as copies of the land patents he purchased in Indiana.

He was born December 26, 1800 in New York to Cornelius and Almira Bradshaw (maiden name Johnson). He married Anna Meecher (possibly Meeker) in Meigs County, Ohio on March 20, 1823. He and Anna are living in Jefferson County, Indiana by 1830, and he died there November 1, 1870. He was a farmer and shoemaker. He is buried in Lancaster Cemetery just west of Lancaster, on the north side of IN250 behind the Bible Baptist Temple Church.

His wife Anna is still living in 1880 in Lancaster Township in Jefferson County, Indiana, alone as a boarder. I haven't been able to confirm her date of death or find her burial. The cemetery where Jesse is buried has many unmarked and degraded stones--there is an unmarked stone immediately next to him.

Jesse and Anna had three children. David, Clarissa and Oliver. I cannot find David after the 1870 census.

Information that I have, but have not verified is that Clarissa married Jared S. Ryker on April 14, 1853 in Jefferson County, Indiana. I show his father as Samuel S. Ryker and Elinor Bergin, both of Kentucky.
I believe they were members of the reformed church (searching "low dutch" and Pennsylvania or Manhatten may be helpful in finding their parents as they kept pretty detailed birth and marriage records). Samuel is listed as being buried in the Riker cemetery in Shelby Township, Jefferson County, Indiana.

I have a date of death for Clarissa as November 6, 1857.

Posted: 18 Jun 2006 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw
Jesse's father was Cornelius and mother was Rachel. I listed this incorrectly in my last message.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.