Search for content in message boards

Baker

Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2002 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Fullerton
LEAH C. BAKER married JOHN P. FULLERTON in Jasper County, MO
November 1, 1877. Seeking information about this couple.
I'm a descendent of the Moses Baker Family of Jasper Co.
Any information would be helpful
Thanks
Carolyn
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Fullerton
Thanks so much for the information and I may take you up on your offer of the Fullerton Family. But right now I'm very interested in Leah Baker that married your Fullerton.
She's part of my family that disappeared around 1863 or so.
She was born in Carthage, Jasper Co., MO to Moses Jefferson Baker and Nancy Jackson. The Baker family moved to the area around 1840. any information you may have on her would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Carolyn

John P. Fullerton

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Fullerton, Baker, Fort
I have them in my database:

John Pilot Fullerton (b. 12/23/1835 in Jasper County, Missouri and died 8/18/1886 in Sarcoxie, Jasper County, Missouri.) I think that Jasper County didn't exist until the 1840s, so this was probably Green or Barry County at this time.

I have the same marriage date as you.

John Pilot Fullerton's father was John McCune Fullerton (b. 2/15/1800 in Iredell County, NC, died 4/30/1845 in Jasper County, Missouri.) Some sources say that John M's middle name was "McClure", but I'm voting for "McCune".

His mother was Ann Rawls Fort (b. April 2, 1803 in Christian County, KY and died April 03, 1845 in Jasper County, MO).

I'm descended from John Pilot Fullerton's oldest brother, Jesse Harrell Fullerton. (Some sources say that his middle name was "Harold", and they may be right.)

On the recommendation of two wonderful cousins I met on this list, I found lots of Fullerton information in "The Fullertons, Fullartons, and Fullingtons of North America" by Gordon Fullerton, 1995, vol 2. On the Fort Family, is "A Family Called Fort" by Homer T. Fort, Jr. and
Drucilla Stovall Jones. West Texas Printing Company, Midland, TX 1970. Both of these books are in the Library of Congress, and you might want to check the National Union Catalogue to find out where else they are.

If the Internet family trees I found are right, Ann Rawls Fort's ancestry goes all the way back to Jamestown!

Write me if you'd like a gedcom file, I'd be happy to share my Fullerton information.

- Heather Blair

Leah C. Baker

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Fullerton, Freshwater
Wow! I didn't know her middle name was Catherine. Thanks for that bit of information.
Did Leah live all her life in Jasper Co.? Do you know of any of her family? Any children by either of these men?
When did she marry Freshwater and where?
I will be glad to share all that I have on her and her family. She was part of the 2nd family of Moses jefferson Baker of Carthage, Jasper co., MO. 1st family was Amanda Melugin who married Moses in Barry co. MO 1839. they had 3 boys: Burton (Benton on Census) b. 1840, thomas Jefferson b. 1842 and Winfield Scott b. 1848. Amanda died and Moses Jefferson Baker married Nancy Jackson of the same area.
they had three children (I'll get the dates for you) Laura, Leah and Moses C..b. 1863.....The civil war broke out in the area and Moses J. was a guerilla leader in the area and quite wealthy. He was killed around Ft. Scott, Ks 1863.
Don't know what happened to Nancy, she may have died since the children had quardians......Moses C. Baker lived with his older brother on the 1870 census (Benton/Burton)
Leah obviously lived in the area, but who with I don't know
and I can't find Laura. Moses C. Baker eventually ended up in Collin county, Texas with his uncle John Jackson.He was 16 years old 1880 census. John Jackson was his guardian since Burton had died in 1873.

Thats All I can come up with off the top of my head, will send you more.....any questions just ask......
Thanks
Carolyn

BAKER and FULLERTON

Ellen FranKs (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAKER, FULLERTON, FRESHWATER, FORT, RASCO
My records show John Pilot FULLERTON m Leah Catherine BAKER in 1877 in Jasper, MO.
I also show another marriage....to a man with the surname of FRESHWATER. I do not show a Christian name or date/place of the marriage. Sorry
I don't have a lot on her but can tell you that the is mentioned in A FAMILY CALLED FORT and also in THE RASCO FAMILY TREE....both just mentioning her marriage to John Pilot FULLERTON.
My own line of research is the FULLERTON as my Laban Taylor FULLERTON was a brother of John Pilot FULLERTON.
Because I collect information on collateral lines as well, I should like to discuss the information you have for Leah Catherine BAKER Fullerton Freshwater.
God Bless,
Ellen

Leah Catherine Baker

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAker
Oops! sorry, but I just found other information that shows
Leah Catherine Baker belonging to Joseph and Elizabeth (Derick) Baker of the same area. Mine is Leah E. Baker
Carolyn
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baker
Joseph Baker farmer and stock-raiser, post office Sarcoxie was born in Alabama, Sept 23, 1822. His parents were John and Susan Baker, natives of Tenn. Joseph was raised in McMinn County, Tenn. in 1852 he moved to adams co., Ill .
Came to Missouri in 1872, jasper county.
He married in McMinn Co., Tenn Dec. 12, 1844 to Elizabeth Derick.
children: James A., b. 11-24-1845, John c. b. 11-28, 1847, Samuel H. b. 1-31-1850, Leah C., b. 3-11-1853, Thomas J. b. 1-26-1855, Mary A., b. 2-3-1857, Joseph A. b. may 6, 1859
William r., b. 2-9-1862, Julia A., b. 12-2-1863, Louisa E., b. April 16, 1869.
Hope this helps
Carolyn

BAKER

Colleen Cornwell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BAKER
While we're discussing the BAKER connection in Jasper CO, MO
do any of you have record of a Joseph (or Josiah) Baker,
bn KY, who had these daughters: Mary (bn 1832 - KY),
Margaret and Ellen (bn mid 1840s - MO), and Emily (bn 1850 -
MO)? Surely there were some sons ????

Have reason to believe he went to Hopkins CO, TX early 1850s
and then perhaps back to MO about time daughters Mary Dawson
(wife of Martin) and Margaret (wife of Joseph Howell) did
in 1867-68. Family "lore" is that is lived to old age (probably most of 1800's) --- and very possibly was a lay
minister.

Any clues?

Colleen Cornwell

John McCune

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: McCune, Schell, Broodhurst, Broodhorst
My Grandfather John H. McCune was born in Jasper County, MO to William and Cora Zentz McCune. I have information about a few McCune's in the area. His Brother's were:
Charles M Ada unknown
Children: James Riley McCune and Beatrice McCune
They lived on Harlem Street in 1920
Charles 2nd wife Pauline Broodhurst or Hurst
Children Cora Catherine born 1925
Living on Harlem Street in 1925

Raymond Harold- Route three and Route 4
Truck Driver

Claude

Paul M. McCune
Father James Samuel McCune

William's mother Alice McCuen(as far as I can tell was married to Fred Schell and the to William's wife Cora May

Unknown where Alice was born nore McCune married to
Fred was married to Polly Johnston till around 1907-1912
Cora Catherine says that her Grandfather's father changed the name and that they could have lived in Ky. William in Cencus was born in KY in 1869
Unable to make connection to other McCune's in area but I have written for more information

If this sounds like any of this fits , please contact me
Thanks, Diann

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Rasco, bryan, wilson
I am new at searching for Rascos and to this site and you have probably already been in contact with Jrrasco@aol.com or research the rasconames on Genforum but if not you might want check it out
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.