Search for content in message boards

Hofer,Windisch,Liell

Hofer,Windisch,Liell

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hofer, Liell, Windisch
I'm researching a Hofer family from Burgenland Austria the family was baptized at the Pilgersdorf Church My great-grandmother, Anna Hofer,born 8/11/1851 her mothers maiden name Windisch the first name Anna, born 1/2/1816 Philip Liell my great grand-father born 4/11/1846 in Beringstorf Hungary according to his death certificate. I'm having trouble with Beringstorf Hungary as the place doesn't exist anymore. The Hofer family imigrated in 1866. And Philip Liell in 1865. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you Sandra Liell Bachman (There is a roll of microfilm at the LDS family history center to verify the Hofer family #0700715)

Hofer,Windisch,Liell

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:59AM GMT
"Philip Liell my great grand-father born 4/11/1846 in Beringstorf Hungary according to his death certificate. I'm having trouble with Beringstorf Hungary as the place doesn't exist anymore."

It should still be in Albert's list on the BB website if it ever existed. That is probably a spelling that people put down from memory after a long period of time and they may never have had the correct name/spelling. I checked under Beringstorf and the more likely Beringsdorf and think that it might have been Piringsdorf. You could check those records or other possibilities to see if that is the case.

Bob

Re: Hofer,Windisch,Liell

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 5:41PM GMT
Interested in your Anna Hoffer. She had a brother Steven Windisch. I had been unable to find Beringstorf either.

Kathleen Nodine
knodine@juno.com

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 4:54PM GMT
Anna Hofer's mother's name was Anna Marie Windisch she married Joseph Hofer. Steven Windisch is buried in St. Joseph Cemetery in Lenexa Ks. I believe that Anna Marie Windisch and Steven Windisch were brothers and sisters, but I haven't verified that yet. The Windisch family came to America with the Hofer family. Steven wasn't on the Ship Manifest, it has been told to me that he came with his family in 1859. According to the Ship Manifest the Windisch family was not from Pilgersdorf or Piringsdorf or Bubendorf. The villiage is a name begining with it looks like a S or L. I have more info.

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 1:56AM GMT
Steven with three daughters landed in New Orleans in 1859.
They made their way up to Kansas City right after the Civil
War. I'd like to learn more of Anna & her line.

Kathleen knodine@juno.com

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 12:17AM GMT
Kathleen, I assume you are getting my reply, I'm not real familiar with posting to roots web. I sent an email to your address, so I don't need to. I have an updated file I just received from a family member it is in work pad. Mine is not updated yet I can email that file to you if you wish. I am Anna Hofer's great-grandaughter, who was Anna Marie Windisch Hofer's daughter. My great-grandfather was Philip (Leidl) Liell in the U.S. Most of the family is reasearching Hofer Morgan Liell. I do know an older family member told me Steven and his family came over in 1859 and he had 3 daughters, one of his daughters was good friends with Elizabeth Schlagel, who married John Hofer a son on Anna Marie Windisch Hofer. There is a family member of the Windisch family by the name of Jan Woodford I have her email address and she has most of the Windisch Family history, although I have some. Let me know if you want the Hofer file I received last night, its quite lenghthy. Sandy

Joan Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 8:57PM GMT
Are Steven and Anna related to Mary Windisch who married Herman Spielbush - lived Wea, Kansas???

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 10:57PM GMT
Yes, Stephen and wife (probably was Carmen who must not have come to USA) had at least five children: Joseph, Anna, Rosy, Mary and John. Possibly there were 3 children left in Austria: Anton, Catherine and Lyeong.

Can you help me with Anna's line?
Thanks,

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 3:54PM GMT
I'm not sure as I'm not as familiar with the Windisch side, but I will forward your message to some one who is Anna Marie Windisch Hofer married Joseph Hofer and their daughter Anna Hofer Morgan Liell is my great-grandmother. The lady I'm forwarding your message to is Jan Woodford, who's mother was a Windisch, I believe the family is from the Wea Louisburg area.

Jan Woodford (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 4:38PM GMT
Joan,

I'm replying for Sandy Bachman about the Windisch
family. I don't have details yet but it's believed that
the Mary Windisch who married Herman Spielbush is a relative of Steven Windisch (father of Joseph Sr)
Joseph Sr is the father of Joseph Jr and Jr was my
mother's grandfather. Most of my mother's
family lives in the Louisburg, Paola, Wea Kansas area.
I will be visiting my aunt in Louisburg this week-end and
she can show me in the family history book how the
Windisch/Spielburg family connects. If you get any
replies from a Kathleen Nodine...she is my cousin.
I think between all of us we can figure out the family
connection. What city area you in?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.